Get the F back in! (V3 - WWF Arena/Menu mods)

WhereTheFdidTheEgo

Just now, trioxin1331 said:

Amazing work  :D Is there any way you could do anything with the In-arena wwe 2k17/Don't try this at home logos? 

Thanks dude, and yes I plan to, I'm pretty sure they are in the /stadium files :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

Niceeee!

Thanks, it's good news/bad news though... good news is that the classic WWF file works for SNME, WWE Live 91 and SS 88 billboards, a little more good news is I found the file for the attitude era arena billboards and replaced them, the bad news is that it also affects the WCW(Monday Night War era) areans... so that is a shame, I was hoping to make some WCW ones :(  http://imgur.com/a/YWQOr

I got a suggestion for the Arena billboards which are the same for WWF aswell as WCW Arenas, maybe instead of using WWF and 2K logos, you could replace them with commercial billboards like Pepsi or CokaCola, Mc Donalds or whatever you will see in an Arena.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scratcher said:

I got a suggestion for the Arena billboards which are the same for WWF aswell as WCW Arenas, maybe instead of using WWF and 2K logos, you could replace them with commercial billboards like Pepsi or CokaCola, Mc Donalds or whatever you will see in an Arena.

I was thinking about that, I could also make them all transparent logos, which would just black them all out, I'm not sure what I want to do with that yet..

15 hours ago, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

Thanks, it's good news/bad news though... good news is that the classic WWF file works for SNME, WWE Live 91 and SS 88 billboards, a little more good news is I found the file for the attitude era arena billboards and replaced them, the bad news is that it also affects the WCW(Monday Night War era) areans... so that is a shame, I was hoping to make some WCW ones :(  http://imgur.com/a/YWQOr

You can create your own stadium. Just create it as a new # that's not included for WCW billboards. Then you can just have people change it inside misc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hovathagod32 said:

You can create your own stadium. Just create it as a new # that's not included for WCW billboards. Then you can just have people change it inside misc

I might actually take that on someday, I noticed that part in the "big modding tutorial" but I was too nervous to give it a go yet, plus I haven't studied that part at all, I figured I would be better off just replacing the already in-game arenas, and also allowing much better modders to use any of the resources, it took me WAY too long to piece together just how to get them working in-game for the turnbuckles...(just needed to generate the mip maps in VS....) Maybe I will just release multiple versions of the billboards, I'm not sure, I have so many ideas.... do you happen to know where the backstage stuff is?  It said arstadium23.pac on the file list, but there were no posters or anything in there... 

You guys wanna know something funny?  I just realized that those files in "/pac/menu/assets/wwe17_anime/ingame/wwelive, etc." are the in-game logos in the bottom corner :D  I had them set to off in the options :/ 

12 minutes ago, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

I might actually take that on someday, I noticed that part in the "big modding tutorial" but I was too nervous to give it a go yet, plus I haven't studied that part at all, I figured I would be better off just replacing the already in-game arenas, and also allowing much better modders to use any of the resources, it took me WAY too long to piece together just how to get them working in-game for the turnbuckles...(just needed to generate the mip maps in VS....) Maybe I will just release multiple versions of the billboards, I'm not sure, I have so many ideas.... do you happen to know where the backstage stuff is?  It said arstadium23.pac on the file list, but there were no posters or anything in there... 

You guys wanna know something funny?  I just realized that those files in "/pac/menu/assets/wwe17_anime/ingame/wwelive, etc." are the in-game logos in the bottom corner :D  I had them set to off in the options :/ 

It's fairly easy.. You already made texture edits for one stadium, so what you would do is take that PACH/SHDC and inject it into a 2K16 Stadium file, and rename it like a character mod. Say arstadium99.pac... Then you would find the WCW arenas inside misc, and change the number for the stadium to 99. Then all the WCW arenas would have their textures vs the WWF ones.

99 may be a bad example.. I think 99 is actually used in game LOL, but the concept is the same

Edited by hovathagod32
  • Like 1

I'm having a bit of a problem. 

I'm new to modding so it's entirely possible that I made a very basic mistake but I don't know what I did wrong.

I downloaded the Zip, Unzipped the file and dropped the "WWE2K17" folder into "common" as per instructed and told it to overwrite the files.

But now the game will not go past the copyright info screen and just crashes.

Help me, WhereDidTheFgo, you're my only hope.

11 minutes ago, TransGamer said:

I'm having a bit of a problem. 

I'm new to modding so it's entirely possible that I made a very basic mistake but I don't know what I did wrong.

I downloaded the Zip, Unzipped the file and dropped the "WWE2K17" folder into "common" as per instructed and told it to overwrite the files.

But now the game will not go past the copyright info screen and just crashes.

Help me, WhereDidTheFgo, you're my only hope.

My game does that all the time, and always has, sometimes I have to start it like 4-5 times before it stays going, after that I haven't noticed any crashing problems though, other than the stupid create a moveset menu :/  All of these files are tested though, and I use all of them in my game.

28 minutes ago, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

My game does that all the time, and always has, sometimes I have to start it like 4-5 times before it stays going, after that I haven't noticed any crashing problems though, other than the stupid create a moveset menu :/  All of these files are tested though, and I use all of them in my game.

I have tried loading it Multiple times and nothing. it doesn't show the spinning load signal in the corner like it normally would. it just instantly crashes.

Just now, TransGamer said:

I have tried loading it Multiple times and nothing. it doesn't show the spinning load signal in the corner like it normally would. it just instantly crashes.

Hmmm, that is the same exact crash I have to deal with all the time, it always works after(usually) the 3rd time starting it, your PC asked you to replace every file right, and there are no duplicate folders or anything?  If everything is in the right spot, you should have no problems... 

4 minutes ago, TransGamer said:

Only other thing I can think of is to go to your /Steam/steamapps/common/WWE2K17 folder and run WWE2K17.exe "as administrator" <- that is how I always run the game.

Okay. I tried that and still nothing. 

In fact I even tried to just install the arena folder and the game loaded fine, let me go through the menus no hassle, but when I tried to start a game in the raw is war arena it immediately crashed. It's like my game doesn't want to be modded...

1 minute ago, TransGamer said:

Okay. I tried that and still nothing. 

In fact I even tried to just install the arena folder and the game loaded fine, let me go through the menus no hassle, but when I tried to start a game in the raw is war arena it immediately crashed. It's like my game doesn't want to be modded...

Did you make new cache files?  You just delete chuck_cache.bin and chunk_cache2.bin, then make 2 new text files, name them the same thing(make sure the file extension changes from .txt to .bin)  If you haven't done this(or downloaded the ones that someone put on their page) your game will not load mods

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhereTheFdidTheEgo said:

Did you make new cache files?  You just delete chuck_cache.bin and chunk_cache2.bin, then make 2 new text files, name them the same thing(make sure the file extension changes from .txt to .bin)  If you haven't done this(or downloaded the ones that someone put on their page) your game will not load mods

When I said I was new to modding I really meant it :lol

Alright. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Thanks for being so patient with me.

Just now, TransGamer said:

When I said I was new to modding I really meant it :lol

Alright. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Thanks for being so patient with me.

It's all good, it happens, that is 100% what your problem is then, I will add that info to the 1st page, I forgot to do that on this thread :p 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Wölfpack said:

Any incoming updates?

Yes, announce tables, microphones, pause logos, the little logos on the main menu, the arena select logos, just not sure when yet, I've been doing a lot of different things, and also trying to learn /ch modding, plus life... should be fairly soon though for this one :) 

• Like 1