[Updated Tutorial] Resorep Texture Injections/replacers

xevon2

RESOREP  BETA developed By Raywing  the alternative Texmod/umod  texture grabber

guide updated : 3/8/2017

Bug 1.0  - Not the problem with resorep it's how 2k patched their games.

" This content is damaged  save file"  if you use this tool before the update you need to start all over again.

I have some good news and some bad news, let's start with the bad first, if you're game comes from legit save 1.06  before Hall of fame showcase, if you  recently backup files with heap ton of logo. are you ready for it ... Drum roll ... " You seriously need to start all over again included your custom superstar"  this trick still works, Like every 2k update new patch new save file, i'm sad to see my sotaru  retired his career but i'm going to make new guy anyway. i just tested community creation as well, it does not conflict with the new save How you doin', you know what this means right  yeap this trick finally finished testing.  

i don't like to bump post on this one sorry if this one thread is too big is because i don't like posting half ass content that waste your time so i make this whole thing just to preview tools i use to mod my own wrestler.

he Discovery was the most intricate, complex machine man has ever built. It's a testament to our time. John Glenn

if you had any suggestion or feedback sent one to raywing to make this tool happened when it comes to modding community its not " I" its "We" a team effort, if everybody works together we all can enjoy tools that were provided by developer like this.

Acknowledgement

so i decided to actually just scratch off the original  half-assed tutorial  i know i been reading your suggestion and finally i wrote my entire stuff down and just scratch off original lazy thread and make a big one, this was big for me when i discovered this, and i mean no one  really know this trick until i found it first in few months ago. first game i actually tried out when resorep barely  useable on Tomb raider 2013. alpha version was seriously messed up, until ray wing  updated resorep man it was just "Too sweet" quote the bullet club.   I took serious reconsideration on Kim's Comments that this tutorial showed a lot of potential but it felt half assed and should re-done in a proper way, sorry my grammar is a bit off when I made this so I edit couple of times and think what to write on  tutorial like this.  it is a big discovery for new modders that wanted a different alternative other then x-packer although I  would recommended that everyone still use that for porting wrestlers  and try to mix with this tool as  to update the texture easily without  doing tedious work back and forth.

RESOREP GLOSSARY OF DISCOVERED FEATURES

WWE2k17 and past games

• -   replace inject offline logo
  • -  replace default superstar render/  create a super star render (Still in testing but i don't know if it actually work on cas part, but it does owrk on default superstar renders)
  • -   grabbed custom arena textures
  • -   (test phase ) Minitron it was able to grabbed one texture but i don't know how to make a custom titantron just textures maybe someone can make ideal tutorial about this.
  • -  superstar/diva body heads every textures yes you can change those too...
  • - it works on  past games as well 2k16-2k15 but limitation on custom logo does not work on those games
  •  - it works on other games such as " Batman arkham knight, rise of tomb raider , tomb raider 2013  and certain older games "
  •  - it works on WWE RAW as well but its seriously quite pointless because wwe raw and heap ton of tools you don't need this
  • - Works on face photo but does not duplicate like Logo injections

Knowing Limitations

• - This tool does not i repeat does not work well with some games that has encryption on DRM it grabbed some of the textures but some of them just blank.
  • - This tool does not  have the exact same size as the original WWE2k17 acquired sizes like 1024x1024 it will sized them back 512x512, so if you like me that matters the size for quality you have to just live with it until ray wing update this.
  • - This tool Is still on Beta phase so you got the  idea, don't shoot this thread because its still new we all need to work together this one ,this is as close as it gets that we dream 2k have  its own Creation kit.

Required tools

1. dds plugin you can get one via https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop
  2. dds intel texture plugin ( Recommended ) via https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin
  3. Photoshop  or any Paint Application of your choosing
  4. Java Download see all platforms on windows operating system only  via https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
  5. All Required VC redist installed and make sure you have at least net framework 4.5 or above  it's not really needed but just make sure  when application fails install this if you cant launch it
  6. getting resorep visit undertow  and use this link  register is required but you don't need to do anything really the tool is free https://www.undertow.club/downloads/resorep.1254/

Steps how to use resorep

1. After you install acquired Java application to appropriate 64bit or 32bit machine launch resorep  when you install java application properly it will work.

