Esbatmusic's Audio Shop (New info) (No Commentary Mod + Upcoming new audio Mod

esbatmusic

Update as of Oct 1st : Hey guys, I'm so sorry I couldn't get this out for 2K17. I'm still trying to gather the files and the big reason why is that life indeed happened, death too and also a huge mega swerve in life which made me go into a very deep depression.. Still fighting it... I know I'll get busy with 2K18 to make it happen as soon as the audio tools are out I'll want to help out. I'm sorry I don't feel very good to get anything major done. 

Very important quick Note : I am sorry about the huge delay. Life happened. However, a NEW important mod is coming along  the 'No Commentary' mod.

Announcement : Also, thanks to @WhereTheFdidTheEgo (Also a big thanks for all the moveset/pofo) who helped me to get the files I needed from a few past games...and it's for something that is indeed coming 'soon', there will now be a 100% Howard Finkel FULLY replacing Lillian Garcia Mod coming!!! I will also include all 5 'call names' for each wrestlers + Many other random names I have (or have edited IE : Texas Tornado, using combo of HIM saying the words), which will be switchable at your own pace/wanting with the Sound Editor as I'll also include the .XML file. Also thanks to @TheVisitorX for his work with the Sound Editor & @pozzum / @Cave Waveriderfor all the programs & @4 Life for all the help as well here and there. 

1) Remaining files for No commentary Mod A.K.A 'Shut up, Byron!' to be release (V.1) = About 6 to go. Release date? TBD. (As I need to finish it first and test it first) Takes a long while as I'm replacing all the files in case there's another future 'mod' coming in the future (JR/King commentary, or even maybe...something crazier... Bobby Heenan/Monsoon, just saying...) It's coming soon and yes, I'm trying to hurry up... but #2 is taking a lot of time at the moment, but trust me it's going to be coming... As many of you know already, All the Referee/Crowd noises/And ring Announcers will be intact. Just muting the whole thing for comms could be damaging many files as there's some of Lillian spread a little bit all over the place. (sometimes you need to replace 2 times at different places for the audio to REALLY be changed).

2 ) Howard Finkel replacing Lillian Garcia at 100% A.k.A 'Fink World Order Mod' = Coming as soon as possible. I will take request for wrestler's names as soon as it's released, because I will also insert a .Txt file with ALL the names that are available in the bundle, if one name doesn't appear, please, let me know and if I can edit it, I'll do it, as I said, with the 5 correct files, HD audio only and ALWAYS working as they should. I'm going full details on this mod, as I am not a modder like @Dennis-Bieser who does amazing work and as @hovathagod32 who does amazing Arena modding (which I hope to see a lot of classic WWE arenas done / ported, granted, not with the WWF logo)(Which might be my 2nd big project this year...  but I'm trying to give back as well because all the people I named in the topic truly made the game better last year and this year. Many names will be already replaced and I'll have a .txt also stating who is who, audio wise, but then again that too can be changed as much as you want when you edit it. The most important part will be that Fink's audio will be 100% Replaced and then , with whoever you port, you'll be able to have the audio as easily as possible.

3) Smark Crowd Mod = It'll be very fast to do. I hate the 'canned made in a stupid garage audio' 2K did with their own crew, it doesn't sound like a crowd, just like 12 morons screaming. Sounds will be added from real crowd noise and fixing some 'bell sounds' in Finn Balor's crowd and whatnot. Just overall a BETTER crowd. IE : Botchamania! Holy S***! Intense Booing, You still got it! & Chants that you'd hear usually in wrestling.  It'll be easy for me to do and fast to do so I'll do it last, and I'm collecting new ideas for it, and wish I could do more than this about it but it'll be funny to hear some stuff from the crowd now, instead of the boring 2K chants.

