2k17 Modding discoveries

pozzum

I have some good news on entrance animations. I was able to find the motion parts of each animation. As it turns out, the motion is using YMAM/MAMY. If we can find the motion on the older 2K14 EVZs, we might be able to get older entrances working.

Once i inject smaller Ambrose's armwear on Gallows and fix it properly on his hand in blender , it continues to glitch and plus it says in one position

Does this mean there is some physics file for armwear too ?

On 2/13/2017 at 2:10 PM, dashot88 said:

Make sure the pach file and pac file both have the correct id for the ch file you dropped in. If it's crashing means the id most likely doesn't match. From what I understood pofo and moveset are identical to last year so you can import it but don't hold me to that. 

No they're not

6 hours ago, kim666 said:

Then go ahead and wash the dishes. ;-)

Lol :lol:lol

Alright so I looked into porting the entrances, winning animations and adding moves to the game. It's exactly the same as last year, so take a look at the tutorials I did last year as well as last years modding discoveries thread.

The moveset file has some extra data in it as it now has additional taunts (crowd, turnbuckle, etc) as well as additional data for winning animations which seem to have a separate value for music in addition to the entrance music.

@Cave Waverider , these are some of the offsets I've discovered, hope it's of value to you:

Winning animation
c02-c03
c06-c07 (not sure about this)

advanced entrance
916-917
A4e-A4F
ABE-ABF
B2E-B2f
B9E-B9F

TAUNTS
000xc-000x13
2E6 - 2ED
316-321

FINISHERS

1C-1F

POC of adding entrance motions, winning animations and moves:

http://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/65397-tekken57s-2k17-mods-hogan-2k17-port/?do=findComment&comment=872802

5 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

The procedure for adding moves is exactly the same as last year. I never look into the createmode files as I assign the moves via hex.

Can I ask how you did add the moves via hex?

Last year, there was still the slot for the hogan taunts to easily find where to put them, but this year they've removed any excess empty move slots. I also looked at the createmode.pac for this, just wondering how to do it your way. Thanks.

Great work on Hogan btw!

10 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

Thanks, I'll detail how this is done soon so that others can port more wrestlers. I have lots of others things to look into and code. Check my X-Packer thread in the modding discussion for details on how to get X-Packer and X-Rey.

The props work exactly as last year, just copy the relevant files into the applicable folders. I'm still working on the moveset (taking time and I'm everything via hex) and fixing the hair (2k15 hair does not animate in game).

The procedure for adding moves is exactly the same as last year. I never look into the createmode files as I assign the moves via hex.

Yeah I noticed that all models of 2K15 have hairs that aren't moving. clips into the body, just like any gear too that is long. I can't wait and I'm looking forward for a Hulk Hogan with props/hair fix :) Hopefully you also put on download the files for the entrances/animation.

10 minutes ago, EL_G said:

Can I ask how you did add the moves via hex?

Last year, there was still the slot for the hogan taunts to easily find where to put them, but this year they've removed any excess empty move slots. I also looked at the createmode.pac for this, just wondering how to do it your way. Thanks.

Great work on Hogan btw!

You can create a new pac with which moves you wish to add to the game using X-Packer. The game reads the old pac format without any issues. The moves need to be assigned to the wrestler in the moveset file via hex, I've posted the offset values I have found in my modding discoveries thread.

6 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Yeah I noticed that all models of 2K15 have hairs that aren't moving. clips into the body, just like any gear too that is long. I can't wait and I'm looking forward for a Hulk Hogan with props/hair fix :) Hopefully you also put on download the files for the entrances/animation.

The newer hair has an additonal file in the yobj which controls the motions. I excluded the boa from Hogan as the file controlling the animation causes the game to crash. It looks terrible unanimated. I will be releasing all the files to add the entrance, winning animation and moves when I am done.

17 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

You can create a new pac with which moves you wish to add to the game using X-Packer. The game reads the old pac format without any issues. The moves need to be assigned to the wrestler in the moveset file via hex, I've posted the offset values I have found in my modding discoveries thread.

Oh excellent, that's good to know. Couple questions about that, where did you place the new pac? Was it called all_mot1 (or whaever), or did you place it within one of those?

And did you have to leave the value the same. Ie Hogan's taunt being 3092.zlib, 3192.zliib etc. Or can you change that to anything that fits?

Thanks for answering these questions.

1 hour ago, tekken57 said:

The newer hair has an additonal file in the yobj which controls the motions. I excluded the boa from Hogan as the file controlling the animation causes the game to crash. It looks terrible unanimated. I will be releasing all the files to add the entrance, winning animation and moves when I am done.

Hey Tekken, will the 2k16 2580 file work with Hogan. I noticed the hair animations with 2k16 characters work in 2k17.

10 minutes ago, bravebird31 said:

Hey Tekken, will the 2k16 2580 file work with Hogan. I noticed the hair animations with 2k16 characters work in 2k17.

probably not, because 2k15 characters have the 2922 file, which with 2k16 models (for  most)  were included in the 2715, as are 2k17 models.

5 minutes ago, AlcLegacy said:

probably not, because 2k15 characters have the 2922 file, which with 2k16 models (for  most)  were included in the 2715, as are 2k17 models.

Well the rvd port I did in 2k16 the hair moves in 2k17 (although the hair glitches in replays).

Edited by bravebird31

Just now, bravebird31 said:

Well the rvd port I did in 2k16 the hair moves in 2k17 (although the hair glitches in replays).

Yeah, i saw that. But others i have seen ported the hair doesn't animate at all. My Triple H mod i made for 2k16 even crashes the game and all that was done to it was a texture edit, but when i looked at 2k17 retro HHH it had new hair files, no 24xx files or a 2922. So i thought that might have had something to do with it, but i was told Roman has old hair files, so i have no clue. 

• 4 weeks later...