2. Setting up the game just simply by pressing " + " to game folder which is in this case steam/steamapps/common/WWE2k17

3. once there go in window mode to see if the java grabbed the texture from the game, if it does not grab the texture make sure you ticked  "Save original texture to:" you

can set custom folder on that  but i preffered original directory, if it works first thing you see on that folder via " Original"  folder check if you see this

DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_UNORM <-- this if  the tool grabbed the texture it will create automatically.

4. once resorep loaded everything  check those DXDGI folder where the game  stored all those  texture file info and use the exact id,ill show you the video way down there.

5. Do not use the default nvidia DDS tool its sucks, use dds intel texture plugin  this plugin is simplified and easy to use converting png to DDS format

Any Question or answers, i will answer them best of my abilities and understand above all i'm still testing resorep if its good to go then ray wing seriously hit all the spot on modding community.

VIDEO Tutorial on how to inject LOGO OFFLINE using resorep

i know its not perfect but  at least gave full effort on this one

List of supported games *Mod Watch that I tested personally on resorep.*update

WWE 2k15  - no custom logos but you can replace default asset on CAS , somehow  it  almost convert possible  CAS asset  from  skin texture so far idk how 2k15 works on texture management.

WWE 2k16 - same as above 

WWE RAW - quite pointless but still  its fun to mess around lol

Grand theft Auto 5  - Well if you aren't really up to use OpenIV and messed up entire game just to replace the texture this 20% works almost some part of the game usually on cars.

Need for speed series - Some might work some aren't but I just got lucky on 32 bit because I run 64bit machine  i'm able to replace default asset, i'd say all nfs series have 50% chance

to grab textures.

PCX II emulator - Still on testing phase, because there's already tool for various games on SVR and FPRW (fire pro wrestling returns) I was  testing it three days ago man that was not fun

it's tedious but it does manage to grab texture a little still need work on that

Dolphin emulator - WWE 13 and other games Quite pointless because dolphin emulator have built in texmod we don't need this again I was quite the explorer lol.

Resident Evil Games - Yeap works almost all of them, Quite pointless on RE7. with provided tools  on Older resident evil that lets you edit obj files it's not much really

God eater burst resurrection/God eater II - Yeap  going along famously on this one

Dynasty warriors Empires XL/EMpires series - TBH

Resorep

in action this are pure Resorep Test   without the use of 2k logo uploader.

Edited by xevon2
updating posts
  • Like 4

Thats a pretty cool discovery. Can you please dump some ingame renders? I want to know how the tool names them.

23 minutes ago, Raheem Baksh said:

can you pass direct link that links shows "download not available"

You just need to create an account there to access the tool.

13 hours ago, kim666 said:

Thats a pretty cool discovery. Can you please dump some ingame renders? I want to know how the tool names them.

You just need to create an account there to access the tool.

i got that thanks for reply :)

5 hours ago, anonx1987 said:

Not much of a tutorial. I did manage to get it to work with some tinkering though.

You can also use this to rip texture out of the games?

Yes  WWE 2k16 works as well, but it doesn't  work on custom logo i already tried it, but you can replace  All the default texture that was in game  i found almost over 100k texture in one game now if they say yukes lazy show them this.   it will grabbed even the alpha's so you can use to edit obj files from X-packer seriously easy, its 2003 all over again ;p

Games i tested so far

" This is why i have no time to actually do for smacktalk i just  release this tutorial because that i want to save people's time and effort just too make mods for their own game or release it here"

WWE 2k16 - check texture able to grabbed everything

WWE 2k15 -  Same as above

Batman Arkham knight

Tomb raider/Rise/2003

Payday 2

nba 2k17 -2k14 older games  below that require some  tedious work to see the size

32 bit games just use texmod, this java app still beta so you get the idea.

