tomwearsglasses - WCW/nWo/WWF Mods; Warrior Updated, Greg Valentine Rhythm & Blues Released

tomwearsglasses

6 minutes ago, MatMania said:

@tomwearsglasses thanks so much man.

@Robbie686 cool man, glad they're getting use. Out of interest I thought to get he correct name anD town you'd have to go over the individual town and weight calls, no? Since in the earlier games town and weight is a single sound file. 

What i did was put him to zero lbs and write over Miami Florida with his extra bits - There has to be a way around that though?

The only way to overwrite that is to replace LG weight calls with Finkle. 

You could take a Finkle weight announcement such as 285 pounds.. separate them such as the following:

Weighing in at

and 85 pounds

then inject the 200 sound bit into the LG 200 slot and the "and 85 pounds" into the LG slot for the 85 pounds  

You will also have to swap out her "weighing in at" part and cut out Finkle saying that part.

The announcements are LOCATION > WEIGHT > NAME 

Edited by TheBleedingRed21

31 minutes ago, MatMania said:

@tomwearsglasses 'HTM and Slaughter are in 2K17 so you should be able to find them with Sound Editor.' - hmmm oddly can't find either in '17, and there isn't Honky's main call in '16, as in it hasn't been found. Any chance you have HTM's?

I see...

It looks like in 2k17 that those two aren't in the ra_m.pck file.  There are a bunch of Lillian Garcia announce sounds in the comm_ch files - so my guess is that they're probably in there and thus haven't been catalogued yet.  I catalogued the first comm_common1_m file and started working on comm_common2_m - and neither seem to have Lillian Garcia sounds so you can at least narrow the search to the comm_ch ones.  Unfortunately if it isn't labeled, it's somewhere in the abyss of remaining unlabeled sound files.

Basically, if you want them, you'll have to find them.  I you do decide to go sound file spelunking and label as you go - I can add that data back into the main file for everyone.  I'd just need for you to send me a CLEAN version of your custom_data.xml (clean meaning you didn't rename any existing entries - because that creates duplicate entries and causes the program to crash) - I can integrate that into the main database for everyone.  I've been casually working on the comm_common2_m.pck file next - but given how time consuming it is that'll probably be about as far I get this year by myself.  The game just has too many sound ID's for a one man project.  Later today or tomorrow I'll post the labeling structure I've been using to make it easier for people to search for all references (announcing and commentary) based on wrestler name or content category.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 7:13 PM, Wizard3 said:

great job on bobby faces texture tom!! ;)

Thanks!  I know Eri offered to re-do his face, but since he's good at face modding I'm hoping this frees him up to spend more time making new guys :D

By the way, I made one more Arn-managing attire.  This is from when he was the "Coach" for the Horsemen at the '96 Great American Bash.  As far as I can tell the only match he managed (and he specifically used the word coach - I'm guessing he had an insurance policy he was trying to get around) in WCW.

I'm working on his entrance videos and stuff this week, but I'm going to hold off on releasing him until you and Eri are ready with your Brainbusters.

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, since Photobucket decided to break the internet, what do people think is the best place to host images that can be embedded on this forum?

Also, since I'll have to re-do everything on my main post anyways... I remember before the recent forum update that there was a spoiler button that I could tag content with on posts.  Does that still exist somewhere?

Edited by tomwearsglasses

Photobucket images still work, but there's no more hotlinking for free accounts. In order to enable hotlinking in Photobucket, you have to pay a yearly fee of $399.........

31 minutes ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Ok, since Photobucket decided to break the internet, what do people think is the best place to host images that can be embedded on this forum?

Also, since I'll have to re-do everything on my main post anyways... I remember before the recent forum update that there was a spoiler button that I could tag content with on posts.  Does that still exist somewhere?

I always use tinypic never seemed to have any problems with it :) 

ooo I'm at about 70% completion of stock announce files now so shouldn't be to long and i can start making custom announcements for your WCW superstars and tag team announcements  😁😜

Edited by Robbie686

Photobucket... YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!

