Face Textures / Tips & How To's

eplate2

I want to start trying to teach myself how to use face textures and create my own caws within wwe 2k17 but I am having so much trouble finding good face photos online to use for face textures. Can someone please explain where the best place to find high definition or high quality face photos of classic wrestlers could be? I know some of my list below has wrestlers that will be tough to find but I'd like to contribute to the caw community somehow with these wrestlers and I need to learn. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated

is there an archive for face textures that maybe somebody has posted in the past?

Classic Wrestlers:

Yokozuna
Demolition Ax 
Demolition Smash
Honky Tonk Man
Junkyard Dog
Doink the Clown
One Man Gang
The Berzerker 
Iron Sheik
Chief Jay Strongbow 
2 Cold Scorpio
The Warlord
Koko B Ware
Jerry The King Lawler
Rick martel 
Duke "The Dumpster" Droese

WWF:

Farooq
Dlo Brown 
Savio Vega
Ahmed Johnson 
Chainz (Brian Lee)
Droz
Val Venis 
Ken Shamrock
Steve Blackman
Hardcore Holly
Phineas Godwinn 
Henry O. Godwinn 
Thrasher
Mosh
Hardy Bros Jeff Hardy
Hardy Bros Matt Hardy
Scotty 2 Hotty
Grandmaster Sexay
Test
Marc Mero
X-Pac 
Blackjack Bradshaw
Blackjack Windham
Dr Death
Jeff Jarrett 

ECW:

Jerry Lynn
Little Guido
Balls Mahoney
Al Snow
Taz
Johnny Grunge
Rocco Rock
Super Nova
Danny Doring
Roadkill
Axl Rotten 
Taka Michinoku 
Masato Tanaka
Mustafa Saed
Gary Wolfe (pitbull #1)
Anthony Durante (pitbull #2)
Kid Kash
Tracy Smothers (FBI)

WCW:

Konnan 
Dean Malenko 
Chris Benoit
Buff Bagwell
Jerry Sags
Brian Knobbs
Saturn
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner (really only need a moveset)
Glacier
Wrath
Meng
Disco Inferno
Mortis
Avalanche 
Barbarian
stevie ray 
Ultimo Dragon
Scotty Riggs
Steve McMichael

Edited by eplate2

psd-dreams.de and the wwe.com superstars section are my go to for already cut out wrestling images, if I can't find them there then it's a long google session. There are two addition techniques I tend to have to use, I'm often forced to stitch a face together by duplicating the image, flipping it horizontal, lining the nose up in the center then using a layer mask to blend it all together, or if its a person a with a really narrow head or a very pronounced jaw line, I'll end up using the clone stamp tool to extend the face so it blends in with the caw skin. Also, when it comes to face textures the key to a nice blend is to avoid having any background elements, so if it wasn't already pre-cut, cut it out yourself in PS.

Here are some examples

1. Roddy Strong stitched via flip and layer mask 

2. Kairi Hojo Clone stamp to extend facial region

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Apost Khan said:

psd-dreams.de and the wwe.com superstars section are my go to for already cut out wrestling images, if I can't find them there then it's a long google session. There are two addition techniques I tend to have to use, I'm often forced to stitch a face together by duplicating the image, flipping it horizontal, lining the nose up in the center then using a layer mask to blend it all together, or if its a person a with a really narrow head or a very pronounced jaw line, I'll end up using the clone stamp tool to extend the face so it blends in with the caw skin. Also, when it comes to face textures the key to a nice blend is to avoid having any background elements, so if it wasn't already pre-cut, cut it out yourself in PS.

Here are some examples

thanks for the excellent advice - yeah i need to really learn the face tool as even with decent textures, I can't seem to get them to look human haha but i will work on it and teach myself

7 hours ago, Apost Khan said:

Here are some examples

Man
That psd-dream site is really great
Thanks for sharing

• 4 weeks later...

You'll have to download by game if you do it that way. I have put a collection of my own together though, and I'm all for sharing so if you need textures just ask. I don't crop or edit them, but it might help. I know for sure that I have most of your list, but since it would take awhile to upload them all, and I do get other requests, I'd appreciate patience. I could probably get some up for you by tomorrow if you want? I have textures for people from the following games:

• AAA Lucha Libre
  • Day of Reckoning 2
  • TNA Impact!
  • Wrestle Kingdom
  • SvR 2006
  • SvR 2007
  • SvR 2008
  • SvR 2009
  • SvR 2010
  • SvR 2011
  • WWE '12
  • WWE '13
  • 2K14
  • 2K15
  • 2K16
  • 2K17

Google  searches ,   many friends  have  various  texture packs  they extracted from previous games that have been exchanged.  As far as  regular  face photos  go I've found that if you size them to   252 x 254 pixel  they typically match up to the face photo template real nice.

there's  also this  thread  here:

Edited by Cawmunity_cr8on