18 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

You will be able to set them to the same gender in the .pofo file and have them fight each other.

Awesome!  It'll allow me to merge my weak womens division in my PWP Custom universe!  Super excited for this, thanks man!

1 hour ago, Slambuca said:

With the Attire unlocker, does it rename the ones that are already in game? like does it change say 'Ministry of Darkness' attire for Undertaker to 'Attire 4' etc etc?

No, the manual installation version includes the attire names for the attires that already exist in the game. Additional ones are named Attire * (or Wrestlemania * if you don't install the included string_win.pac file/don't play the English version of the game).

• Like 1

On 12.2.2017 at 7:09 PM, esbatmusic said:

@Cave Waverider

Hey man, random Q but important one nonetheless, as I'm doing the huge audio collection (swapping If desired) for all audio files... I was wondering in the .pofo files with the data editor, will we be able to change the billings? Because there's many audio that are, let's say 'naming places' without weight and it would solve a lot of issues/hassle if we could change that... IE : if I want piper in, over say Titus, that I don't have to swap Titus 'audio billing' just straight up change it to 'Glasgow' in the .pofo file.

Thanks in advance, I'll wait for the reply :p

Location and weight are in the pofo this year. Last year the ring announcer didn't say anything about location and weight but this year Lillian does. I've swapped my pofo with the pofo file from The Rock with my updated CCT version, changed all the information to my new slot and Lillian says both, weight and location. It must be somewhere in the pofo file. I still need to find out where that information comes from.

Edit: Okay, it seems I was wrong. It does only work with the Rock. If I change the pofo to Erick Rowan, there is no location, only weight. Really odd, but interesting... The game seems to read that information somewhere in the pofo file but not for all superstars.

Edited by TheVisitorX

27 minutes ago, kkt661 said:

awesome mod :) 

btw, added attires by your mod. theirs theme didn't play when win the match.

is there any solution for this problem? :( 

If everything goes well, the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 will provide an option to activate a workaround to enable Winning music for all attires of a Wrestler in one's moveset. It will still take a while until it's ready, however, as there is still lots to figure out and implement while my time to work on it is limited. So hang in tight!

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 2

Also in this thread: Seems like offsets 32-34 (decimal) are referring to the location but I'm not sure what is what. Offset 34 often is 60 (hex) and when I change it to another value, the location isn't mentioned any more. When I change offset 32 and 33, the location changes.

I've added a download link for an empty chunk_cache.bin file to the top post for those that can't figure out how to make one themselves. Without this file, the game will crash at startup or during match loading if you have any mods installed. Like last year, an installer for it will be included with the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 as well once it's released.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

The Universal Alternate Attire Unlock kills the winning sounds. Can you fix this Cave?

It doesn't kill winning sounds. The game doesn't have winning music set for Attires and wrestlers that aren't in the game by default. Winning music should work fine for attire slots that have been in the game all along. While we don't know where the winning music for which wrestlers and attires are stored or how to add it, there is a workaround similar to last year's that I've been testing (my AJ Styles 10+ Attire Pack for WWE 2k17 comes with a .moveset file that has the workaround applied so you can test it with that), although I have found some problems with it this year so I have to do some more testing.

If everything goes well, the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 will likely allow you to enable this workaround on a per moveset basis in a similar fashion like last year.
You will have to be patient, however, as I'm estimating that the research and the coding will take quite a bit longer still.

Thats not 100'% correct because what i understand from your writting is that the first Attire from Aj still modded must have the winning music with the attire unlock misc because this attire is original ingame? But it doesnt work anyway. I have restored the original misc.pac and there i have winning sounds on all wrestlers again. Its not only on Aj its on all wrestlers with the attire unlock misc- no winning sounds and no winning sound on the original first attires at all. I hope that you can fix it because it really sucks. I see you are a pro in this section and hopefully you get this fixed. Thanks for your awnser.

Edited by Andy

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Thats not 100'% correct because what i understand from your writting is that the first Attire from Aj still modded must have the winning music with the attire unlock misc because this attire is original ingame? But it doesnt work anyway. I have restored the original misc.pac and there i have winning sounds on all wrestlers again. Its not only on Aj its on all wrestlers with the attire unlock misc- no winning sounds and no winning sound on the original first attires at all. I hope that you can fix it because it really sucks. I see you are a pro in this section and hopefully you get this fixed. Thanks for your awnser.

It should definitely work normally with the attires that already existed in the game (even if they are replaced with modded ones). The misc file really doesn't have anything to do with entrance or winning music, so I don't see how it could be causing this.

Which wrestlers and attires exactly are affected for you in which game mode and which match types?

Has anybody else see this happening to them? I remember there being a bug in earlier versions on the consoles where the winning music would remain silent, but not on the PC.
Also make sure to dial all the audio volume way up in the game options (if it's like the previous games, the winning music may be tied to a different slider than the Entrance music).

Edited by Cave Waverider

The Universal Alternate Attire Unlock has been updated and the download link is available in the top post:

2017.02.14: Version 1.0.1 Beta

+ Replaced the old custom string_win.pac with the Super "Future-Proof" String created in collaboration with @LordJustice17 and @pozzum for the English version of the game.

