String.pac uncompressed

spritefun

• 1 month later...

Hey Spritefun i got the same problem, i changed  the string.pac and chunk-cache and my game freeze :( i got the german version of the game and changed the lang to englisch. but it still not works for me. Can anybody help me. i buy the game, but only the game without dlc. 1 week ago the mods work fine, but now everytime i start the game i hang up in the main menu.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:09 AM, PrimeTime said:

Hey Spritefun i got the same problem, i changed  the string.pac and chunk-cache and my game freeze :( i got the german version of the game and changed the lang to englisch. but it still not works for me. Can anybody help me. i buy the game, but only the game without dlc. 1 week ago the mods work fine, but now everytime i start the game i hang up in the main menu.

have you updated your game to the HoF Patch?

On ‎21‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 2:09 PM, PrimeTime said:

Did you replace both chunk_cache files? Perhaps try the installer included in the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 (press the "Fix WWE 2k17 Startup Crash with Mods" button) and try some of the combination of advanced options if the default installation settings don't work (try installing both empty chunk_cache files, just one, etc.).
Also try to use the original string_win.pac that comes with the game and see if the game still crashes with the original one.
If that doesn't help, backup your mods and have Steam validate your game files, then reinstall the empty chunk_cache files and Super String's string_win.pac. Start the game and check if it still crashes. If it doesn't, exit the game and re-install your mods one by one.

Edited by Cave Waverider

ok know iam i little bit confused xD TWO chunck.cache files??? i got only one, and i replace this with a empty one and the game crash. i try the original string.pac without replaceing the chunck.cache and the game works, BUT the names of the modded wrestlers are invisible. so if i replace the chunck.cache, the game crash. if i replace the string.pac, the game start but freeze at the main menu. i reinstall all mods but still the same problem. maybe i have to reinstall the complete game?

ah by the way. weeks ago The OLD string.pac works for me and i can play all mods BUT without replaceing the chunck.cache. i dont understand why my game dont like the updated string.pac

4 hours ago, PrimeTime said:

ok know iam i little bit confused xD TWO chunck.cache files??? i got only one, and i replace this with a empty one and the game crash. i try the original string.pac without replaceing the chunck.cache and the game works, BUT the names of the modded wrestlers are invisible. so if i replace the chunck.cache, the game crash. if i replace the string.pac, the game start but freeze at the main menu. i reinstall all mods but still the same problem. maybe i have to reinstall the complete game?

ah by the way. weeks ago The OLD string.pac works for me and i can play all mods BUT without replaceing the chunck.cache. i dont understand why my game dont like the updated string.pac

Yes, there are two chunk_cache files since the Hall of Fame Update. Try to install the fix as I mentioned before with default install options. It will install both chunk_cache files. If that doesn't work, try some of the other installation options (on installed but not the other, etc.) and see if any of them work.
If not, then do as I told you earlier, backup your mods and have Steam verify the integrity of your game files (Open Steam, right-click on WWE 2k17, Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity of Game Files). Steam will check which files are corrupted and re-download them. After that, install the empty chunk_cache fix, start the game and see if it works. If it does, exit the game, install the latest version of the Super String, start the game back up and check if that still works. If it does, restore all your mods one by one and see if one of those cause your crashes.

Edited by Cave Waverider