tomwearsglasses - WCW/nWo/WWF Mods; Warrior Updated, Greg Valentine Rhythm & Blues Released

tomwearsglasses

10 minutes ago, Whiskeymania said:

This looks so great, sick work dude!

As an aside how difficult is it to change backstage graphics like the door signage and road case logos? I've been looking into it but finding info on it pretty sparse. 

It's a combination of arentrance78.pac and a bunch of props in the /pac/prop folder. It's not particularly difficult, just time consuming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordJustice17 said:

It's a combination of arentrance78.pac and a bunch of props in the /pac/prop folder. It's not particularly difficult, just time consuming.

I can handle my time being consumed.. I'll have a poke around, thanks for the heads up man. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wizard3 said:

booo 4Life i love Mean Gene but we need David Penzer, for us WCW fans hes like our Howard Finkel ;) he had a unique way of ring announcing i did not realized i missed until i started watching the network wcw stuff again....What happen 2 our good old wrassling :(

BTW @tomwearsglasses love the teaser, love the Hugh Morris great job and the 2 my stolen flair robe, and yea just everything, a lot of great work tom thank you! ;)

Yeah, kinda sucks that there are no games that he did the announcing in or he'd definitely be the one. Whereas all the Mean Gene audio is right there for the picking when it comes to a WCW roster and he's the next best choice really.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 1:20 PM, Davehinnegan1986 said:

Looks cool! did you make that Hugh Morris mod?

Yup!  It's based off the Bill DeMott model from 2K15 so it has all the facial expressions intact.

20 hours ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

Think Tony Schiavone and Charles Robinson will be two I take a shot at this weekend.

Getting ready to attempt a Mr. Fuji. I'm hoping to get this game filled with as much eras as possible. Once we all pretty much cover the Golden Era, Attitude, WCW and Current I want to fill in the gaps for ECW too. Guys like New Jack, etc just one mega game lol

That would be amazing.  I'm going to make announcer attires for Bobby Heenan and Larry Zbyszko - which would complete the broadcast booth.

Your other stuff sounds great too.

16 hours ago, 4 Life said:

That teaser video is awesome :D

I'm gonna make an educated guess here and say that he'll probably be using the Mean Gene entrance sounds from WCW Mayhem :D

Actually I was gonna swap out Rene Young and have Mene Gene do the backstage interview cutscenes.

I would love to get Mene Gene audio in there, but realistically I don't know when I'll be able to get to it.  @Wizard3 Unfortunately David Penzer never recording commentary for a game, so the only way to get him would be to pull the audio from the shows.  But then you get into issues with him usually talking over theme songs, crowd noise, and the other announcers - so it would be really difficult.  Gary Michael Cappetta is also legit WCW and he did the announcing for Legends of Wrestlemania Showdown.  Probably a less popular choice for Monday Night Wars era fans, but the upside is that I think he recorded more distinct names of wrestlers that weren't in the game.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2017 at 6:56 AM, tomwearsglasses said:

Curt Hennig Pack Released!

193_CurtHennigPack.jpg

Download link on first post.  Wooooo!

I always told myself I wouldn't ever see a need to go beyond 10 attires for a character.........I lied.

• Like 4

great job tom love the mr P and Curt Hennig wcw attires great job and exactly at what perfectplex said lol ;) I just cant believe u ripped off the sleeves of a "perfect" ric flair robe to make #9 attire lol whats wrong with u tom lol ;)

• Like 1

On ‎29‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 7:56 AM, tomwearsglasses said:

Curt Hennig Pack Released!

193_CurtHennigPack.jpg

Download link on first post.  Wooooo!

Amazing. All attires work fine, except the West Texas Rednecks entrance attire, which crashes the game when loading the match for me. The ring attire works fine, however. I hope you will be able to fix it, @tomwearsglasses.

Edited by Cave Waverider

Curt Hennig Pack and Authentic Nitro Intro Updated!

Thanks for the catch @Cave Waverider.  I accidentally packed the wrong file for the West Texas Rednecks attire.  I fixed it and re-uploaded the pack.

I also updated the Monday Nitro '97 intro to raise the volume so it sounds better in-game.  I recommending re-downloading both.

WCW_Nitro_97_Authentic.jpg

Finally, I moved everything to one download link at the top of the page, to make it easier to find (and make it quicker for me to add stuff).

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 1

I'm pretty close to finishing the Halloween Havoc '97 Warrior.

He's all done and working well in 2K16, but the hair animation doesn't translate to 2K17.  Luckily, the base that I'm using is from the Warrior '91 attire which exists in both games.  So his second attire in 2K17 should have the hair animation I need.

The trouble I'm running into is as follows:

I'm adding the Wolfpac Sting jacket for his entrance attire. Because of this, I have to build a new pach file in Xpacker.  When I do that, it works in both games, but the hair doesn't in 2K17.  If I try and swap in the 2K17 hair model and physics (2715 and 2580), it doesn't seem to change anything.

I'm thinking I might have to rebuild the 2K17 sdhc pach with the additional object, but I only know how to make new pach files to the old format (which freezes the game with those objects).

Any ideas/suggestions?

you're going to lose hair animation with sting's jacket. best bet is to use warrior's hair physics and deal without the physics of the jacket. you can use a 2K16 pach, just make sure to compress your files and keep it under 80mb.

can't really add too many yobj's to a 2K17 shdc because you'll end up losing hair completely. so far from experience, it seems that you can only add a 001a file. the 001b will add but it won't show up, or if it does you won't have hair

Warrior Pack Released!

Link on first post.  By default it replaces the first attire (Warrior '90).

___

@Def Dave Quick work sir.  I didn't even finish posting the announcement ;)

@hovathagod32 Thanks for that info.  I hadn't tried injecting the jacket animation (it looks pretty decent as-is), but I think I was mixing up hair and animation files that didn't play nice together (also zlib compressing everything helped).  I figured it out and posted the info somewhere in the Help forum in case someone else runs into the same issue.

• Like 11