Needing some advices before buying a PC version.

CocoRolled

Hi !

I'm making this thread because i need a lot of help before buying a WWE game on PC. Because of being a student, this means low money. And so I'd like to be SURE of what i want to buy because it's quite special.

I've played ALL the WWE games from SvR 2007 to WWE 2K14. I've stopped to watch in 2014 a few years ago, only focusing on CM Punk, and stopped for good ONCE he left. So now, I've still played the games, and I like to play it. It's special, but I really like the WWE Universe Mode and to do something with that, only imagination. 

But the problem is that I want a special rooster. No too much old legends. For example in WWE 2k14, there was A  HUGE Legend roster, but I used only 4 of them for my Universe mode. Moreover, i've put 16 wrestlers as Inactive... So my roster at the end is REALLY low.

And the recent versions, there'll be TOO much wrestlers that I don't know enough in order to make something nice. So i've seen that modding on PC games were a thing. I want something proper because I'm too bad with CaW's, I want a proper entrance, a proper song, (-trons are not important for me but at least REAL entrance and REAL music is A MUST) so I want to do it as clean as real roster. So modding is my best possibility.

But after, i'd be in A HUGE roster from the past 10/20 years. I'd like to have Bray Wyatt (okay he's in the game) but I need CM Punk, Drew McIntyre (before 3MB), AJ Lee, Layla, Michelle McCool, some old gimmicks for Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and some wrestlers from other feds, but I need a little EVERYTHING, from everywhere. 

So my question is : Do i've LIMITS if I custom WWE 2k17 ? Of course, i've seen that 2k17 is JUST out, so it's quite limited. I don't need it RIGHT now, but in the future, will I be able to edit everything without any problem (Example : For an entrance, having CM Punk heel entrance with Paul Heyman, but WROTE as "CM Punk" and not like "Use Mark Henry entrance to have the CM Punk one" i want something clean as possible) for musics, entrances, wrestlers, using them in Universe etc ?

Or Should I stay with WWE 2K16 ? Or using another game (for that I've even thought to buy WWE RAW on PC, the one from... 2002 I think ?) because I really want to have ONE game and be done "forever" with WWE video game, and stuck to ONE universe mode.

Thank you.

We all have that problem man, it's hard to find special roosters :\

You might be pushing your luck with entrances, depending on who you're after. The rest is doable as far as I'm aware.

I don't get why you have Punk's entrance as Mark Henry? I guess you replaced his 2k15 entrance with Mark Henry's? anyway you can edit the string to fix that and no one will do it for you, you have to do it yourself. As far as having the specific characters you mentioned, barely anyone takes requests, some of those you mentioned are already out and some were never made so don't expect to find everything. If you have 2k16 just stick to it because they are really similar modding wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiPcavallo said:

We all have that problem man, it's hard to find special roosters :\

You might be pushing your luck with entrances, depending on who you're after. The rest is doable as far as I'm aware.

Oh i did that mistake ._. i've tried to take care of this but well. 

I guess. But I mean if there's no moded entrance for the Wrestler, i'll do without. BUT if there's an entrance existing, I want everything complete in fact. But I just want to avoid CaW and "basic shadowman mugshot" I don't know the right word for it (I mean when in universe mode, I want to see the face of the wrestler, not the basic shadow) but i'd like to be able to add A LOT of wrestlers (not that much) with musics etc without any restriction like a maximal number of musics etc or having to delete the orignals ones. That's what I mean

1 hour ago, Auday Elyafe said:

I don't get why you have Punk's entrance as Mark Henry? I guess you replaced his 2k15 entrance with Mark Henry's? anyway you can edit the string to fix that and no one will do it for you, you have to do it yourself. As far as having the specific characters you mentioned, barely anyone takes requests, some of those you mentioned are already out and some were never made so don't expect to find everything. If you have 2k16 just stick to it because they are really similar modding wise. 

Not at all, i never had any PC version or anything. But i've seen on some threads that you had to replace the entrance your want with an existant one. I wanted to avoid that, BUT if I can't, I just would like to be able to have the right name on it. That's why I took the example of Mark Henry. I don't want to see "Mark Henry" entrance if it's CM Punk's one you see. I know it's about strings, I can do it myself, but just want to be sure if it's POSSIBLE. I don't have 2k16 but I don't know which one is better between 2k16 and 2k17 for modding (because the roster I don't care if I just edit it)

38 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

@Red Rooster are you single?

Anyways, if you wanna install mods, get the PC version. Otherwise, if you already have it on console, then don't bother.

Same as first quote answer arg.

Of course, that's why I want to buy the PC version, for being able to mod it and put a roster that suits me better than the actual one haha !

Thanks for your answers !