Main menu animation files list

4 Life

So this is a table of the files that control the animations of the wrestlers as they walk across the main menu screen. Shout-out to @pozzumand @LordJustice17 for pointing some things out to me here. Each file contains an animation is is linked to a pac slot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-3lCEaCpZXFtxTypaQZmfLbGzh30FZl5d5_HWZzxrJ0/edit?usp=sharing

These files are in your WWE 2K17/pac/evt folder. You can delete certain files to get rid of certain wrestlers from the main menu screen. Few things I've noticed:

1) You must have at least 1 animation file in your folder, otherwise crash issues on the menus will develop.

2) The files at the bottom of the list that I've highlighted in grey cannot be your only file in the folder, otherwise the game will crash.

3) The files in the pac/misc/parameter/menu file control the order that the superstars appear in. If you 00 out the hex in these files, then the superstars just appear in the filename order of the animations.

You could possibly use this information to leave one wrestler you don't really need on your roster, then inject an invisible model into them and you'd then have nobody walking around the menu screen :D

• Like 6

@4 Life

Cracked the total removal process (no need for invisible characters):

1) Deleted all but one of the files you listed.

2) Opened the last one with PacEditor/Xpacker.

3) Uncompressed the second SDHC.

4) Zeroed the uncompressed file.

5) Injected it back in.

Edited by LordJustice17
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ss245724691 said:

Hey can is that menu animations are a bik file or just a pac file. means can i conver it to media file and use it ?

They are not bk video files. They animate the actual character models just like in-game.

13 minutes ago, LordJustice17 said:

They are not bk video files. They animate the actual character models just like in-game.

okay

btw can you fix this problem.

On 8.3.2017 at 3:53 AM, LordJustice17 said:

@4 Life

Cracked the total removal process (no need for invisible characters):

1) Deleted all but one of the files you listed.

2) Opened the last one with PacEditor/Xpacker.

3) Uncompressed the second SDHC.

4) Zeroed the uncompressed file.

5) Injected it back in.

Did these steps which results in the game not loading....hanging in black screen.

1 minute ago, Tarnathos said:

Did these steps which results in the game not loading....hanging in black screen.

Make sure you have blanked both caches. And make sure you zeroed the right file. If you zero the wrong one the game will hang on a black screen.

• 5 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Levon_BITW said:

can you add modded characters like Kenny Omega?

I'm not sure if there's another way, but if you inject Omega into one of the slots that has animations, I believe he would show up. You can test by injecting Omega in Brock's ch file

5 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

I'm not sure if there's another way, but if you inject Omega into one of the slots that has animations, I believe he would show up. You can test by injecting Omega in Brock's ch file

i tried already, it didnt work. any other ideas?

2 minutes ago, Levon_BITW said:

not right now. i'd have to experiment with them. hopefully there is a way to get it to work. Kinda want all WWE characters replaced in the end

4 hours ago, laddanator said:

I put my Hogan, in Brock's ch file, and Hogan, shows up on the menu just fine. He is doing Brocks motions, but he is there. 

then i dont know why it wont work for me then

2 hours ago, Levon_BITW said:

then i dont know why it wont work for me then

Did it freeze the game, or did he just not show up?

If it doesn't freeze the game, try and load a match with Brock, and see if he shows up as Omega.

Also, are you renaming the ch file, and also the pach file within it?  They both have to match Lesnar's slot.

20 minutes ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Also, are you renaming the ch file, and also the pach file within it?  They both have to match Lesnar's slot.

so if i understand right, i have to replace Brock with Omega in game for it to work? i cant just replace in the evt folder, i also have to replace in the ch folder.

46 minutes ago, Levon_BITW said:

so if i understand right, i have to replace Brock with Omega in game for it to work? i cant just replace in the evt folder, i also have to replace in the ch folder.

Right now yes.

But maybe we can build on this info and find a way to choose a wrestler in the future.

14 hours ago, Levon_BITW said:

It definitely works. I've replaced Brock with Ken Shamrock, Luke Gallows with Wolfpac Nash, Anderson with Syxx as well as a bunch of attire mods and they all show up. You just have to replace the model and the menu reads the model as it would in a match.

11 minutes ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Right now yes.

But maybe we can build on this info and find a way to choose a wrestler in the future.

I think it's definitely possible. As I said in the first post, the files in the pac/misc/parameter/menu file control the order that the superstars appear in, as if you 00 out the hex in these files, then the superstars just appear in the filename order of the animations files. So they must control the order, if someone was able to decode these and change the IDs that'd be awesome :D You can also see that the animation files have an ID but it's garbled, and I also assume that these animations are linked to the easy entrance animations and a taunt perhaps? I know everyone's always tagging him in threads like this, but  @Perfectplex might possibly be able to shed some light?

Edited by 4 Life
  • Like 1

Just now, Perfectplex said:

btw I'm not ignoring the request for help, im just testing a couple of things then I'll cobble together something you can play with.

Any chance that you could, at some time, explain how you changed those logos(or maybe point to an already made tutorial)?  I would love to switch the WWE one out for one of the classic logos.  Awesome menu btw!