tomwearsglasses - WCW/nWo/WWF Mods; Warrior Updated, Greg Valentine Rhythm & Blues Released

tomwearsglasses

7 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Awesome pack. I Love that you included the .attire_names file to load into the Data Editor for WWE 2k17, too. It's even more convenient than I thought it would be. :)

I'm very muhc looking forward to the Curt Hennig pack as well. :)

I' afraid I'm unfamiliar with this brand. TA... something?

Yeah, I love that new feature!

Good suggestions all on the kneepads.  I'm thinking that it might be an athletic company that existed in the 90's but not today (which would explain why exhaustive Google searching hasn't come up with anything).  I can't find any evidence that PRO or TRACE used other logos - but that doesn't necessarily mean that they didn't.

OR - since I skimmed through most of Hennig's 1999-2000 matches on the Network and that was the clearest screenshot I was able to get - maybe he just preferred to wear kneepads with blurry logos.

1 hour ago, Slambuca said:

sorry i fixed it, was my noscript firefox plug in blocking it, how do i install the attire_names file?

Oh, good. The attire_names file is added using Data Editor (specifically the Attire Unlocker feature). I should have put some basic info in the accompanying text file.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 7:58 PM, tomwearsglasses said:

Working on WCW title match graphics.  

TitleGfx_Test_1_1.jpg  TitleGfx_Test_2_1.jpg

Ignore the fact that it's not shiny or 3d yet (also missing the WCW logo).  First I'm trying to match the font as closely as possible.  Right now I'm using Optima for the smaller words and Optima Extra Black for the larger words.  It's pretty close in terms of style and weight, but I wish the O and the D were less rounded.  Wondering if anyone knows fonts well enough to suggest anything else, otherwise I'll continue working with this.

The font WCW used when they switched the logo is called Serpentine (most familiar as the font for the logo of the show Babylon 5).

It's also the font used on their JMar-version Tag Title belts. I hope that was helpful!

(Btw, I don't suppose you did any Mr.Perfect mods for his nWo singlet or his classic AWA look?)

(Also, a good utility to "find" for 3d text animation is BluffTitler; I haven't figured out how to get a transparent background on it yet, but I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere since it supports exporting AVI-with-transparency videos)

Edited by fullMETAL
BluffTitler recommendation
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 7:58 PM, tomwearsglasses said:

Working on WCW title match graphics.  

TitleGfx_Test_1_1.jpg  TitleGfx_Test_2_1.jpg

Ignore the fact that it's not shiny or 3d yet (also missing the WCW logo).  First I'm trying to match the font as closely as possible.  Right now I'm using Optima for the smaller words and Optima Extra Black for the larger words.  It's pretty close in terms of style and weight, but I wish the O and the D were less rounded.  Wondering if anyone knows fonts well enough to suggest anything else, otherwise I'll continue working with this.

That's awesome! LOL I just marked out a little bit

On 3/24/2017 at 6:43 PM, fullMETAL said:

The font WCW used when they switched the logo is called Serpentine (most familiar as the font for the logo of the show Babylon 5).

It's also the font used on their JMar-version Tag Title belts. I hope that was helpful!

(Btw, I don't suppose you did any Mr.Perfect mods for his nWo singlet or his classic AWA look?)

(Also, a good utility to "find" for 3d text animation is BluffTitler; I haven't figured out how to get a transparent background on it yet, but I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere since it supports exporting AVI-with-transparency videos)

Thank you!

That's extremely helpful.  Unfortunately I already did most of the animations using the Optima font set, but tweaking the characters to look more like the Serpentine source.  I'm probably going to release the ones I've done because I spent a lot of time on them already and I want to move on to other projects.  But at some point once I've finished some of the other mods I'm planning I'll come back and re-do them.

4 hours ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

That's awesome! LOL I just marked out a little bit

I wanna squeeze every ounce of WCW that I can into this game :cool:

1 hour ago, Perfectplex said:

Ah the Mr Perfect attire pack again :) takes pride of place in my ch folder just as it did last year.

If you have a HennigPlex alter ego he's going to be happy pretty soon too ;)

22 minutes ago, hovathagod32 said:

I have those fonts btw.. 

Send me screen caps, clips or timestamps of whatever overlays there are and I can make them.

Thanks.  I just grabbed Serpentine, which I'll use at some point when I revise the title animations.

To commemorate the 16th anniversary of the last ever WCW show today, here's a preview of some of the my upcoming ports and some previews of new stuff I've been working on.

WCW Backstage Assault Upcoming Mods March 26 Teaser

Everything is taking a lot longer than I had hoped, but my goal is still to create a WCW-centered version of the game.  I'm planning on re-doing the backstage area and as much of the menu presentation as possible.  I'll also be periodically working on WCW attires for WWF/E characters in the game (i.e. Mr. Perfect to Curt Hennig).

By the way - if anyone here that's good at face modding is looking for suggestions, here is my top five important WCW character wish list:

• Tony Schiavone
  • Eric Bischoff
  • Gene Okerlund
  • Charles Robinson
  • Vince Russo

The Curt Hennig pack will be out first, probably this weekend.

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 13

17 hours ago, tomwearsglasses said:

To commemorate the 16th anniversary of the last ever WCW show today, here's a preview of some of the my upcoming ports and some previews of new stuff I've been working on.

WCW Backstage Assault Upcoming Mods March 26 Teaser

Everything is taking a lot longer than I had hoped, but my goal is still to create a WCW-centered version of the game.  I'm planning on re-doing the backstage area and as much of the menu presentation as possible.  I'll also be periodically working on WCW attires for WWF/E characters in the game (i.e. Mr. Perfect to Curt Hennig).

By the way - if anyone here that's good at face modding is looking for suggestions, here is my top five important WCW character wish list:

• Tony Schiavone
  • Eric Bischoff
  • Gene Okerlund
  • Charles Robinson
  • Vince Russo

The Curt Hennig pack will be out first, probably this weekend.

Think Tony Schiavone and Charles Robinson will be two I take a shot at this weekend.

Getting ready to attempt a Mr. Fuji. I'm hoping to get this game filled with as much eras as possible. Once we all pretty much cover the Golden Era, Attitude, WCW and Current I want to fill in the gaps for ECW too. Guys like New Jack, etc just one mega game lol

• Like 4

That teaser video is awesome :D

14 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

I'll make sure to make as much WCW name as I can with Howard Finkel. (And renders/Theme as well). already saw a few things I want in there, can't wait.

I'm gonna make an educated guess here and say that he'll probably be using the Mean Gene entrance sounds from WCW Mayhem :D

10 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

I'm gonna make an educated guess here and say that he'll probably be using the Mean Gene entrance sounds from WCW Mayhem :D

True... Didn't think about it.

34 minutes ago, 4 Life said:

booo 4Life i love Mean Gene but we need David Penzer, for us WCW fans hes like our Howard Finkel ;) he had a unique way of ring announcing i did not realized i missed until i started watching the network wcw stuff again....What happen 2 our good old wrassling :(

BTW @tomwearsglasses love the teaser, love the Hugh Morris great job and the 2 my stolen flair robe, and yea just everything, a lot of great work tom thank you! ;)

This looks so great, sick work dude!

As an aside how difficult is it to change backstage graphics like the door signage and road case logos? I've been looking into it but finding info on it pretty sparse.