Guys and gals, please don't derail this thread any further with off-topic discussion and put it back on topic. I do appreciate that you are sticking up for the cause, but it's usually better to not feed the trolls and simply ignore them or it derails the topic. 

Let's get back on topic now and Thank you very much!

I'll start with a little status update on the Data Editor for WWE 2k17.
As .pofo has been mostly deciphered, I've made much progress in regards to the .pofo functionality and have started implementing GUI elements to set the origin of the wrestler.

I haven't touched the .moveset part yet, as there are still too many unknown values. Please do head over to the WWE 2k17 Data breakdown and analysis thread and help us figure the rest of the unknowns in the .moveset file out to speed up the process a bit.

I've completely rewritten the code behind the Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI. This will allow it to be much more flexible under the hood and more easily updatable in the future. Thanks to these major code changes, the performance and memory footprint should be better and it will also be able to retain any custom attire names you may have added manually or with the GUI. I have yet to code the attire name changer GUI, but the work I've done so far should allow me to implement it fairly soon, barring any unforseen hurdles.

There is no ETA for the release or a beta test yet, but it'll likely still take a long while until the first version is ready for public testing/release.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Guys and gals, please don't derail this thread any further with off-topic discussion and put it back on topic. I do appreciate that you are sticking up for the cause, but it's usually better to not feed the trolls and simply ignorethem. 

Let's get back on topic now and Thank you very much!

I'll start with a little status update on the Data Editor for WWE 2k17.
As .pofo has been mostly deciphered, I've made much progress in regards to the .pofo functionality and have started implementing GUI elements to set the origin of the wrestler.

I haven't touched the .moveset part yet, as there are still too many unknown values. Please do head over to the WWE 2k17 Data breakdown and analysis thread and help us figure the rest of the unknowns in the .moveset file out to speed up the process a bit.

I've completely rewritten the code behind the Universal Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI. This will allow it to be much more flexible under the hood and more easily updatable in the future. Thanks to these major code changes, the performance and memory footprint should be better and it will also be able to retain any custom attire names you may have added manually or with the GUI. I have yet to code the attire name changer GUI, but the work I've done so far should allow me to implement it fairly soon, barring any unforseen hurdles.

There is no ETA for the release or a beta test yet, but it'll likely still take a long while until the first version is ready for public testing/release.

Thanks for your work. This will make editing things a lot smoother.

Data Editor for WWE 2k17 work in Progress Update: Here is the first working version of the Data Editor 2k17's Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI including the new Attire Name Editor in action:
DataEditor2k17AttireEditorTeaser.jpg

Reading and setting the name strings for each attire is already working beautifully.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 9

31 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Here is first working version of the Data Editor 2k17's Alternate Attire Unlocker GUI including the new Attire Name Editor in action:
DataEditor2k17AttireEditorTeaser.jpg

Is it wrong to say "I luvs you"?? LOL. Great work and been waiting since I bought the game to see this.

• Like 1

marvellous!!

I am waiting for a beta release of Data Editor anytime soon to try start injecting and modding in an easier way.

I know you wanna wait for the last DLC to come out before releasing it and I respect your decision but if you change your mind..I'll be happy as a child to try and test the beta version.:p

Thanks for your hard work, waiting anxiously for your data editor tool.

Edited by Thunder72

Data Editor for WWE 2k17 work in Progress Update: I've finished the .pofo Editor and it's fully functional. :)

DataEditor2k17PofoEditorTeaser.jpg

"Only" the .team_info Editor, .moveset Editor and various .data sets (lists of Wrestler IDs, Entrance theme IDs, Tron IDs, Entrance/Victory animation IDs, Team Announce IDs, Move IDs,  Pyro, Lighting, Filter IDs, etc.)  left to do. If anybody would like to help me out with the latter, please send me a PM, it's rather easy if you know a your way around cheat engine/a hex editor, but very time consuming. The less time I have to waste with that, the more I can focus on actual coding and the quicker I'll be able to release a version to the public.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 5

Question for Cave Waverider or anyone else the matter,

When you release an update to the Universal Attire Unlocker, would it overwrite any additional HEX changes that I make? I edited the HEX to add attires for Earthquake and Razor Ramon, but removed Summer Rae and Paige.

Thanks!

Data Editor for WWE 2k17 Work in Progress Update: I've finished the Data Editor 2k17's .team_info editor and it's fully functional now. Here is a screenshot of it in action:

DataEditor2k17TeamInfoTeaser.jpg

Now "only" the .moveset and various data sets are left on the plate.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, jcsix said:

Excellent work! This tool made it easy last year to adjust anything.

Do you think it will ever be possible to have difference entrances/trons/music for alt attires?

what he said lol. great progress cant wait till release

Data Editor for WWE 2k17 Work in Progress Update: Added actual weight to the .pofo Editor. That weight value is used by the announcer as well (if in supported range).

DataEditor2k17PofoWeightTeaser.jpg

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, THEpaynexkiller said:

How'd i go about getting extra attire slots? For example, X-Pac at slot 687? 

Links to guides for such things are in the readme of the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock. If that's too complicated for you, wait for the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 to be released which will make it easier via GUI.

20 minutes ago, Legend_killer79 said:

Glad to see the progress coming along nicely @Cave Waverider . You were considering releasing a beta after the HOF DLC correct?

I'm considering releasing a beta when it's ready to be tested. It's far from ready at the moment, however, as there is still alot of work to be done, mostly time consuming work (figuring out advanced entrance bytes took me around 7 hours today, for example, figuring out all the moves bytes as well as all the valid values will likely take even longer) and beginning next week I won't have much free time on my hands so development is likely to slow down considerably and I'm trying to get as much done as possible before that.

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

I'm considering releasing a beta when it's ready to be tested. It's far from ready at the moment, however, as there is still alot of work to be done, mostly time consuming work (figuring out advanced entrance bytes took me around 7 hours today, for example, figuring out all the moves bytes as well as all the valid values will likely take even longer) and beginning next week I won't have much free time on my hands so development is likely to slow down considerably and I'm trying to get as much done as possible before that.

More than understandable. You're already doing a lot in such a small time.

Ah, you said that it was there in the readme, but it's not. I also read the description from the first post. There's nothing there about finding random numbers for mods (for example; tekkens upcoming mods, or CM Punk from the last game, etc.) So I'll have to wait for the editor tool. 

/I'm reading red roosters post now. 

Edited by THEpaynexkiller

1 minute ago, angelwar19 said:

I'm new here, so we can't just change the superstar id to make it attire 2 pr 3 by hxd editor like in wwe 2k16?

No. You will need to extract the SHDC from WWE 2K17 pac and inject it into any WWE 2K16. Then you can hex edit and rename it.