12 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

Photobucket images still work, but there's no more hotlinking for free accounts. In order to enable hotlinking in Photobucket, you have to pay a yearly fee of $399.........

It's such a dick move because in addition to doing this without notice, they have always included an easy to copy IMG embed link next to every image.  Sigh.

Also, a few minutes ago when I went to my photobucket albums, I was actually seeing that same 'give me money' image blocking me from directly viewing some of my pictures as well.  A second ago I couldn't get anything to load at all.  So if you have anything there you need - I recommend backing it up.

12 minutes ago, Robbie686 said:

I always use tinypic never seemed to have any problems with it :) 

ooo I'm at about 70% completion of stock announce files now so shouldn't be to long and iv can start making custom announcements for your WCW superstars and tag team announcements  😁😜

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just created an account - but while doing so I noticed they are owned by Photobucket, which is at the top of my list of web companies I don't trust (see above proclamation).

As for your project, that's awesome!  I've been doing some work trying to figure out how the game handles sound files with the goal of being able to add (as opposed to only replace) sounds.  No promises but I'm kinda optimistic about it ;).

16 minutes ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Photobucket... YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!

It's such a dick move because in addition to doing this without notice, they have always included an easy to copy IMG embed link next to every image.  Sigh.

Also, a few minutes ago when I went to my photobucket albums, I was actually seeing that same 'give me money' image blocking me from directly viewing some of my pictures as well.  A second ago I couldn't get anything to load at all.  So if you have anything there you need - I recommend backing it up.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just created an account - but while doing so I noticed they are owned by Photobucket, which is at the top of my list of web companies I don't trust (see above proclamation).

As for your project, that's awesome!  I've been doing some work trying to figure out how the game handles sound files with the goal of being able to add (as opposed to only replace) sounds.  No promises but I'm kinda optimistic about it ;).

It would be awesome if we could replace the create a superstar names and assign them some how guess it's just gonna take some digging. Until then it's gonna have to be replacements 😜

WCW/nWo Backstage Revenge State of the Union Address

11vp1s3.jpg

Happy Fourth of July to those here that celebrate it!  Since photobucket delinked all of my pictures, I figure this is a good time to clean up my thread and give a general project update.

My long-term intention continues to be to create a WCW-centric game experience.  Unfortunately building up all of the necessary assets is taking a lot longer than I had hoped.  So it looks like I'll be carrying on with this project into the next year.  A few people have already been generous enough to offer their mods to be included in the final product, which is awesome and helps tremendously.  If anyone has made WCW stuff they'd be willing to include, or if anyone would like to help to create more things, please contact me.  My main focus right now is still to build up the WCW version of the roster and create assets for menus, arenas, shows, etc.  But ultimately by the time the project is finished I'm sure WWE 2K18 will have been released.  I'm not sure which game will be the final destination for this but I'm going to base the decision around these key factors:

1) Are they adding any new features worth getting excited about?  Specifically I wish we could have a PC game that has the create a story option from 2k14.  It had a lot of cool things that haven't made it into new games, like being able to script your own promos and segments, and book entire cards yourself.

2) How are things going to port from previous games?  If they change up the file structures or make it harder to mod then switching over wouldn't be worth it.

3) How good is the WCW arena selection (in-game and mods)?

This won't really have an effect on anyone interested in my mods, as I'll continue to release characters and other components as individual mods along the way.

My next character mods will be two Bobby Heenan packs (10 WWF attires and 5 WCW attires), and a slightly more random WWF Rhythm & Blues Greg Valentine ;).  I made a few of the Bobby Heenan ones  intending for him to replace Jerry Lawler at the announce table, but from the testing I've been doing it doesn't look like you can straight inject a regular ch file into an announcer slot, nor can you inject a full body model into another.  So getting that to work is going to be another project in and of itself.  Here are some new preview images:

Wrestlemania III Bobby Heenan

w1bpu0.jpg

Nitro Dec 97 Bobby Heenan (from when he announced he was switching sides to the nWo)

2zqxy1j.jpg

Rhythm & Blues Greg Valentine

qn8zn6.jpg

After they're finished, I'm going to spend some time doing testing to see if I can figure out a way around some of the limitations of the game as it stands for us now.

