Replacing Renders Without X-PacKer: 2K17 Edition

Perfectplex

2 hours ago, costaskk said:

Hey there, great tutorial, a question though, is there any way to add renders instead of replacing, so that we can add renders for ported superstars?

Been trying to figure that out since 2k15.

Renders and name announce seem to be slot assigned.

Edited by G3N0M3

2 hours ago, 4 Life said:

Anyone had any luck getting the type Cs to work? I've not had any luck so far, crashes on the match-loading screen. Loads fine if I remove the file from the type C folder.

Does not crash here with cct but render wasn't used. Even with the new render it still shows the black dummy. 

Off topic on topic I guess. I don't have 2K17 for PC yet, but I do have it for the PS4. Only played it once before Christmas. I just stuck the game in, and see they used "Animated renders" instead of real photo renders. That kinda sucks! Lol 

Edited by laddanator

Used HxD to create the file, game crashed. I know HexEdit should be use. I tried to inject the newly created render file into the b pack with X-Packer, but get an error the filesize must be the same size.

I think I have a crash fix for type B.

It never made any sense that it was associated to HxD.

Saving the DDS with "No MIP maps" creates a smaller file thus no crash.

BUT

I am having issues with TypeA's not showing up in the loading screen and not sure if that is associated to MIP maps or I may have missed a step.

TypeA only appears in the in-match pause screen for me. I get the generic superstar in the loading screen.

h8W0hmE.png

• Like 1

Many fixes and improvements made to the render lists and preview.

I don't know why some report crashing, changing a render wouldn't result in a crash, it would simply be invisible or if the ID was accidentally using someone elses be the wrong image.

2 hours ago, Dr.Schwarz said:

Please Vidio tutorials can be done or not! From your skrinschot did not understand anything

No, I don't do videos, you are best to ask @I CAN I WILL as he likes making tutorial videos but he appears to be having issues too.

Best to wait for the tool to be available if it doesn't work, I have no explanation as to why it wouldn't work if you followed the guide to a T and using the official Steam version and replaced your chunk_cache.bin and chunk_cache2.bin files with dummy files (required for all mods).

On 05/03/2017 at 5:21 PM, G3N0M3 said:

I think I have a crash fix for type B.

It never made any sense that it was associated to HxD.

Saving the DDS with "No MIP maps" creates a smaller file thus no crash.

BUT

I am having issues with TypeA's not showing up in the loading screen and not sure if that is associated to MIP maps or I may have missed a step.

TypeA only appears in the in-match pause screen for me. I get the generic superstar in the loading screen.

h8W0hmE.png

I always saved with no MIP maps anyways but I still got the issue in HxD. Anyways, the render injector tool is well underway so not really gonna matter soonish.

Oh, and the renders in the pause screen are the type B's ;)

A little late here xD but i try with the HexEdit 4.0, unclear the "insert option" with right click and it works. I know CCT does it smooth but, just to let you know that it works with your way too @Perfectplex

update: nah, false alarm, when i try to add another render then starts the random issues, so forget about it go foward with cct.

Edited by hhhgames

• 2 months later...

can i have the normal renders and injected/replaced renders at the same time instead of only having the injected/replaced?

i replaced alberto del rio and it works but when i pop the itag_typeb in a zip file the original renders disappear and only the replaced are visible. 

Edited by MzOkD

I would advise you use Custom Character Tools which allows for a simpler method of installing renders.

I only make these threads as a work around until a tool makes the job easier for folks.

• 1 year later...

i have installed hollywood hogan, r+y hulk hogan, and cm punk, and was injecting the renders using character creation tool, i got hollywood looking perfect however hulk and cm punk renders are both hollywoods, and ive put the default placeholder "dummy" ones are cm punk and hogan now, i need to know how to get a render of the dummys and figure out how to properly inject punk and hogans renders, there ch position is 508 and 463 i believe. can someone please help me, if i get it figured out im going to uninstall 15 so i can free up disk space.  please and thanks2jeusfd.jpg