We Are NXT 2K18 Showcase Idea

Tornado_X

OK so imagine that there would be a showcase that would be specifically focused on the birth of NXT to its current stage. It would consist of the matches actual arena, attires, special objectives, custom commentary etc.. It will also have "chapters" like in the WWE'13 Attitude Era Mode, with a chapter consisting of 4-5 matches that covers a superstar or feud. For realism sake, I decided to go up to TakeOver Orlando, because the cut off date for anything will probably be before the next TakeOver, and no new chapters could be created after Orlando.

Total Match Count: 45

Total Unlockable Characters: 34

Total Unlockable Arenas: 19

Total Unlockable Titles: 6
-
Seth Rollins:

1/4 - Aug/29/2012  NXT '12
NXT Championship
Seth Rollins def. Jinder Mahal

2/4 - Oct/10/2012  NXT '12
NXT Championship
Seth Rollins (c) def. Michael McGillicuty

3/4 - Jan/2/2013  NXT '13
NXT Championship
Seth Rollins (c) def. Corey Graves

4/4 - Jan/9/2013  NXT '13
NXT Championship
Big E Langston def. Seth Rollins (c)

Bo Dallas:

1/4 - May/8/2013  NXT '13
NXT Tag Team Championship
The Wyatt Family def. Adrian Neville (c) and Bo Dallas

2/4 - June/12/2013  NXT '13
NXT Championship
Bo Dallas def. Big E Langston (c)

3/4 - Oct/16/2013  NXT '13
NXT Championship 
Bo Dallas (c) def. Sami Zayn

4/4 - Feb/24/2014  NXT ArRival
NXT Championship Ladder Match
Adrian Neville def. Bo Dallas (c)

Adrian Neville:

1/4 - Mar/21/2014  NXT '14
NXT Championship
Adrian Neville (c) def. Bo Dallas

2/4 - May/29/2014  NXT TakeOver
NXT Championship
Adrian Neville (c) def. Tyson Kidd

3/4 - Sept/11/2014   NXT TakeOver: Fatal 4-Way
NXT Championship in a Fatal 4 Way Match
Adrian Neville (c) def. Tyson Kidd, Sami Zayn, and Tyler Breeze

4/4 - Dec/11/2014     NXT TakeOver: R-Evolution
NXT Championship
Sami Zayn def. Adrian Neville (c)

Charlotte:
1/4 - May/29/2014  NXT TakeOver
NXT Women's Championship
Charlotte def. Natalya

2/4 - Sept/11/2014  NXT TakeOver: Fatal 4-Way
NXT Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) def. Bayley

3/4 - Oct/2/2014  NXT '14
NXT Women's Championship 
Charlotte def. Bayley

4/4 - Dec/11/2014    NXT TakeOver:  R-Evolution
NXT Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) def. Sasha Banks

Kevin Owens:

1/4 - Dec/18/2014  NXT '14
Kevin Owens vs. Adrian Neville went to a no contest

2/4 - Feb/11/2015  NXT TakeOver: Rival
NXT Championship
Kevin Owens def. Sami Zayn (c)

3/4 - May/20/2015  NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable
NXT Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn went to a no contest

4/4 - June/17/2015  NXT
Kevin Owens vs. Samoa Joe went to a no contest

Sasha Banks/Bayley Feud:

1/4 - Feb/11/2015  NXT TakeOver: Rival
NXT Women's Championship Fatal 4 Way Match
Sasha Banks def. Charlotte (c), Becky Lynch, and Bayley

2/4 - May/20/2015  NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable
NXT Women's Championship
Sasha Banks (c) def. Becky Lynch

3/4 - Aug/22/2015  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn
NXT Women's Championship
Bayley def. Sasha Banks (c)

4/4 - Oct/7/2015   NXT TakeOver: Respect
NXT Women's Championship Iron Man Match
Bayley (c) def. Sasha Banks

Finn Bálor:

1/4 - Aug/22/2015  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn
NXT Championship Ladder Match 
Finn Bálor (c) def. Kevin Owens

2/4 - Dec/16/2015  NXT TakeOver: London
NXT Championship
Finn Bálor (c) def. Samoa Joe

3/4 - April/1/2016  NXT TakeOver: Dallas
NXT Championship
Finn Bálor (c) def. Samoa Joe

4/4 - June/8/2016  NXT TakeOver: The End
NXT Championship Steel Cage Match
Samoa Joe (c) def. Finn Bálor 

NXT Tag Team Champions:

1/5 - April/1/2016  NXT TakeOver: Dallas
NXT Tag Team Championships
American Alpha def. The Revival (c)

2/5 - June/8/2016  NXT TakeOver: The End
The Revival def. American Alpha (c)