4) Theme Song, HD/HQ , 100% tested, clear and Perfect reverb and volume  : I will also take request when time comes, to get theme songs done. I will do a HUGE pack with HQ/HD theme song with a very good reverb as if they were made in game, without people doing much more than simply one thing : Inject or import with The programs. That's all you'll need to do, no testing, no headaches, just a LOT of theme songs that ARE needed. Some to make the game more accurate and some for SHOWS, (probably along with Intro Video :P).

Keep this page open and stay tuned because BIG things are happening this year with the audio.  I'm all for detailed work and I want to see this game get better than what 2K gave us. I know we can. They won't like it. :) 

- Esbatmusic -

Edited by esbatmusic
  • Like 29

This is a BIG project, good luck dude. Will you be labelling everything in Sound Editor so you know what's what? A data.xml file if you manage to finish everything (though I realise how long that'll take!) would be invaluable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

This is a BIG project, good luck dude. Will you be labelling everything in Sound Editor so you know what's what? A data.xml file if you manage to finish everything (though I realise how long that'll take!) would be invaluable.

I tried to, but I'll write down at least (and will edit the 1st post as well when needed) what Lillian says like this :

Lillian - 'x' (Wrestler name - and then there's 5 files. Accompanied by/And/ 'x' Intro name/ 'x' Menu name / 'X' has been eliminated.

And some more details too, in case. (Team name : Intro or Reprensenting) but not the whole commentary as that would take forever, and I mean FOREVER. and I don't want to waste a year without being paid lol. Seriously 2K needs to have an option for Referee, announcing and Commentary volume. SEPERATED. I wouldn't have to do it if it was in...but it seems like...I have no choice this year. I badly wanted to do this last year and didn't knew about the sound Editor...

Now, I will also do edits , thus why I asked how to convert .wem into something else. I do have good programs since I had my studio for music...SO, I'll take request for sure and will use older files from 2K16 (And I need the sound pac of 2K15 pretty badly too , if anyone has it, please share them with me.) and possibly from older games too. (Which I'll announce once the projects is finished, so I can take request for 'X' wrestler that we don't have audio files for and then pow! Will update a .rar file (IE : Roddy Piper has 4 out of 5, he doesn't have 'Has been Eliminated' so I'll take one file, check if Lillian says it differently depending of the tone of voice, and will cut and create one using Piper intro name or menu name. As simple as that (takes forever but... WE are making this game much better, worth the efforts).

And yes, it's taking absolutely forever. Spent over 14 hours so far. as I'm also taking those audio files out (exporting) so we have a mega save for the next years. Same for Team names.

I cannot mod like many, because I don't have that knowledge, but I'm giving back this year with this project.

And yes, I want it done ASAP... It'll be amazing to hear the crowd, the referee (so many lines we never hear IE : Okay Kane, drop it! or little things like 'Do you give up?!') and to hear Lillian (Or Howard if I'm able to find all the audio, I need to open smackdown shut your mouth .pac file of Howard Finkle, that would REALLY make my day to have those files). and the theme songs without anything else like Cole saying something completely stupid and JBL going 'Maggle!' or laughing randomly in the pre-match screen.

It'll help for the immersion for sure.

• Like 2

@esbatmusic Yeah totally understand that, even the quickest of labeling projects is gonna take long enough! I was generally talking just short labels like "General commentary - match" when it's just something about the match with no names mentioned or "general commentary - finisher" if it's something like "there's the finisher" - then stuff like "aj styles - ability" if they're talking about his ring ability or "aj styles - climbing to top rope" etc. Just a general note as to the purpose of each bit of commentary and a name if they mention anyone in particular. Then if it came to, say, replacing all the bits of commentary about a particular superstar if you were replacing them, you could search up their name under the name column and all their stuff would come up ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

@esbatmusic Yeah totally understand that, even the quickest of labeling projects is gonna take long enough! I was generally talking just short labels like "General commentary - match" when it's just something about the match with no names mentioned or "general commentary - finisher" if it's something like "there's the finisher" - then stuff like "aj styles - ability" if they're talking about his ring ability or "aj styles - climbing to top rope" etc. Just a general note as to the purpose of each bit of commentary and a name if they mention anyone in particular. Then if it came to, say, replacing all the bits of commentary about a particular superstar if you were replacing them, you could search up their name under the name column and all their stuff would come up ;)

That would be so long to do. I tried to but decided that I wanted to play it too before 2K18 happens, haha. If I was to find Commentary from Smackdown Shut your mouth, we could 'easily' replace JBL and cole for Jim Ross stuff. and add random Lawler quotes. I know we could and I just forgot what I used...but one reason I know we can...