Specifically, there are three ideas I want to explore:

Idea 1) Break down the sound file structure, so that we can add sounds (instead of just replace) - including theme songs and commentary from previous games.  I really believe it's possible if we can figure out how to manipulate the bnk files (which are in some of the pck files).  It's just gonna take some time and energy to develop a thorough understanding of the file structure.

Idea 2) See if there's a way to create something similar to a pofo file for arenas and/or shows.  In theory we should be able to switch shows from the regular and downloaded arenas, make changes, etc. similarly to how we do it with characters (though probably more complicated because arenas have a lot more interrelated parts).

Idea 3) Renders for all!

No idea if we can get any of this working, but I plan to try.  @TheVisitorX, @Cave Waverider, and I have been inching forward at least on the audio front.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, HyperVoxel said:

Why do I have to "upgrade" my account to view images?

You don't.  It's a move that the Slapdicks* at Photobucket pulled on their free account holders (see my recent ranty posts).

Basically, a few days ago they took everyone's embedded images and replaced them with that sales pitch to get them to buy $400 a year accounts to fix it.

Obviously I'm not doing that, so I have to move all my old images to another service.  In the meantime I'm stuck with those obnoxious messages.

*Slapdicks trademark Tony Schiavone.

• 2 months later...

Bobby Heenan Tribute Packs Released

Hey everyone, I've been away for a while just due to being super busy at work (not bored of modding or anything like that).  But today I heard the unfortunate news that the world lost one of the all time greats in Bobby Heenan today.  He was one of my favorite things about wrestling, it sucks that he's been sick for so long and he'll truly be missed by this world.  I hope wherever he is he's back with Gorilla Monsoon - accusing him of peeling bananas with his feet.

Bobby Heenan WWF Pack

This pack adds Bobby Heenan as a fully playable character with 10 attires.  The default attire is included because it (along with the others) has a new face texture.  Includes a pofo/moveset to install and includes full moveset, entrance, video, and themes.

95xyyh.jpg

Attires:
01    41CD   Default
02    424C    Shiny Jacket
03    4295    Wrestlemania III
04    418E    Summerslam '88
05    42A0    Wrestlemania V
06    40F0    Summerslam '89
07    08C9    Bobby Heenan Show
08    40F1    Summerslam '90 (2K15)
09    4287    Wrestlemania X-Seven
10    4123    Wrestling Singlet (Wrestlefest '88)

Not sure if these have been released yet, but when they are: the Wrestlemania V and Summerslam '89 attire's are meant to compliment  @eri619 and @Wizard3's Brainbusters Tully and Arn mods, and the Summerslam '88 attire matches @MatMania's Rick Rude :)

Bobby Heenan WCW Pack

This pack adds Bobby Heenan as a fully playable character with 5 attires.  Includes a pofo/moveset to install and includes full moveset, entrance, video, and themes.

17rdj7.jpg

Attires:
01    4127    Black Tuxedo
02    C3EE   Clash of the Champions XXVI
03    42A8    Great American Bash '96
04    427D    Nitro Dec '97
05    4123    Singlet

Fun Facts.  The Clash attire is from his WCW debut.  The Bash '96 attire was from the only WCW match that he 'managed' (I think he used the word 'coach' to avoid breaking his insurance policy restrictions).  The Nitro attire was from the night when he announced he was abandoning WCW and joining the nWo.  He never wore a singlet in WCW, but I try to give the managers an in-ring attire in case you want them on your active roster ;)

One zip file for each pack.  Download link for this and all my 2k17 mods on first page or right here (Character Mods folder):  https://mega.nz/#F!I90zBb4b!nZObXdmtqURd-2FIGORTHg 

• Like 8
  • Too Sweet 2