Smacktalks

Apply to be a Forum Moderator

176 posts in this topic

We are currently looking to add more Moderators to the forum therefore if you are interested in a Moderator position and would like to help out, please leave a reply below.

Your reply should include:

• Any past Moderator experience
  • The reason you think you should be chosen

Moderator tasks include:

• Editing, Moving and Deleting Topics
  • Dealing with arguments
  • Issuing Warnings
  • Flagging Spam Accounts

Please note this is not a paid position.

I was a moderator for caws.ws on two different occasions. I am active in the 2K17 forums, and I have plenty of afternoons free and some mornings. 

I was never a mod on any other forum but I'm very active on this forum by posting in and creating many topics and I now have most of the week free so I would be able to do the mod duties as mentioned above.

I also recommend you give @Penguin and @HiPcavallo a chance in being a mod

I don't have any past experience being a moderator, but I do think I would be good for the role. I'm an active member and post quite often in different sections most days. I get along with everyone for the most part, but I'd be more than willing to take the initiative to sort out any issues that might arise if I was chosen to be a moderator.

2 hours ago, Steenalizer said:

I don't have any past experience being a moderator, but I do think I would be good for the role. I'm an active member and post quite often in different sections most days. I get along with everyone for the most part, but I'd be more than willing to take the initiative to sort out any issues that might arise if I was chosen to be a moderator.

asslick ;) 

I don't have mod experience but fufu thinks I'll do good, so that's enough for me. Also, me and Joey are the only losers making discussion/news topics.

I'd be up for it. I'd like to think a lot of people here see me as a helpful member as I get PMs every day asking me for advice on stuff, plus disorganisation around the forums gets on my tits. I've also been an admin on a hip hop legends forum in the past that I only stopped because the site closed.

I guess I'll volunteer. Been an admin at Design Core, and mod on a few gfx forums, most notably fringefx where I was on staff from 2012 until the site closed in early 2014 (I even designed new banners, holiday themed makeovers, award icons, and preset avatars for the site. That's actually how I became a purple Rainbow zebra!). Since being a member here I've generally been pretty productive and have gone out of my way to help quite a few members on here, hell I even tried to teach Jeff sarcasm. I think I'd be a good choice because I have all the relevant experience, and I'm here everyday and generally frequent most sections.

Most of the guys who have already applied would be great choices, but if you don't at least choose Penguin then this place is dead to me!

4 hours ago, GameElite™ said:

asslick ;) 

Your mother taught me how. ;)

So you do lick ass then

I don't like such attitude for someone who is trying to become a moderator Steenalizer. Please mature up, thanks.

And Joey if you become a moderator I will post nudes in general chat.

18 minutes ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan™ said:

So you do lick ass then

Only when Mrs. Elite pays me to.

Posted (edited)

I  would be more then happy to  help where ever  needed if  called upon.   As  for  experience   I have  been moderator at one time or another  Including this  very  board  some  4  years  ago  and only stepped  down due to fact it  became a  2 man job and  the mods back then were more concerned with being popular with friends  then putting the greater needs of the membership before that  ignoring their friends  flame baiting and  other handful of  membership choosing not to credit  textures from others nor the time somebody put in to provide them caw preview  screen shots while being unable  to capture  themselves.   I  still do  moderate   for a few different sites as well as  co-founder of  others in a  admin/ owner capacity.  I think there's a  lot of  great guys  here on this forum very passionate about   wanting Smacktalks  to  grow  as  a whole forum  and  many former  members have slowly  found their  way back to  the site.sometimes  that Passion for  wanting better causes heads  to bump but  I  wouldn't  change  any of it as that's what makes this board  what it is  from a member stand point;  and while  you  Paul have   done valiantly   carrying the  weight of  the board  it's become  too much for one main guy to carry on his own  especially with the personal  family  stuff you  had to endure  as was  mentioned before.    It's  time you got the  help  from guys   that  have mod  experience  and mod know how  that will will only strengthen Smacktalks  and  allow  you to  focus  back on other  fun aspects  like perhaps the  updating of  archived  caws from WWE2K17   as well as  more  caw features  etc etc.   I  personally  think a guy like  Hip   would be  good  choice  as  well and enclosing  Best of  Luck to  all  applicants.    

Edited by Cawmunity_cr8on

Penguin, purple zebra and what ever kind of animal that Irish bastard Joey is get my vote.

scraping the bottom of the barrel in the thread so far. RIP smashtalks

Isn't that why you love us me, fufu? :(

13 hours ago, fufu ÷ said:

scraping the bottom of the barrel in the thread so far. RIP smashtalks

Best application so far. The rest of us should all follow fufu's example and play hard to get.

Personally if it were me I'D promote Raza to actual admin as well.

Posted (edited)

On 3/25/2017 at 1:36 AM, Cawmunity_cr8on said:

Personally if it were me I'D promote Raza to actual admin as well.

Chill.... It's the first time he shows up since 2011.

Edited by pozzum

Who the fuck is Raza?

13 minutes ago, HiPcavallo said:

Who the fuck is Raza?

One of the moderators from 2011 who are for some reason still moderators.

Someone this topic is trying to replace.

I vote that Penguin replaces him and takes the admin spot he apparently deserves.

I love how Cawmunity creations is like "aye, give him an admin spot" like how the fuck can you judge who should be an admin? dude literally showed up like 2 months ago and has like 100 posts. How does he even know Raza?

Maybe he knows Raza from a different forum, assumed he was still active, and thought he would be a good candidate for an admin spot? Yea it was a bit silly suggesting promoting someone who hasn't been active for a long time, but at least he's trying to contribute and make suggestions to help benefit the site.