That is lines from Shut your mouth. Has howard finkle audio too...  And think about what we could do overall for 'general commentary' ...if we could find stuff that would come from DVD and youtube from Monsoon and Bobby. It's possible but, that is crazy work.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

That would be so long to do. I tried to but decided that I wanted to play it too before 2K18 happens, haha. If I was to find Commentary from Smackdown Shut your mouth, we could 'easily' replace JBL and cole for Jim Ross stuff. and add random Lawler quotes. I know we could and I just forgot what I used...but one reason I know we can...

That is lines from Shut your mouth. Has howard finkle audio too...  And think about what we could do overall for 'general commentary' ...if we could find stuff that would come from DVD and youtube from Monsoon and Bobby. It's possible but, that is crazy work.

I'd still love to do a mixed comm team at some point. Schiavonne & Heenan (commentary from WCW Mayhem) and JR and King. I know there are only three commentators but could easily replace one commentary sound with a single audio file containing, say, a Schiavonne and Heenan audio file.

Yeah but it's tough sometimes due to some commentary being mixed all at once, but it's doable. I have the .iso for SYM but don't know how to open that .pac file of finkle...if I remembered or someone could help it'd be so easy.

I agree about wanting different sliders for the different sounds. The commentary on these games is horrible, but would love to hear Lilian Garcia/Howard Finkle do the ring intros. Why we can't have that, I haven't a clue. I mean it's all separate audio to begin with. Why not just leave it separate and have the separate levels? Why throw everything together? Would love to see you make it happen. If I had any idea how to do anything with mods, I would happily help out.

I really like the idea and target of this project because I hate this commentary in 2K17. I'm also not a 'modder' - I'm really bad in things like graphics or sound editing. Every one has its talents. So it is not a problem. Your project takes a lot of time and would be a great addition for the community. If I can do something to help you, please let me know. I've built tools like SE exactly for this reason. I hope this gets a success. If I can help you to make some things and tasks easier, I will try my best to make this possible.

Edited by TheVisitorX

@esbatmusic So reading back on the thread, it seems like you're doing it ALL via injecting a silent/null WEM into each file? OUCH, if so :lol Much quicker to do it all via hex editing. Literally took me a few minutes to null out over 90% of the commentary! Just nulled all the values in all the main comm files. So now, literally the only time I'd get commentary now is if I play as a DLC character. I still have ref sounds, wrestler grunts, Lilian Garcia and everything else.

Download this and put the files in your sound folder - these are the 11 main commentary files with the commentary removed. Then all you have to do is go through the three DLC files and do each of those sounds individually.

Edited by 4 Life

1 hour ago, 4 Life said:

@esbatmusic So reading back on the thread, it seems like you're doing it ALL via injecting a silent/null WEM into each file? OUCH, if so :lol Much quicker to do it all via hex editing. Literally took me a few minutes to null out over 90% of the commentary! Just nulled all the values in all the main comm files. So now, literally the only time I'd get commentary now is if I play as a DLC character. I still have ref sounds, wrestler grunts, Lilian Garcia and everything else.

Download this and put the files in your sound folder - these are the 11 main commentary files with the commentary removed. Then all you have to do is go through the three DLC files and do each of those sounds individually.

Yes, one by one...haha I have about 7 pacs or so left to do, and some of it has started already. No way?! really?! Are you serious?!!