It happens with Ultimate Warrior,Aj, Bret Hart (Every guy that has more than the original attires -( more pac files) i have put in his WWE2k16 pac´s. But it happens again i select his first normal Attire from 2k17 and i have no sound after winning (Warrior, Bret, Aj). So i switched back to the normal misc and i have the winning sound, so it must be something with the misc.. I really dont know what this problem is.. I have a multi version of 2k17 (german) so the string thing dont work for me ? The game mode and match types have nothing to do because i played 2 days long with the Attire unlock misc and i dont have winning music this days, and i played all sort of match types.. (Universal, Normal, Tlc, Extreme Rules, chamber ....)

Edited by Andy

1 hour ago, Andy said:

It happens with Ultimate Warrior,Aj, Bret Hart (Every guy that has more than the original attires -( more pac files) i have put in his WWE2k16 pac´s. But it happens again i select his first normal Attire from 2k17 and i have no sound after winning (Warrior, Bret, Aj). So i switched back to the normal misc and i have the winning sound, so it must be something with the misc.. I really dont know what this problem is.. I have a multi version of 2k17 (german) so the string thing dont work for me ? The game mode and match types have nothing to do because i played 2 days long with the Attire unlock misc and i dont have winning music this days, and i played all sort of match types.. (Universal, Normal, Tlc, Extreme Rules, chamber ....)

Sorry, I can't repdroduce this. I've tried all of the wrestlers you mentioned (although Bret Hart only has one attire by default) and the game types, too. Winning music works fine on the original attires.

Do you have the Season pass/Deluxe Edition of the original Steam Game? I wonder if people without the DLC get this problem because the game doesn't read all of this misc file and reads a lower version one instead.

You could also try to set your game to English in the Steam game properties and see if that helps.

You have the same "no sound after winning" on Aj problem, because you uploaded a file that fix this. And this sort of problem happens on every wrestler when you add new pac´s. On the first original or on the new attires. Its not only on Aj! Its on every guy when you add new pacs. I have downloaded Bret Harts new Attires here on the forum. I added myself all the warriors 2k16 attires to 2k17. (rename pac files for entrance and ring attire).Only problem by adding 2k16 pacs is that the hair dont move. It sucks to fix every guys winning music after adding some attires(pacs). I switched back the original misc and all works, than i switch back your attire unlock misc and the sound after winning removes... You had exact the same problem with aj. But its not only on Aj. I have the full game (steam - with all Dlc´s). But i try to set my game to english maybe that fix it. Thanks for all your help.

Edited by Andy

2 hours ago, Andy said:

You have the same "no sound after winning" on Aj problem, because you uploaded a file that fix this. And this sort of problem happens on every wrestler when you add new pac´s. On the first original or on the new attires. Its not only on Aj! Its on every guy when you add new pacs. I have downloaded Bret Harts new Attires here on the forum. I added myself all the warriors 2k16 attires to 2k17. (rename pac files for entrance and ring attire).Only problem by adding 2k16 pacs is that the hair dont move. It sucks to fix every guys winning music after adding some attires(pacs). I switched back the original misc and all works, than i switch back your attire unlock misc and the sound after winning removes... You had exact the same problem with aj. But its not only on Aj. I have the full game (steam - with all Dlc´s). But i try to set my game to english maybe that fix it. Thanks for all your help.

No, I didn't have the same problem with AJ (at least from what I understood your problem is). The Attire 1 always had winning music (no matter if it's the original ch*.pac file or a modded one that replaced it), even without the workaround. The workaround in the .moveset file for AJ I've provided is just to make the winning music play for the additional attires (2-10) that aren't available in the game by default. You said that even the original attires don't have winning music for you for some reason, which doesn't appear to happen to myself or anyone else I've talked to so far.

If you do want winning music for additional wrestlers and additional attires that weren't made available by 2k in the game, you'll have to apply the workaround in the moveset file of that particular wrestler. This will be achievable with the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 if everything goes well.

But maybe I misunderstood. Feel free to send me a private message in German and explain what happens to you again in detail and we can continue the conversation there.

Edited by Cave Waverider

A new version of the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock has been released. The Download link is available in the top post.

Update Notes:

2017.02.17: Version 1.1.0

+ Changed the Attire name values to ones already available in the original game string, which should make them appear properly in all languages.
+ Removed string_win.pac from the mod, as it's no longer needed for the attire names. You can download the Super String separately if you wish to use it, it remains fully compatible, as is the original string_win.pac that comes with the game.
+ This modification is no longer in Beta status.

Confirmed to work for all available languages now:

70f3f54b3b.png

PS.: I've also updated the Super String with additional modded strings for all supported languages. It is no longer included with the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock, but you can download it from @pozzum's thread by clicking here.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Twistedmisery666™ said:

installed the fix for music she says the club then phenomenal aj styles after you win ?

That's just a bug with the game's tag team announcing. It's the same on consoles, too. Just pretend it's one of those infamous Lillian Garcia announcement messups. ;) Or set the team announce name to None.

Edited by Cave Waverider

15 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

That's just a bug with the game's tag team announcing. It's the same on consoles, too. Just pretend it's one of those infamous Lillian Garcia announcement messups. ;) Or set the team announce name to None.

Haha ok bro