Thinking of getting 2k17

PooPMasta

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting wwe 2k17 for the pc when it's on sale :D!! but I wanted to know something before I purchase it. I've been looking through steam forums and smacktalks for answers but haven't really gotten a clear answer yet.

My questions are simple:

1. In the "new and improved" universe mode do you still have the weeks held title glitch like wwe 2k16? *game counts weeks held on wrong titles in 2k16 for most titles incl custom titles**
  2. In universe mode, if you have a two or more separate shows, do rankings work properly now? *in 2k16, rankings only work properly for superstars on my Monday RAW show, as in, NXT/Smackdown, rankings do not update :'( SUCH SADNESS*
  3. Do personality traits work well/better with gameplay? *In 2k16 sometimes doing heel-ish things makes my superstar more bold & respectful??wtf*

If anyone can help me out with this info, would be great!

PEACE. Take care.... spike your hair

1. Weeks held was allegedly fixed but since i don't rely on it i can't be certain

2. i have 4 separate shows on my current wwe universe: Raw, SDL, NXT, and 205 Live and although i haven't really relied on the rankings much (i usually do my own booking around rivalry matches) i haven't noticed that being messed up or anything

3. The thing about personality traits, they work more for cutscenes than in-match stuff. They still influence what an ai does but they don't usually change unless you're booked into a rivalry/feud.  Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply Jai! yea, I was really bothered by the some universe mode bugs in 2k16. Was hoping for a patch that never came so I really hope it's fixed in 2k17. Do you have 2k17 on pc? How do you like it so far?

2 hours ago, PooPMasta said:

Thanks for the reply Jai! yea, I was really bothered by the some universe mode bugs in 2k16. Was hoping for a patch that never came so I really hope it's fixed in 2k17. Do you have 2k17 on pc? How do you like it so far?

nah i only have it for ps4. i like the game it's just that some things like the last patch destroyed commentary regarding finishers which kinda kills the immersion and the fact we can't edit face paint anymore and have rumble and elimination chamber matches in any arena in universe anymore.  other than that i love the game. my current wwe universe is actually at backlash now (i'm recording that show as we speak) and my wcw universe continued from 2k16 is in week 2 of april 97. good stuff

I really hope 2K gets everything together this year with the patches and not leave it hanging like they did with 2k16. wait a minute.. you're recording? are you oneofdem youtubers? I would be interested to watch some stuff from 2k17 before deciding to get it esp. universe mode :)

I just tested the pc version. Weeks held works properly this year with both vanilla titles and created ones! Also the patch Jai mentioned doesn't effect PC, our game is a port of the Xbox One version. So far I've played for around 12 hours and it seems like they've fixed a ton of what was broken in 2k16. The port seems to actually be good for a change! I'll have a port report and a review up on my channel soon, if there are any other specific questions regarding the pc port I'll try to answer them for you.

2 hours ago, Apost Khan said:

I just tested the pc version. Weeks held works properly this year with both vanilla titles and created ones! Also the patch Jai mentioned doesn't effect PC, our game is a port of the Xbox One version. So far I've played for around 12 hours and it seems like they've fixed a ton of what was broken in 2k16. The port seems to actually be good for a change! I'll have a port report and a review up on my channel soon, if there are any other specific questions regarding the pc port I'll try to answer them for you.

did you play in universe or exhibition. cause the audio bug regarding finishers affects xbox one as well. it just happened with the latest patch but i had a feeling it wouldn't affect pc.  I know that in exhibition they do call the finishers properly.  i had to do my AJ Styles/Ambrose Backlash match in exhibition and they called the styles clash and dirty deeds

8 hours ago, Apost Khan said:

Thanks for the reply, really glad to be hearing positive news on the pc port for a change!!

"Weeks held works properly this year... created ones!"

Hjxvz.gif

I'm happy :)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your review, for sure mate. I do have a specific question although not pc exclusive, but could you kindly test the effects of game play on personality trait effects in universe mode? For example, in 2k16 if I taunted a lot in a rivalry match, my superstar became more "egotistical". But for some inexplicable reason, it seems no matter how I played a rivalry match (or even simmed with ai), all my superstars eventually become "bold", "respectful", and "aggressive". I was hoping this would be addressed in 2k17's universe mode and be more robust and diverse.

1 hour ago, PooPMasta said:

Thanks for the reply, really glad to be hearing positive news on the pc port for a change!!

"Weeks held works properly this year... created ones!"