Are you saying what I think you are saying? that all I have left to extract and do is Lillian's stuff?!?!?! :D oh my god. Get me those Howard Finkle files and I'm doing this by next week 100% haha

Edit : wait, you know there's some Lillian's call in the comm , right? I did found a few files in there of call names and menu name. so there must be more than that in it. I'll wait to 'overwrite' in case :p 

Edited by esbatmusic

1 minute ago, esbatmusic said:

Yes, one by one...haha I have about 7 pacs or so left to do, and some of it has started already. No way?! really?! Are you serious?!!

Are you saying what I think you are saying? that all I have left to extract and do is Lillian's stuff?!?!?! :D oh my god. Get me those Howard Finkle files and I'm doing this by next week 100% haha

Yep :D You'll notice that if you just play as main roster wrestlers then there is absolutely NO commentary from Cole/JBL/King. So alls you have to do is go through the DLC10, DLC20 and DLC40 files and mute the rest ;) Oh and a couple of sounds in the patch_03 and patch_06 files but that'll take like a minute ;) Then if you wanna replace the Lilian files, you're all set.

7 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Yep :D You'll notice that if you just play as main roster wrestlers then there is absolutely NO commentary from Cole/JBL/King. So alls you have to do is go through the DLC10, DLC20 and DLC40 files and mute the rest ;) Oh and a couple of sounds in the patch_03 and patch_06 files but that'll take like a minute ;) Then if you wanna replace the Lilian files, you're all set.

I have already done DLC 10,20 and a part of 40 also done Patch 03/06 :p so if it does indeed just remove the commentary for that, only the 40 would be really left to do which would be FN amazing for me..but you are sure there's still the files for say 'finn Balor' (accompanied by finn balor would be a great test as it's in the comm_ch1_m.pck

Because I know there's some important files when I opened it so if they are missing it'd be critical. I'll wait till you let me know if they are still 'there' (for Finn as a manager, it would tell me right away) and now I'll seek the Howard finkle files even more haha.

Edited by esbatmusic

7 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

I have already done DLC 10,20 and a part of 40 also done Patch 03/06 :p so if it does indeed just remove the commentary for that, only the 40 would be really left to do which would be FN amazing for me..but you are sure there's still the files for say 'finn Balor' (accompanied by finn balor would be a great test as it's in the comm_ch1_m.pck

Because I know there's some important files when I opened it so if they are missing it'd be critical.

Ah. Well I literally wiped out everything in there so if there's any Lilian stuff, that'd be gone too. Impossible to pick out the Lilian stuff from the other stuff via hex so yeah, that file would have to be done manually.

3 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

Ah. Well I literally wiped out everything in there so if there's any Lilian stuff, that'd be gone too. Impossible to pick out the Lilian stuff from the other stuff via hex so yeah, that file would have to be done manually.

Ouch lol...OR I can always write down the few files in there, and the just port them back in... Would still save me tons of time.

HMMM thinking out loud, if you put all to say 0, if I import a sound back in, will it work? Fearing the whole 'manual till the end thing' lol

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I really like the idea and target of this project because I hate this commentary in 2K17. I'm also not a 'modder' - I'm really bad in things like graphics or sound editing. Every one has its talents. So it is not a problem. Your project takes a lot of time and would be a great addition for the community. If I can do something to help you, please let me know. I've built tools like SE exactly for this reason. I hope this gets a success. If I can help you to make some things and tasks easier, I will try my best to make this possible.

Oh dude, you are helping so much with the tools. If you could help me find a way to get into that .pac file of Howard Finkle (from the .iso of Smackdown Shut your mouth) we'd be in business for sure.  And thanks so much to offer help, I know I will need some. You and 4Life are awesome for sure.

Edited by esbatmusic

4 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Ouch lol...OR I can always write down the few files in there, and the just port them back in... Would still save me tons of time.

