WolfgangJT

Should this topic likely be locked./closed now?

15 posts in this topic

Hi Mods,

This topic has been going for over a week now after the creator has announced leaving and taking down all of his creations.  People have had time at this point to express their feelings on the matter, and all have gone with no response at all from the creator to date.  With that said, if his creations no longer exist for people and he lacks care to respond to anyone, should this topic at this point be locked/closed so that it not continuously being bumped for weeks on end for what seems like no care from the OP?

Might want to consider since people have been given long enough to express their thoughts.

I strongly agree, that shits painful to watch. No upside to keeping it open at this point, and you can always just reopen it if he ever comes back anyway.

It should have been closed when he left to be honest. There's not much more anyone can add to the topic if he's not creating anymore.

I agree, but I want to take the moment to remind people that using the report function will be more consistent in getting a response.

As much as I get the point, people should be able to post what and when they want. Especially to thank someone for their work - something that's in short supply around here

Thank you for all your hard work fufu, you're the reason why this site is as good as it is.

I am a bridge over troubled waters

Look at the responses he was getting though. Some were genuine which is great, but it was quickly degrading to "plz come back", and "I just joined the forum to harass you to make caws again, I never cared enough to thank you before, but now that you've taken your work away from us I had to come on here to insincerely thank you and let you know I'm you're biggest fan so you can reupload your work for me!". At this point the topic has just been open too long, besides he already established you can harass him via pm or on PS4, if anyone just wants to thank him they can still do that.

Thus leaving the updated threads to those that are hopefully are creating new work.  I probably wouldn't of locked it if it wasn't getting so many responses even @Sunny it was beating a dead horse.

Keep it open and sticky in it to the top of the section

15 hours ago, Aero said:

Keep it open and sticky in it to the top of the section

that seems counter productive

Welcome to smacktalks

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2017 at 11:00 PM, fufu ÷ said:

As much as I get the point, people should be able to post what and when they want. Especially to thank someone for their work - something that's in short supply around here

To me,  that'd make sense, if his work hadn't been taken down.   Now people are just thanking him for things that are no longer even obtainable....and like HiPcavallo above said,  mainly just begging him to reupload, which he is completely ignoring.   So it's pointless.  

People have shown their appreciation, including myself, which I'm on the opposite console.  But it shouldn't just continually keep getting bumped to the top if he's at a point that he no longer cares to acknowledge the people posting.  This isn't a pitty party board.  No caws....well, makes the topic nothing more than that, regretfully...a pitty party.  Sad to see, but that's how it is.  No different than a person making a topic saying "Hey, I'm here to make CAWs...coming soon", then posting nothing that people could get. 

Edited by WolfgangJT

On 4/14/2017 at 11:00 PM, fufu ÷ said:

not when the person is no longer around and it's been there for a while

It's been locked so this topic can be locked too