DATA EDITOR - importing .team_info to Universe Mode

iamtheVP

Hello,

does anybody know, how to import Tag Team into Universe Mode successfully? I tried various slots (130, 140..) but the team (Gold & Star Dust) doesn't appear in my Universe (neither in save 1, nor save 2).

However, importing into the game itself (say, slot 30) work perfectly fine even with their entrance from 2k15.

Any ideas (@Cave Waverider)? Thanks :)

Edited by iamtheVP

I have no idea. The team infos are there, but apparently there are issues with accessing them or maybe the game uses different ones in memory elsewhere. I don't play Universe mode, so I haven't tested this myself. Not much I can change with the Data Editor, it's more of a matter of the proper memory addresses for each save to be found and various injection tools to be updated, if that's possible.

I'm curious, is it just an issue with adding teams to Universe mode and does replacing universe teams work for you, or doesn't replacing work either?

Yes, just with adding teams to the Universe Mode. As I mentioned, adding stables/teams into the base game works fine :)

I tried replacing tag team (11 - Matadores) in Universe Mode and it still doesn't work unfortunately :( 

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 0:11 AM, iamtheVP said:

Yes, just with adding teams to the Universe Mode. As I mentioned, adding stables/teams into the base game works fine :)

I tried replacing tag team (11 - Matadores) in Universe Mode and it still doesn't work unfortunately :( 

I'm guessing these teams use different memory addresses for different universe saves then. When people figure them out, maybe @TheVisitorX will be able to add functionality to inject them to Custom Character Tools 2017.

Edited by Cave Waverider

I've looked into this a bit. While the Values we use for the Universe Mode .team_info are still there and fixed, but contrary to previous games, the game doesn't actually use them for Universe Mode except for certain template purposes.
Instead, it loads the values from the save on the disk every time.
That by itself wouldn't be a problem. The bad news is that the memory addresses for this appear to be dynamic and different for each game session, thus they can't be hard-coded into injector tools like @TheVisitorXCustom Character Tools 2017, which means the functionality to inject and export them is unlikely to be added unless the tool is expanded to access and manipulate the save game files on the disk directly, which memory injector tools don't normally do or a better solution is found.

Manual extraction/injection is still possible, however, but it isn't exactly convenient as you'll have to find out the new memory addresses every time you restart the game.
What you could do to find them out is Name your team something unique and recognizable in the game, then load the game memory into cheat engine and do a Text search of the memory for that team name. Note the memory offset of the starting letter of the first time the name is mentioned, then subtract 232 decimal (E8 Hexadecimal) to get the starting address of the .team_info of that team in Universe mode. Now you can inject the .team_info file you've modified/edited into this address or export it and load it into the Data Editor for WWE 2k17. Repeat this for other teams.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

This is a shame. I was waiting for a solution to this for a while, hoping really, because I wanted to have all the teams I've been importing also in universe, and correctly... The club, for example... I guess in universe there will be no easy way to have that team.

Understand, that really isn't great news :lol but, the main deal for me is the ported entrance

So if I created a team from scratch in Universe Mode, set all the stuff (trons, animations, music, victory scene etc.), would I be able to manually inject the ported entrance into the right slot?

If so, how can I do it? ;)

EDIT: @Cave Waverider is this even possible? Thanks

Edited by iamtheVP

• 2 weeks later...