3/5 - Aug/22/2016  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II
The Revival (c) def. #DIY

4/5 - Nov/19/2016  NXT TakeOver: Toronto
#DIY def. The Revival (c)

5/5 - Jan/28/2017  NXT TakeOver: San Antonio
Authors of Pain def. #DIY (c)

Asuka:

1/4 - April/1/2016   NXT TakeOver: Dallas
NXT Women's Championship
Asuka def. Bayley (c)

2/4 - Aug/19/2016  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II
NXT Women's Championship
Asuka (c) def. Bayley

3/4 - Nov/19/2016  NXT TakeOver: Toronto
NXT Women's Championship
Asuka (c) def. Mickie James

4/4 - April/1/2017  NXT TakeOver: Orlando
NXT Women's Championship 
Asuka (c) def. Ember Moon

Samoa Joe/Shinsuke Nakamura Feud:

1/4 - April/1/2016  NXT TakeOver: Dallas
Shinsuke Nakamura def. Sami Zayn

2/4 - Aug/20/2016  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II
NXT Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura def. Samoa Joe (c)

3/4 - Nov/19/2016  NXT TakeOver: Toronto
NXT Championship
Samoa Joe def. Shinsuke Nakamura (c)

4/4 - Dec/28/2016  NXT (Osaka Special)
NXT Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura def. Samoa Joe (c)

Bobby Roode:

1/4 - Aug/20/2016  NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II
Bobby Roode def. Andrade "Cien" Almas

2/4 - Nov/19/2016  NXT TakeOver: Toronto
Bobby Roode def. Tye Dillinger

3/4 - Jan/28/2017  NXT TakeOver: San Antonio
NXT Championship
Bobby Roode def. Shinsuke Nakamura (c)

4/4 - April/1/2017  NXT TakeOver: Orlando
NXT Championship
Bobby Roode (c) def. Shinsuke Nakamura

-

Let me know what you think!

Edited by Tornado_X
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

good god no.

i'm glad you're back but i don't really like nxt that much to be forced to play that

If we can get all of that NXT talent and Arenas, I'm game for it! Just please let the Iconic Duo be in the game as Billie was scanned most likely around Mania 32 suggests! I'm big on them right now XD

21 hours ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

If we can get all of that NXT talent and Arenas, I'm game for it! Just please let the Iconic Duo be in the game as Billie was scanned most likely around Mania 32 suggests! I'm big on them right now XD

maybe you weren't around when i said this the last 15 times. A talent NXT or 205 Live can only be considered eligible for game form if they have a merchandising contract in addition to a standard performance contract.  This is the reason #DIY and Bobby Roode both were absent from 2k17 and why Aries and the club ended up as dlc.

NXT may not be as popular as it once was, but reliving the birth and prime of NXT would be awesome, like imagine the cutscenes for all the matches! I think that 2K18 would be great to include this showcase because by next year there would have to be much more matches added.

Oh, and if we don't get the Iconic Duo, I'm positive we will have Sanity and Ember in.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tornado_X said:

NXT may not be as popular as it once was, but reliving the birth and prime of NXT would be awesome, like imagine the cutscenes for all the matches! I think that 2K18 would be great to include this showcase because by next year there would have to be much more matches added.

Oh, and if we don't get the Iconic Duo, I'm positive we will have Sanity and Ember in.

I fully agree with that first line. They may not be as big as they used to but they still have great talent keeping eyes on them.

I would think that the Duo has to be in at least this year since if not for Billie being scanned long ago, at least the reason be they are popular and the top heels of the division.

Edited by Dr.C-Squared

Going back to what Jai said, they do wear their Iconic Duo t-shirts to the ring now, It'll be a matter of time under it shows up on shop wwe

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tornado_X said:

Going back to what Jai said, they do wear their Iconic Duo t-shirts to the ring now, It'll be a matter of time under it shows up on shop wwe

Yeah and he is right and I've seen the huge demand for the shirts to go up on the shop. Granted I was one of them. But of course even if they take a while, WWE could if they wanted to approve of them to be in the game.