Hjxvz.gif

I'm happy :)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your review, for sure mate. I do have a specific question although not pc exclusive, but could you kindly test the effects of game play on personality trait effects in universe mode? For example, in 2k16 if I taunted a lot in a rivalry match, my superstar became more "egotistical". But for some inexplicable reason, it seems no matter how I played a rivalry match (or even simmed with ai), all my superstars eventually become "bold", "respectful", and "aggressive". I was hoping this would be addressed in 2k17's universe mode and be more robust and diverse.

as far as i know in 17 the traits mostly affect the outcome of cutscenes. they influence the type you get.  they did that last year but they do it moreso in 17 to eliminate the annoying rival a vs rival b every week scenario. i've done extensive testing on this. As far as the way they tallied up, they don't really do that as far as i know. you don't get a personality traits summary at the end of a rivalry match anymore. it's totally different

2 hours ago, Jai said:

as far as i know in 17 the traits mostly affect the outcome of cutscenes. they influence the type you get.  they did that last year but they do it moreso in 17 to eliminate the annoying rival a vs rival b every week scenario. i've done extensive testing on this. As far as the way they tallied up, they don't really do that as far as i know. you don't get a personality traits summary at the end of a rivalry match anymore. it's totally different

Oh, I see!! I thought it was the same ... that's why I couldn't figure out why nobody was talking about this. Thanks Jai! :) Ok, I'm sold! I think imma bite the bullet and get 2k17.. Last question I swear!, this is pc specific... but it is possible to "unlock" dlc content in the standard edition? i.e. nakamura :D can't justify paying extra for a few extra  ch.pac files (modders will understand). Its not like I really need nakamura or anything... but it would be tooo SWEET if I could..

32 minutes ago, PooPMasta said:

Oh, I see!! I thought it was the same ... that's why I couldn't figure out why nobody was talking about this. Thanks Jai! :) Ok, I'm sold! I think imma bite the bullet and get 2k17.. Last question I swear!, this is pc specific... but it is possible to "unlock" dlc content in the standard edition? i.e. nakamura :D can't justify paying extra for a few extra  ch.pac files (modders will understand). Its not like I really need nakamura or anything... but it would be tooo SWEET if I could..

not sure you would have to ask someone more familiar with modding (try the modding section) but i would assume so.

40 minutes ago, PooPMasta said:

Steam has DRM in place.

11 hours ago, Jai said:

did you play in universe or exhibition. cause the audio bug regarding finishers affects xbox one as well. it just happened with the latest patch but i had a feeling it wouldn't affect pc.  I know that in exhibition they do call the finishers properly.  i had to do my AJ Styles/Ambrose Backlash match in exhibition and they called the styles clash and dirty deeds

I'll have to keep an eye on that, though I usually play with the in-game sound muted and a podcast or an audio-book on in the background. Gotta say though, after hearing the horror stories of that last patch, I'm a bit worried about what may happen when they patch in the last DLC pack!

Just now, Apost Khan said:

I'll have to keep an eye on that, though I usually play with the in-game sound muted and a podcast or an audio-book on in the background. Gotta say though, after hearing the horror stories of that last patch, I'm a bit worried about what may happen when they patch in the last DLC pack!

well as far as console goes. i doubt we even get another patch. the patch we just got (1.06) was basically to add support for the HOF pack. but i actually hope they release one more cause there's way too many issues. then all of a suddin in a 97 era universe a macho/ddp feud, macho comes out in his default wwf attire when i had his nwo attire set as default

I don't own a next gen, still hanging onto xbox360 and 2k14. Saw 2K17 being offered for 50% today on XBL and wondering if anyone out there has the 360 version, is it worth buying at this price (plus the season pass) or just continue to pass until the day comes when I decide to buy an XBox One?

10 hours ago, BigBlueRI4x said:

I don't own a next gen, still hanging onto xbox360 and 2k14. Saw 2K17 being offered for 50% today on XBL and wondering if anyone out there has the 360 version, is it worth buying at this price (plus the season pass) or just continue to pass until the day comes when I decide to buy an XBox One?

i heard it's pretty much 2k16 with the updated rosters and such. i don't think it got any of the updates that current gen has. Only reason i'd recommend getting it on 360 is because the 2k16 servers will (obviously) be taken down soon probably around memorial day like they did with 2k15

Edited by Jai

• 1 month later...

Sorry to re-hash this old post--but Deals with Gold on my XBox 360 has 2K17 for $21.99 and season pass is I think $14 or 16.99. May actually get it at this price. Can someone verify if there is custom music for entrances on 360? I know I've read it's not possible on XBox One. Thanks.