Yeah, just work off of what you had already, my file is totally empty so you can't even inject into it cause there's nothing to inject into :lol

Just now, 4 Life said:

Yeah, just work off of what you had already, my file is totally empty so you can't even inject into it cause there's nothing to inject into :lol

Lol.... ouch x 1000 At least you tried man, I appreciate it very much. as I said to visitor, if you can find any files from Howard Finkle from past games (Just Bring it/Shut your mouth/Legend of WrestleMania) let me know though. I already switched the model for Fink in game and soon, I'll have a lot more done. It's just very very long. Only played one match so far and it was to see if it was lagging fps wise. No rest till Cole and JBL (king too) shuts up for all of us.

1 minute ago, esbatmusic said:

Lol.... ouch x 1000 At least you tried man, I appreciate it very much. as I said to visitor, if you can find any files from Howard Finkle from past games (Just Bring it/Shut your mouth/Legend of WrestleMania) let me know though. I already switched the model for Fink in game and soon, I'll have a lot more done. It's just very very long. Only played one match so far and it was to see if it was lagging fps wise. No rest till Cole and JBL (king too) shuts up for all of us.

Yeah sucks, is that file the only one with Lilian ones out of all the "comm" files though? Still save a lot of effort if so, there are 10 other files still.

Just now, 4 Life said:

Yeah sucks, is that file the only one with Lilian ones out of all the "comm" files though? Still save a lot of effort if so, there are 10 other files still.

They are randomly placed in all of them really. at least, so far I've seen that it's really placed random, I wish they had more planning at 2K, and the brains to actually put an option 'off commentary' while we keep the ref and Lillian lol or the brain to put it all in ONE file lol. I spent 14 hours or so so far...halfway done and it'll be a save for the future too as I'm keeping all the audio I'll do to share. Including the custom ones. It'll be easy to do really. just long.

Just now, esbatmusic said:

They are randomly placed in all of them really. at least, so far I've seen that it's really placed random, I wish they had more planning at 2K, and the brains to actually put an option 'off commentary' while we keep the ref and Lillian lol or the brain to put it all in ONE file lol. I spent 14 hours or so so far...halfway done and it'll be a save for the future too as I'm keeping all the audio I'll do to share. Including the custom ones. It'll be easy to do really. just long.

Ahhh ok. That sucks then, yeah gonna have to be done the manual way!

Just now, 4 Life said:

Ahhh ok. That sucks then, yeah gonna have to be done the manual way!

in that comm01 file there was only 3. random, in another there might be like...39. but it'll be done fast. And truly, it will be worth the effort. Just glad to do something for the community this year

Just a little note: You don't have to inject a silent file, you could also use the "delete" function in Sound Editor which is there since the last update. It keeps the files but changes filesize (0) and offset to unused values. They are not visible in SE after deletion, but they are still there. The effect will be the same. At the moment, you can only delete one row but I've planned to extend that to multiple rows. It was already in but there were some issues. But I think you did it that way so that anyone can restore the sounds, right?

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

Just a little note: You don't have to inject a silent file, you could also use the delete function in Sound Editor which is there since the last update. It keeps the files but changes filesize and offset to unused values. They are not visible in SE after deletion, but they are still there. The effect will be the same. At the moment, you can only delete one row but I've planned to extend that to multiple rows. Have had that but there were some issues. But I think you did it that way so that anyone can restore the sounds, right?

Yes, well I'm not writing down every line but if one would want to do so, it'd be doable.

That update sounds nice but... I have so much done already on multiple files haha, it would remove all the writing most likely, no?

5 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Yes, well I'm not writing down every line but if one would want to do so, it'd be doable.

That update sounds nice but... I have so much done already on multiple files haha, it would remove all the writing most likely, no?

No, is does not affect the data.xml file, only updates the filesize and offset. But the file isn't visible in SE after deletion. Even when you open the file again, that file isn't visible. But the entries in the data.xml are still there. But your way is also okay, but it is a bit more time consuming :).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1