Q and a

Q: Thats a pretty cool discovery. Can you please dump some ingame renders? I want to know how the tool names them.

A: I can  there's reason why i don't really have the time to do it, the game stored 100 renders from original roster and other 10 renders from DLC content sooooo many textures in just one game... but yeah you can do it if i can anybody can actually just mod entire game easily without any frills.

Q: can you pass direct link that links shows "download not available"?

A: The site needs to register it wont block your ip to register it, its small anyway.

Q: Not much of a tutorial. I did manage to get it to work with some tinkering though.

A: i was really tired when i made this tool, i'm still  in a test phase when i made this video. i'm glad you figured it out tho.

Edited by xevon2

8 minutes ago, kim666 said:

You should rename this thread, you can dump and replace every texture in the Game with this tool. 

It's lame to use it just for stupid Logos. 

i would reconsider renaming the thread,  If  its just stupid for logos then tell people on 2k forums that had been asked tool like this. again  the thread

[TOOL] offline Custom Logo/replacing face photo video tutorial included <-

i'm not really the brightest when it comes renaming thread but refrain what you said judging someone's else thread when  that person does an effort just share stuff, be glad someone share things.  thanks for the kind words tho :p

most people got banned for no reason  by just simply make CAS/CAW they like i made this tutorial   for those people they asked if there is alternative tool for that i found this. it took me overnight to understand this tool without people teaching me how to use this.
Edited by xevon2

Don't get me wrong. This tool is a big discovery, it makes texture modding much easier and noob friendly.

But when people see the thread name they think its just a Logo tool. But this tool can do so much more. 

Just now, kim666 said:

Don't get me wrong. This tool is a big discovery, it makes texture modding much easier and noob friendly.

But when people see the thread name they think its just a Logo tool. But this tool can do so much more. 

A: Yeap it is a big deal, when an  pseudo SDK that almost felt like an sdk to grabbed any textures from the game its so easy you dont have to do anything just 

need some patients and time to work it.

Q: But when people see the thread name they think its just a Logo tool. But this tool can do so much more. 

A: there's reason why i don't really post other feature, because this tool as you said easy. i want other modders  to really work this so i can sent feedback on raywing that's the whole purpose on this thread,  its not fun when you just spoil the surprise  aint it :P.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anonx1987 said:

has either one of you manage to get this to work with reshade/sweetfx .dll? cause i want my game to look pretty :)

no unfortunately resorep does not work well with other application believe me i tested with  sweetfx and it crashed my game to a point it refused to work lol.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:21 AM, kaa992 said:

I cant get this to work. I tried to update java, c++ but the textures wont export.

Solution

1.  uninstall all current java versions

2. see if you had all VC redist year  2005 -  2015 (not really needed  just in case if you think this the cause of that java app didn't work install it anyway)

3. Make sure to update direct x to latest  (mandatory)

4. check required os  i tested this on windows 7 it does not really work well with even on 64bit version, make-sure your os either 10 or 8.1

5.  check your machine if your running   32 bit  PC. download java 32 bit application on here https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

if you have 64 bit ( recommended )   then install 64bit java do not install automatically this software is needy on that part.

6. Make sure your target Steam/steamapps/common/WWE2k17 and labeled it 64bit by hitting the button "+" do not drag any dlls from main folder

it will create  those DLL for you.

7.  load the game and the first thing you will see  the folder grabbed  load from resorep  "DXGI_FORMAT_BC1_UNORM" if its there that means you managed to get the java

app working

8. if above step do not work as well then i don't know how to help you i already listed 7 steps on this one.

Extra tip

1. If you recently reinstalled java on appropriate bits 32/64 restart your pc and launch resorep.

2. Tick "Save texture to" targeted folder and check " original" all listed files in there.

Edited by xevon2

• 3 weeks later...

mate when i put the path to the game it dont let me put the folder as a directory i have to put the executable of the game. and if i put the exe, it dont let me open the game.. it says error, "the aplication dot run (0xc00000142)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...