Is there anyone out there that is able to convert PS4 CAWs to the PC?

LeeLee94

Hey!

As the title states, is there any person out there that is able to convert the CAWs that are currently on PS4 to PC? Is this even possible at all?

I was browsing the in-game community creations on PC and noticed its a bit lackluster... Now, I bought 2K16 relatively late into its life cycle last year and so when I went to look at all the community creations I was blown away with just how much content was on there! Fast forward to now and I just recently looked at the CC for the first time and as previously mentioned, there isn't a whole lot of options available yet. As you'd expect there are plenty of CM Punks to choose from, along with the standard others such as Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy and so on and while those are good in there own right, it just feels as though there are many other wrestlers from promotions such as New Japan, RoH and Impact Wrestling are missing. Hell even wrestlers from the likes of ICW or WCPW was in 2K16 so I fully expect it to be in 2K17 at some point too!

I know I am basically on here just asking for stuff like a spoiled brat, and as a new user, I can only imagine the mods are all to used to handling naggy new users such as myself from demanding stuff but is this really out of the realm of possibility? Users such as Defract on the PS4 have made absolutely killer stuff already! I'd love to be able to use his content on the PC as long as he'd be willing to allow us to use it of course.

I'll stop here as this post is getting a bit rambly for what it is but hopefully you get the idea, so, is what I am asking for possible at all?

TL; DR - PC community creations lack content just now, could us PC gamer's perhaps get content on our system quicker by converting the already awesome stuff that the PS4/Xbox One creators have made? 

P.S. - Forgive me if this has been asked before but I am new around here, I tried to do a bit of snooping around to see if it had been asked before but couldn't find any answers.

P.P.S. - Sorry if this is in the wrong place to ask!

Hell yeah it's possible! You would need permission from the original creator, & their logos. Anyone can really do this though. It's easy. You would have to copy down the formula and provide references for gear. And I know the face morph seems harder to work with because of the scan, but it really isn't. Here's an example:

Default Face
Def_zpsziutyevu.png

CaW Face
Def2_zpsof1bibgp.png

Combined
Untitled_zps6zucthxy.png

Just make the colors contrasting, & the CaW's scan background transparent. Be sure to have the exact dimensions so they are accurate. Here's an easy idea for references:

Ex_zpsl5syekmx.png

Then it's as easy as placing logos, and inputting formulas. This is a more exact approach, but people could always bs it if they were lazy, or more skilled. I'd suggest fine detail. Remember to check materials of clothing/logos.Check if they have transparency, or outlines/shadows as well. After lining up the face details in the scan, just default the face morph out for an easier time.

• This is just a theory of mine, but it should work. Values could be different like a jaw depth of 87 on PC could be different than PS4.

6 hours ago, RaVeN_1515 said:

Hell yeah it's possible! You would need permission from the original creator, & their logos. Anyone can really do this though. It's easy. You would have to copy down the formula and provide references for gear. And I know the face morph seems harder to work with because of the scan, but it really isn't. Here's an example:

Default Face
Def_zpsziutyevu.png

CaW Face
Def2_zpsof1bibgp.png

Combined
Untitled_zps6zucthxy.png

Just make the colors contrasting, & the CaW's scan background transparent. Be sure to have the exact dimensions so they are accurate. Here's an easy idea for references:

Ex_zpsl5syekmx.png

Then it's as easy as placing logos, and inputting formulas. This is a more exact approach, but people could always bs it if they were lazy, or more skilled. I'd suggest fine detail. Remember to check materials of clothing/logos.Check if they have transparency, or outlines/shadows as well. After lining up the face details in the scan, just default the face morph out for an easier time.

• This is just a theory of mine, but it should work. Values could be different like a jaw depth of 87 on PC could be different than PS4.

Hey there!

Thanks for the response, I'll see if I can ask Defract if he would be so kind to give me his logs/face scans etc. I'll make another thread with an update if I get anywhere! :)

Raven Yep I know its possible to convert in fact I think its easier with the dots more than ever

I managed to convert Wolfies batista facially pics soon and obviously converted RVD from Xbox the collab with Kung Fu

nobody cares. this is about bringing indy caws to PC, not Bhangra Man's creations.

that said, another thing you can do, is learn to do textures. Raven has a good texture guide here. It's actually not all that difficult, once you do some practice. Could help for the guys who wont get made(like a Johnny Moss)

I'd love this to happen, quality CAW's are a little thin on the ground at the moment for the PC version and I'd like to fill my NJPW/ROH rosters. 

Also, is there a link to Ravens texture tutorial? 

Here ya go. It needs updated, but maybe it'll help. I'll try to work on it soon. I'm just trying to balance this, a texture encyclopedia, requests, and my own creations. I have 2 kids and they'll always come first, so it takes time, but I'm trying to build tools that will help for future games as well.

And thanks Bhangra! Happy to know it's possible. Maybe I can add that to the tutorial.

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest a new thread where members can post pictures of the scans. All the PC side has to do is input formulas that way. I just don't know how many people are willing to get the scan and formulas together. Not to mention alot of people have textures they really don't wanna let go of.