1 hour ago, Jules145 said:

Is anyone else having a problem unlocking attires for Superstars in Data Editor?

Not really. You'll have to be more specific if you'd like me to help. Please describe in detail (step by step would be ideal) what you were doing and what the result was.

Edited by Cave Waverider

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

Not really. You'll have to be more specific if you'd like me to help. Please describe in detail (step by step would be ideal) what you were doing and what the result was.

Well I followed the steps. I opened Data Editor, went to the Universal Unlocker tool tab, switched Summer Rae to Randy Orton, saved it, opened the game, and the 10 attires were not showing. I even tried with the game closed and opened. Even restarted it and nothing changed. Summer still had to 10 attires.

37 minutes ago, Jules145 said:

Well I followed the steps. I opened Data Editor, went to the Universal Unlocker tool tab, switched Summer Rae to Randy Orton, saved it, opened the game, and the 10 attires were not showing. I even tried with the game closed and opened. Even restarted it and nothing changed. Summer still had to 10 attires.

That's odd. Did you get any error messages when starting the game, installing the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock or pressing the "Save Data to misc01_start_p40.pac file" button?
Look at the date and time the misc01_start_p40.pac in your WWE2k17\pac\ folder was last modified. Does that coincide with the date and time you made the changes?
Does your Windows account have permission to write in the WWE 2k17 directory? You could try to manually force the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 to run as Administrator, although it should already request that from your OS.
Did you install the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (especially the misc01_start_p40.pac included) properly or are you simply forcing it on a incompatible misc01_start_p40.pac file that doesn't support 100 slots for wrestlers with alternate attires (like the game's original file)?
Are you sure you've pointed the Data Editor to the WWE2K17_x64.exe where the game is installed (some people have multiple installations and don't even know about it)?
Make sure you don't have any backups of the misc01_start_p40.pac file in your pac folder (or anywhere in the game folder), as that could override the changed file.
Also, make sure that the game isn't running while you make changes to .pac files (which is what the Alternate Attire Unlocker does), as the game only loads them at game startup (I guess it wasn't from what you've posted, but just in case).
I don't know what else you could try. Maybe you could try to restart Windows to clear the memory/WWE 2k17's cache and see if that helps.

Edited by Cave Waverider

1 hour ago, Jules145 said:

Also, make sure Randy Orton isnt also selected in a previous slot...

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 10:14 PM, Cave Waverider said:

That's odd. Did you get any error messages when starting the game, installing the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock or pressing the "Save Data to misc01_start_p40.pac file" button?
Look at the date and time the misc01_start_p40.pac in your WWE2k17\pac\ folder was last modified. Does that coincide with the date and time you made the changes?
Does your Windows account have permission to write in the WWE 2k17 directory? You could try to manually force the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 to run as Administrator, although it should already request that from your OS.
Did you install the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock (especially the misc01_start_p40.pac included) properly or are you simply forcing it on a incompatible misc01_start_p40.pac file that doesn't support 100 slots for wrestlers with alternate attires (like the game's original file)?
Are you sure you've pointed the Data Editor to the WWE2K17_x64.exe where the game is installed (some people have multiple installations and don't even know about it)?
Make sure you don't have any backups of the misc01_start_p40.pac file in your pac folder (or anywhere in the game folder), as that could override the changed file.
Also, make sure that the game isn't running while you make changes to .pac files (which is what the Alternate Attire Unlocker does), as the game only loads them at game startup (I guess it wasn't from what you've posted, but just in case).
I don't know what else you could try. Maybe you could try to restart Windows to clear the memory/WWE 2k17's cache and see if that helps.

When I did the manual method where I just change it through hex, It shows in Data Editor that it has changed but when I go into the game, nothing has changed. Which is odd. 

7 hours ago, Jules145 said:

When I did the manual method where I just change it through hex, It shows in Data Editor that it has changed but when I go into the game, nothing has changed. Which is odd. 

If you don't have Orton in there twice, this means that you probably have some other version of the file that is read instead. A backup, perhaps? Do any other mods work for you?
Do you have the latest version of the game installed and fully updated via Steam?
Do you have the Season Pass or do you have any DLC installed and if so, which one(s)?

