2k17 Modding discoveries

pozzum

I had a bit of a weird one with my Booker T mod, boys, see if you can figure this out.

In the 2K16 version, I had an extra yobj with a pair of gloves. Obviously, it crashed in 2K17. Made a new pach with the file removed, replaced it with the 0010.yobj from AJ. Then injected what I thought were the gloves but turned out to be a dummy file, 001A - the mod loaded and worked fine in-game, but no gloves of course. Then injected the gloves, and it crashed. Then removed the 0010 file altogether since I decided to do one of the gloveless attires - again, crashed! It's like it wouldn't work without that 0010 in there, even if that meant injecting a dummy file into it. So I went back on myself and reinserted the 0010, then injected the dummy 001A again and it was working again, albeit gloveless.

One thing I didn't try was putting the 0010 in there and not injecting into it at all to see what happened, but all in all I found it weird. Should point out that the 0000.yobj was modified, I think I removed an item from it and also reshaped the outfit to cut off the top half to make it a pair of tights before reinjecting it. Just find it odd how it wouldn't work without that file even though the file was practically empty.

Edited by 4 Life

13 minutes ago, pozzum said:

Added.

Also do you have any additional insight on the different moveset sizes for different slots? like just examples of some oddball.  I haven't taken a close look at them yet.

It just happens randomly in the save, certain slots are 5 bytes bigger than others. Looking into the memory at the moment to see if this occurs here also.

@4 Life, I don't think the 0010 is a meant to be a yobj file. It is probably required for something else.

I've tired porting my Angle mod over by replacing the 0000.yobj, 000C, 000A and 2715 slots with another wrestler yobj. You can also replace the 4e22 slots like with 2k15 and game displays the additional yobj without issues. However adding another wrestler yobj into the 4e22 slot freezes the game at the loading screen for me. This makes me think that the game has a filesize limit as with older games, maybe two wrestler yobj's per pac maximum? 

Edited by tekken57

5 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

It just happens randomly in the save, certain slots are 5 bytes bigger than others. Looking into the memory at the moment to see if this occurs here also.

Which ones? Can you give some examples so I can double-check? I've all .movesets that were extracted from memory and all that I've looked at so far appear to be 3616 Bytes long.

By the way, if you find out anything about what various bytes in the moveset file do while you're analysing things, please do post in the WWE 2k17 Data (.pofo, .moveset, .team_info, etc.) Breakdown and Analysis thread.

Edited by Cave Waverider

2 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Which ones? Can you give some examples so I can double-check? I've all .movesets that were extracted from memory and all that I've looked at so far appear to be 3616 Bytes long.

By the way, if you find out anything about what various bytes in the moveset file do while you're analysing things, please do post in the WWE 2k17 Data (.pofo, .moveset, .team_info, etc.) Breakdown and Analysis thread.

Yup the normal size is 3616, but some are 3621 long. Not in front of my dev pc now to tell you which slots in the save exactly this occurs in. I'll post info about the pofo and moveset files if I find anything from what I can see of the pofo files, it seems to be same format as last year.

6 minutes ago, PickleTennis said:

Is there a way to inject characters from 2K16 to 2K17? Say I want Dustin Rhodes, do I need to replace him with anyone?

Yes you can inject characters from 2k16 without replacing anyone.

Their entrance and winning anims also can be ported over.

1 hour ago, G3N0M3 said:

Yes you can inject characters from 2k16 without replacing anyone.

Their entrance and winning anims also can be ported over.

totally new to 2k mods here but....would that also apply to any created wrestlers?

Cause man if i could inject the 40+ guys i created in 2k16,...

I kinda hate the character creator in this one and don't really care to spend time creating new characters in it (or recreating the ones i'd made, though i bothered for my main). Well...i mean EVERYTHING is better EXCEPT the lack of sliders for body. Well deformation as they called it. And that's a huge deal and a huge step back to me. This is kinda killing me. I actually considered a refund in the first two hours when i found out how it was now, with presets and all. Of course i came to realise why it's this way, it was probably the only way to speed up the character creator (which was yes painfuly slow in the last games) because otherwise for every tiny bit of difference in body frame the game had to adapt the clothing to fit and probably the time spent calculating this was why it was slow. Now with presets it's already all loaded in for sure. I wouldn't mind presets so much if they had included a wide variety but they didn't. You can't have a cruiserweight that looks like a cruiserweight with those presets. 

• Like 1

I've recently been trying to find out how the CAV (Create A Victory) menu works, however I haven't had any luck. I was able to use Cheat Engine and edit the menu to get this as my result, however:

This required me to replace "6439" (I believe that's "GENERIC VICTORY 12") with 6201 (Santino Marella's winning animation that has CM Punk's winning animation ported over from 2K15. 6201.pac isn't in 2K16 or 2K17, so I made a clone of Rock's winning pac (6100) and changed the EMD line to match)., then change the string to "CM PUNK"...

Edited by jakeypearce

I'll start :)

I've recently been trying to find out how the CAV (Create A Victory) menu works, however I haven't had any luck. I was able to use Cheat Engine and edit the menu to get this as my result, however:

This required me to replace "6439" (I believe that's "GENERIC VICTORY 12") with 6201 (Santino Marella's winning animation that has CM Punk's winning animation ported over from 2K15. 6201.pac isn't in 2K16 or 2K17, so I made a clone of Rock's winning pac (6100) and changed the EMD line to match)., then change the string to "CM PUNK"...

• Like 1

I was able to add winning animations from previous games to 2k16 just by copying the relevant pac files across. Usually the winning  animations which are excluded in each iteration of the game still have a unique ID. Al you need to do is assign this ID to winning animation move in the moveset file. I don't bother getting the winning animation to appear on the in game menu as it can easily be assigned in hex and is usually done once for a wrestler.

True, however my OCD loves kicking in every now and then :p IMO, it makes it "feel" more complete, and also, if I want to assign the animation to a different wrestler it makes sense to add it in the menu, rather than having to use hex.

• Like 1

Was gonna make a thread like this funnily enough, might be a good place to discuss models that we've found that are good for injecting into and which files to inject into.

35 minutes ago, jakeypearce said:

True, however my OCD loves kicking in every now and then :p IMO, it makes it "feel" more complete, and also, if I want to assign the animation to a different wrestler it makes sense to add it in the menu, rather than having to use hex.

Same here really, would rather replace and then edit the string so it's nice and authentic :p