They are quite popular, and I would be very surprised if they aren't included. But If they aren't I would think they'd be included as part of Future Stars

4 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

They are quite popular, and I would be very surprised if they aren't included. But If they aren't I would think they'd be included as part of Future Stars

On game or on DLC, I will be happy they made it. Waiting for the DLC would suck but totally worth it.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Tornado_X said:

it's not about popularity it's about merchandising rights. and i'm not talking about t-shirts and apparel on shopzone.

when i say merchandising contracts i mean the contracts that allows them to be in game form, dvds, action figures and the like.  The T-shirts falls under the standard performance contract.

there's no doubt we get ember in as dlc. as far as Sanity that's a tough one. yes they're popular but sanity debuted in October. there's a slim chance they make it but i think that the NXT cutofs are a bit different than the current wwe roster. and not everyone will make it in. but i'm not 100% against the idea. my thing is with an nxt showcase. people what get mad cause Ho Ho Lun didn't make the game?

atleast with a legend or retro showcase we get people that actually have mattered.  Not saying no one in nxt doesn't matter. i use them quite alot but i just don't think it warrants a showcase.  if anything for current i would do a nice long 3 part story kinda like WWE12's RTWM was but not as stupid as it was. so you kinda have the future and the present showcased. and maybe with a bunch of branching endings. i think 6 would be suffficient enough.

then add a retro showcase (not attitude era cause i'm even sick of that dead horse being beaten to death) maybe an 03 or 04 showcase or something so we can get a good decent roster selection of people of the past as well.so we'd be able to get 04 taker, 03 taker, shelton benjamin, haas, kurt angle, edge, christian in their primes, retro brock, retro cena, retro orton, wrestling god JBL, APA Faarooq/Bradshaw.. you get the picture.

my point is it just needs to be something for everyone not just appealing to one demographic.

you know i play al eras. wcw, wwf, wwe tna, nxt. i play them all no matter who good, bad, or okay they may be. but i just feel there needs to be a balance.  I couldn't elaborate when i typed that post a few days ago cause i've been dealing with family problems and i was up in the air in a jet on the way home.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Dr.C-Squared said:

Yeah and he is right and I've seen the huge demand for the shirts to go up on the shop. Granted I was one of them. But of course even if they take a while, WWE could if they wanted to approve of them to be in the game.

that's not what i was meaning sorry i got a bit cryptic. i was on a plane.

what i meant was they have to have merchandising contracts that involve video games, dvd video and/or action figures. not the t-shirts. those fall under the standard performer's contracts. WIthout the shirts you have no promotion. without promotion you're just a nobody.

so i can say without a shadow of a doubt right now that for nxt (in game or dlc) this is what iassume.

On-Disc

Authors of Pain (Paul Ellering as manager)

Elias Samson

Mandy Rose

Liv Morgan

Macey Estrella

No Way Jose

Bobby Roode

#DIY

Andrade Cien Almas

Peyton Royce

TM-61

DLC

Sanity (all 4)

Ember Moon

i'm somewhat out of the loop as far as the current nxt roster so i'm going based off of Sanity's debut

i'm sure there might be 2 other people to be DLC but i'm unsure.

are liv morgan, macey, and peyton still on tv? that's what made me add them in cause you gotta have more women for asuka to wrestle.

1 hour ago, Jai said:

it's not about popularity it's about merchandising rights. and i'm not talking about t-shirts and apparel on shopzone.

when i say merchandising contracts i mean the contracts that allows them to be in game form, dvds, action figures and the like.  The T-shirts falls under the standard performance contract.

there's no doubt we get ember in as dlc. as far as Sanity that's a tough one. yes they're popular but sanity debuted in October. there's a slim chance they make it but i think that the NXT cutofs are a bit different than the current wwe roster. and not everyone will make it in. but i'm not 100% against the idea. my thing is with an nxt showcase. people what get mad cause Ho Ho Lun didn't make the game?

atleast with a legend or retro showcase we get people that actually have mattered.  Not saying no one in nxt doesn't matter. i use them quite alot but i just don't think it warrants a showcase.  if anything for current i would do a nice long 3 part story kinda like WWE12's RTWM was but not as stupid as it was. so you kinda have the future and the present showcased. and maybe with a bunch of branching endings. i think 6 would be suffficient enough.

then add a retro showcase (not attitude era cause i'm even sick of that dead horse being beaten to death) maybe an 03 or 04 showcase or something so we can get a good decent roster selection of people of the past as well.so we'd be able to get 04 taker, 03 taker, shelton benjamin, haas, kurt angle, edge, christian in their primes, retro brock, retro cena, retro orton, wrestling god JBL, APA Faarooq/Bradshaw.. you get the picture.

my point is it just needs to be something for everyone not just appealing to one demographic.

you know i play al eras. wcw, wwf, wwe tna, nxt. i play them all no matter who good, bad, or okay they may be. but i just feel there needs to be a balance.  I couldn't elaborate when i typed that post a few days ago cause i've been dealing with family problems and i was up in the air in a jet on the way home.

that's not what i was meaning sorry i got a bit cryptic. i was on a plane.

what i meant was they have to have merchandising contracts that involve video games, dvd video and/or action figures. not the t-shirts. those fall under the standard performer's contracts. WIthout the shirts you have no promotion. without promotion you're just a nobody.

so i can say without a shadow of a doubt right now that for nxt (in game or dlc) this is what iassume.