Edited by Cave Waverider

13 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

If you don't have Orton in there twice, this means that you probably have some other version of the file that is read instead. A backup, perhaps? Do any other mods work for you?
Do you have the latest version of the game installed and fully updated via Steam?
Do you have the Season Pass or do you have any DLC installed and if so, which one(s)?

Thank you for the help. I managed to find the problem. Apparently, there was another misc01 file in the ch folder. Don't know how it got there but i removed and now it started to work. I'm a happy camper now!

3 hours ago, kwonnwo said:

I have the same issue.

At first, attire unlock no problem.

But, when I added more than 30 wrestlers, the unlock effect was lost.

What's wrong? I'm sure there are some problem

Weird. Did the Data Editor for WWE 2k17 bring up any errors or warnings?

Ensure that you don't have any duplicates, backups or other copies of the misc01_start_p40.pac file in your game folder and sub-folders somewhere (even with different file type like .bak etc.).

Did you install the Universal Alternate Attire Unlock? If not and you're just using the game's original misc file, you will be able to unlock alternate attires for much less than 100 wrestlers. Bring up the Attire Unlocker, then click on the "Reinstall Universal Alternate Attire Unlock" button and see if that fixes it. Be aware that you'll have to redo the wrestlers and attire names then, however (you can save the attire names for each wrestler you edited them for in an .attire_names file, however, and re-load them later).

Edited by Cave Waverider

Hi Cave,

I have one little question/suggestion. Is it possible to add a "overall preview" to pofo editor? 

It would be cool to know how high this value is before installing a pofo to the game. Right now is kinda trial-and-error job. 

Thanks

Edited by iamtheVP

7 hours ago, kwonnwo said:

I have the same issue.

At first, attire unlock no problem.

But, when I added more than 30 wrestlers, the unlock effect was lost.

What's wrong? I'm sure there are some problem

My problem was that I had a duplicate misc01 file in the ch folder. Check there to see if there's an extra one. If there is one, remove it. That solved my problem.

10 hours ago, iamtheVP said:

Hi Cave,

I have one little question/suggestion. Is it possible to add a "overall preview" to pofo editor? 

It would be cool to know how high this value is before installing a pofo to the game. Right now is kinda trial-and-error job. 

Thanks

What's the exact formula for that? It isn't just an average of attributes, although they factor in, it also seems to take other things like skills, Abilities, etc. into account, and possibly some hidden stuff. If you can figure out the exact formula, I'll see what I can do. I don't think I'll waste time reverse engineering the formula since the overall value ísn't really all that important anyway and baloons up no matter if you just increase one of the promo stats or Foreign object damage. It also would be quite alot of work since I'd have to have it be recalculated whenever any GUI box is changed that affects the value. I don't think it's really worth the hassle.

Is anyone having trouble with CCT and Data Editor after the steam update? When I try to inject a new pofo/moveset it says 2K17 isnt running or on main menu... but it is!... I tried injecting the clean bulk thingy and reinstalled the string pac thingy... but not working...

I have installed Curb Stomp City's CM Punk mod.How can I assign commentary and announce name to it?

I mean can I edit pofos to get custom names (not other wrestlers names) for commentary and announcement?

29 minutes ago, UTKR said:

I have installed Curb Stomp City's CM Punk mod.How can I assign commentary and announce name to it?

I mean can I edit pofos to get custom names (not other wrestlers names) for commentary and announcement?

Not really. You can load the .pofo and change the Announcer Settings to assign a commentary Name/ID to him that is used by the game and it'll use that commentary for him (do read the warning text in the Data Editor though when you do that). In theory, you could then use Sound Editor 2017 to change that commentary to that of Punk (you'll have to ask the audio experts how to do that, though).
The Announce name you can't set in the .pofo or .moveset (as far as we know), it is apparently tied to the slot the wrestler is in.

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Not really. You can load the .pofo and change the Announcer Settings to assign a commentary Name/ID to him that is used by the game and it'll use that commentary for him (do read the warning text in the Data Editor though when you do that). In theory, you could then use Sound Editor 2017 to change that commentary to that of Punk (you'll have to ask the audio experts how to do that, though).
The Announce name you can't set in the .pofo or .moveset (as far as we know), it is apparently tied to the slot the wrestler is in.

Okay. Thanks.