WWE2K17 PC FPS Problem

thebizarreone

Oh, I thought you weren't reaching steady 30 fps. The entrances and cutscenes are hard locked for the extra physics effects are tied to the 30 fps framerate, which is a common malpractice among console programmers. Even if you got the framerate unlocked somehow, the physics would likely start to go bonkers above 30 fps. The engine just cant handle it properly. 

It would really be nice if 2k took a couple of years to develop a wrestling game with a modern engine from scratch.

Edited by Cave Waverider

29 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Oh, I thought you weren't reaching steady 30 fps. The entrances and cutscenes are hard locked for the extra physics effects are tied to the 39 fps framerate, which is a common malpractice among console programmers. Even if you got the framerate unlocked somehow, the physics would likely start to go bonkers above 30 fps. The engine just cant handle it properly. 

Oh, I thought there was a solution, sorry to hear that.

5 hours ago, anonx1987 said:

this help me greatly in wwe 2k16 and since 2k17 is the same engine it might work. try it out mannn

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1869396-Framerate-Fix-Side-Effects-Unknown

Oh man, thanks a lot! I was starting to give up on this issue, I started using CE for the speed hack and stuff like that, when i only needed to change the config file to 60/60 and put it has read only. Worked wonders for me. My pc ran 2k16 just fine and i was so pissed that all of the sudden 2k17 was slow as a snail while on gameplay. The entrances and other cutscenes i can understand but not the damn gameplay.

1 hour ago, thebizarreone said:

Unluckily, this didn't work either man...  Thank you for your help anyway.

this only fix low framerate on Camera Cuts/Ringside Camera cuts/multiman matches. it will never fix entrance because those are fixed at 30fps (probably because titan/wall/mini tron are all fps videos)

8 hours ago, anonx1987 said:

this only fix low framerate on Camera Cuts/Ringside Camera cuts/multiman matches. it will never fix entrance because those are fixed at 30fps (probably because titan/wall/mini tron are all fps videos)

It fixed Camera Cuts but this time the fps in the game fell.

12 minutes ago, thebizarreone said:

It fixed Camera Cuts but this time the fps in the game fell.

no idea whats wrong on your end then. You technically have an equal graphic card to mine (i have an AMD R9 380 4GB and its not a laptop). Have you make sure WWE 2K17 is using the 970M and not your laptop intergrated graphic?

in my config file i also disable DOF, crowd tesselation, and motion blur. everything else is max and at 1920x1080.

also maybe update your driver?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, anonx1987 said:

no idea whats wrong on your end then. You technically have an equal graphic card to mine (i have an AMD R9 380 4GB and its not a laptop). Have you make sure WWE 2K17 is using the 970M and not your laptop intergrated graphic?

in my config file i also disable DOF, crowd tesselation, and motion blur. everything else is max and at 1920x1080.

also maybe update your driver?

Yes, game using 970M and driver is updated. Disabling DOF,crowd tesselation and motion blur didn't help either. Thanks very much for your interest man.

5 hours ago, fatpapas said:

Well, I said it worked, and it did, but today it was slow again. This game needs an urgent patch. I think they rushed the PC release

If it worked for a while then it's probably your system acting up. Maybe your memory is getting full or some power management kicks in or perhaps it throttles due to overheating. Make sure to set Windows power options to maximum performance and see if that helps.

10 hours ago, fatpapas said:

Well, I said it worked, and it did, but today it was slow again. This game needs an urgent patch. I think they rushed the PC release

some people on reddit reported that the new HoF DLC cause frame rate issues again. have you set the config file to read-only?

12 hours ago, anonx1987 said:

some people on reddit reported that the new HoF DLC cause frame rate issues again. have you set the config file to read-only?

Yes, this what i have on the config file

[advanced]
FXAA = off
MSAA = off
vsync = off

[quality]
audience_density = 30
audience_tessellation = off
depth_of_field = off
motion_blur = off
shadows = off
simple_lighting = on
texture_quality = 0

[rate]
denominator = 60
numerator = 60

[resolution]
height = 768
width = 1360
window_height = 768
window_width = 1280

[window]
windowed = yes

Ok, a little update. I managed to put it to work well, so I'm enjoying the game like I wanted to, but I discovered what was lagging the matches. The custom arenas, yep, that's right, custom arenas. So i was testing settings with exhibition matches, and it worked fine, but when i went to my universe mode, the matches were so damn laggy and so i changed the arenas to the old RAW and SmackDown arenas and it worked! No lag at all. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 6 man matches (BR, HiC etc) all work without lag.

• 3 years later...

Rahulyadav2005asdfgh@gmail.com

Plzz help me whenever I'm playing the game it with blue colour display and everything appears in blue but it should be in red and when I exit the game my desktop display also becomes rainbow colour plz tell how to fix this problem