Sound Editor - I can't convert my songs

fullMETAL

@TheVisitorX I installed Sound Editor 2017 fresh to my Win10 laptop, and downloaded-and-installed WWise from there (SE seems to use the 2014 version, apparently?), and then set my directory, but when I try to convert an MP3 to WEM, I get an error message that says "Make sure you have the right version of WWise".

Without going straight into "use WWiseCLI with the Command Line, then" territory, is there a solution for YOUR program so that I don't have to resort to a command line conversion?

8 minutes ago, fullMETAL said:

@TheVisitorX I installed Sound Editor 2017 fresh to my Win10 laptop, and downloaded-and-installed WWise from there (SE seems to use the 2014 version, apparently?), and then set my directory, but when I try to convert an MP3 to WEM, I get an error message that says "Make sure you have the right version of WWise".

Without going straight into "use WWiseCLI with the Command Line, then" territory, is there a solution for YOUR program so that I don't have to resort to a command line conversion?

Do you have Wwise v2014 properly installed? SE should download and install it when it's not installed. Also make sure that you have the vcredis installed. It's in the SE main directory. Double-click and install that. Wwise needs that, too. And SE does not work with any higher Wwise version!

Edited by TheVisitorX

Indeed, WWise is d'led and installed from SE, and my VCRedist is totally up to date (I even ran the one you included just to be sure).

I'm getting a suggestion to redownload certain files and reinstall WWise 2014 from them, will that work?

UPDATE: Apparently my .NET Framework was not up to date; updating it made a conversion actually WORK.

Edited by fullMETAL
update