On-Disc

Authors of Pain (Paul Ellering as manager)

Elias Samson

Mandy Rose

Liv Morgan

Macey Estrella

No Way Jose

Bobby Roode

#DIY

Andrade Cien Almas

Peyton Royce

TM-61

DLC

Sanity (all 4)

Ember Moon

i'm somewhat out of the loop as far as the current nxt roster so i'm going based off of Sanity's debut

i'm sure there might be 2 other people to be DLC but i'm unsure.

are liv morgan, macey, and peyton still on tv? that's what made me add them in cause you gotta have more women for asuka to wrestle.

Ahhh ok that makes more sense. And to answer your question yes Liv, Macey, Peyton and Billie are on TV but I think Macey recently debuted so she has no chance but Billie and Peyton and Liv are the main players that are on WWE TV every week and the Iconic duo as they call themselves are the top heels of the women's division and Liv is kinda one of the top faces even though personally IDK how lol. The Iconic duo do have a shirt they have been wearing on TV for like a couple months now but WWE has yet to approve the shop to release them. So they kinda are somebodies if that is what you mean. So on the term of the duo, you think they have a shot this year? IDK if the duo has said deals as they don't have figures but I am sure they will overtime.

Edited by Dr.C-Squared

31 minutes ago, Dr.C-Squared said:

Ahhh ok that makes more sense. And to answer your question yes Liv, Macey, Peyton and Billie are on TV but I think Macey recently debuted so she has no chance but Billie and Peyton and Liv are the main players that are on WWE TV every week and the Iconic duo as they call themselves are the top heels of the women's division and Liv is kinda one of the top faces even though personally IDK how lol. The Iconic duo do have a shirt they have been wearing on TV for like a couple months now but WWE has yet to approve the shop to release them. So they kinda are somebodies if that is what you mean. So on the term of the duo, you think they have a shot this year? IDK if the duo has said deals as they don't have figures but I am sure they will overtime.

okay yeah the last thing i saw was around october (the Dusty classic, Peyton and Billie mocking that other girl i forget her name since i've only seen her once.

Yeah like i said the way the rule went last year atleast when HHH took over the marketing for the video games was that they have to have a merchandising contract that deals with physical content. games, action figures, those pop up toys or what not and dvd releases. This was why Owen almost made it into 2k16 last year for the showcase cause wwe almost got away with that DVD without Martha knowing about it. once she found out owen was potentially being considered for 2k16 she threw a tantrum and he was removed. it was the same as how daniel got fired right before he was supposed to be in SVR11 as part of the NXT DLC and they removed him at the last moment but his moves were in the game.

so yeah that's why DIY and Bobby roode didn't make it last year.  that's why i was kinda shocked that the 4HW didn't make it in 2k16 but then i realized it must have been just vince being vince and saying no cause he could care less about women's wrestling.

but yeah i'm optimistic for the nxt roster this year. i mean everyone aside from Hideo, Asuka, Blake and Murphy are on the main roster now so it would definitely be plausible for them to add more nxt talent or it'd just be pointless lol.

so yeah i didn't want it to come off that i was some person that just thinks there shouldn't be any nxt content. i mean i welcome the idea of an nxt showcase as long as there are others as well.  Like if they did what they did with the 2k15 dlc and in game showcases and they have a multiple amount of stories to tell i think that'd be great.

i just remembered the other girl i was thinking of was Danielle..

Edited by Jai
  • Like 1

I highly doubt that Lacey Evans would be in the game at all. I'm pretty sure that Elias would be in as DLC, and Ember Moon I'm positive would be in on disc. And also, Samoa Joe debuted May 2015 yet made it in 2K16 as DLC..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tornado_X said:

I highly doubt that Lacey Evans would be in the game at all. I'm pretty sure that Elias would be in as DLC, and Ember Moon I'm positive would be in on disc. And also, Samoa Joe debuted May 2015 yet made it in 2K16 as DLC..

samoa debuted in may but didn't get merchandising rights till June that's why he was dlc and not on disc.

like i said it all comes down to merchandising contracts not performance contracts.

that's why the club was dlc but AJ was on disc.

and also why Roode and DIY didn't make the game at all. they didn't get their merchandising contracts till around July.

June is the contract cutoff for DLC planning.

and you can forget about michael mcgullicutty. that's one person taht wwe refuses to acknowledge. he doesn't even get mentioned as that name when you play as curtis axel in the games. Lawler said "he was a name i refuse to repeat"

so yeah i don't think that would happen or the timeline would go back that far.