Replacing Renders Without X-PacKer: 2K17 Edition

Perfectplex

4 minutes ago, Perfectplex said:

Yeah crashing for me too, it seemed fine just looking at it, it extracted with xpacker fine, ID was correct, header and footer was there.

I did notice you had used what appears to be an A type though (stretched vertically) but that wouldn't have caused the problem anyway.

Anyway I reopened the image in paint and resaved it, readded the header and footer and it works fine, maybe you had the settings incorrect in paint dot net when you saved?

https://expirebox.com/download/24f12b0a80e45e00f834785faf3f671d.html

my setting was correct

2 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Crashing for me too unfortunately. The render isn't showing up at all on the selection screen and then of course when I try and start a match the game crashes. Just used the same settings in paint.net that I've used for other renders I've put into the game via X-Packer and the same ones you've suggested above.

I'm also guessing you guys know the procedure for nulling out the values in the ltag file for @TheVisitorXto be able to get this working a a program?

You mean you have the same issue when you tried to follow the guide of your render crashing?

You don't have to null out anything btw, test them with the original files removed so they don't clash or pop them in the main ssface folder and I've found the new renders take over but its inadvisable because doing this last year caused clashes.

9324076df2125cc5d97c76b9f067f1f2.png

9e5574294ccad4184dd45267ab4bd0b6.jpg

83cb24eda352f3abbd6250152d168939.jpg

4 minutes ago, Perfectplex said:

You mean you have the same issue when you tried to follow the guide of your render crashing?

You don't have to null out anything btw, test them with the original files removed so they don't clash or pop them in the main ssface folder and I've found the new renders take over but its inadvisable because doing this last year caused clashes.

9324076df2125cc5d97c76b9f067f1f2.png

9e5574294ccad4184dd45267ab4bd0b6.jpg

83cb24eda352f3abbd6250152d168939.jpg

Yeah I was a bit rusty so I followed the tutorial to a tee, totally removed the ltag files. So no idea why it's not loading the render and then crashing.

Yeah I remember last year that was happening, so you found that if you null the ID in the ltag file then it'll have nothing to revert to other than your new pac, but obviously this year the file is encrypted. As I said though I think Visitor found a way around it this year.

Edited by 4 Life

Don't really know where its going wrong for folks.

Just downloaded my own file to ensure that wasn't corrupted, extracted the header and footer.

Grabbed Braun Strowmans image, resized it on paint and saved as .dds with the settings.

19b58f9b1854534852801d8da6eb10ab.png

Opened up the dds, header and footer in hexedit, stuck them together and put his ID in and saved as Braun Strowman B.pac, CLOSED HEXEDIT and put it in the folder.

Had to remove the original ltag_typeb.pac file because it was loading his original render instead but once I removed that and reloaded it.

f2dca64d94d07c7e634fd5e9223c729f.png

Edited by Perfectplex

3 minutes ago, Perfectplex said:

Don't really know where its going wrong for folks.

Just downloaded my own file to ensure that wasn't corrupted, extracted the header and footer.

Grabbed Braun Strowmans image, resized it on paint and saved as .dds with the settings.

19b58f9b1854534852801d8da6eb10ab.png

Opened up the dds, header and footer in hexedit, stuck them together and put his ID in and saved as Braun Strowman.pac, CLOSED HEXEDIT and put it in the folder.

Had to remove the original ltag_typeb.pac file because it was loading his original render instead but once I removed that and reloaded it.

f2dca64d94d07c7e634fd5e9223c729f.png

hmmm i testing again

Edit:Faced A Crash Again

Edited by I CAN I WILL

Could you try a fresh blank cache file see if that fixes it?!

I'm baffled as to what would be causing the issue.

Even better if possible could you record the process, no audio needed, low resolution is fine, I believe you're doing it right but if I see it on video I may spot the issue.

1 minute ago, Perfectplex said:

damn, thought we'd found the issue there lol, oh well it gives you a chance to test your video upload ready for a fresh batch of tutorials :p

i think its dds sizes

7 minutes ago, I CAN I WILL said:

i think its dds sizes

Can safely say it's nothing to do with the images themselves. I had an Edge and Booker T render that I made and got working fine with X-Packer. Tried those very same DDS images, copied the header hex at the top of it and the footer hex at the end of it, then changed the ID on line 800 as usual. Saved as EdgeB.pac, into the typeb folder, with the ltag_typeb.pac removed. Getting the same issue, no render appearing at all and won't load when I try and start a match.

Edited by 4 Life

OK going to try a completely different png file size to see if that is the issue.

1 minute ago, 4 Life said:

Can safely say it's nothing to do with the images themselves. I had an Edge and Booker T render that I made and got working fine with X-Packer. Tried those very same DDS images, copied the header hex at the top of it and the footer hex at the end of it, as usual. Saved as EdgeB.pac, into the typeb folder, with the ltag_typeb.pac removed. Getting the same issue, no render appearing at all and won't load when I try and start a match.

did you do the ID at line 800?

1 minute ago, f67mikaa said:

Hello ^^

I am french so i don't understand the full tutorial :$ You must to do a video on YouTube :D 

i will do like last year but i have to understand it forst

I did, I can't see anything you're doing wrong.

Try this.

Make a folder on desktop, put the header and footer file in that folder, put your png file in there. open your png file from that folder into paint.net, save back into that folder as 001.dds with the settings.

open up hex editor and paste them together, change the ID at line 800 manually (dont copy paste) ensuring it is overwriting not inserting.

Save into that folder as test.pac

Drag that test.pac file to the ltag_typeb folder (make sure there are no other files in there).

Then report back, it probably wont work but this is a headscratcher and anything is worth a shot now.

2 minutes ago, Perfectplex said:

I did, I can't see anything you're doing wrong.

Try this.

Make a folder on desktop, put the header and footer file in that folder, put your png file in there. open your png file from that folder into paint.net, save back into that folder as 001.dds with the settings.

open up hex editor and paste them together, change the ID at line 800 manually (dont copy paste) ensuring it is overwriting not inserting.

Save into that folder as test.pac

Drag that test.pac file to the ltag_typeb folder (make sure there are no other files in there).

Then report back, it probably wont work but this is a headscratcher and anything is worth a shot now.

i did that too