Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

16 minutes ago, HidanGame said:

Hello Friend @TheVisitorX... I have a problem each time i try to do something i get that =/

1486840537-sound-editor-2017-02-11-20-10

It is a known issue. Problem is the thousands separator your language uses :/. SE only supports "," and "." as separator for now. I will see what I can do to help.

Edited by TheVisitorX

If i change the language of my PC can it help ? 

EDIT : I Change the Region of my PC and it worked thanks again for telling me it where was the problem mate ^^ 

10 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

It is a known issue. Problem is the thousands separator your language uses :/. SE only supports "," and "." as separator for now. I will see what I can do to help.

Edited by HidanGame

5 minutes ago, HidanGame said:

If i change the language of my PC can it help ? 

You don't have to change the language just the thousands separator in your region/language settings in Windows. Seems like your separator is a whitespace.

• Like 1

Click on "File" - "Open" and browse to your WWE2K17 sound dir. Open one of the pck files. There is a short description in my main post about "what is what". Most themes are listed in "sfx". Click "sfx" in the tree menu and browse through all the sound files. It is also possible to sort the grid by clicking on the grid header. Or search by Name by pressing CTRL+ F. Right click on a row and select "import" to select your sound file. That's all.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Trial and error. Sort by size and play the files ;). There is a "Play" button to preview the selected file. All empty rows are not found out yet. @tomwearsglasses did the same to find the files. There is no other way. Because nobody knows which sound is for which superstar.

Edited by TheVisitorX

1 hour ago, esbatmusic said:

@TheVisitorX

I'm going to do a passion project thanks to you. I'll edit ALL the name file for the audio. I want to kill the commentary team and save as much Lillian's intro (and grab from older games as well) so we can have them in, in a .rar file for everyone to use...

As I'm not that useful for the modding, like Dennis, or like Pozzum and cave (or you) for programs, I'll do something like this. :) Also, I guess it saves by itself once I 'edit' the names? I'm so glad to be able to export and import. I'll make the game 1000000 times better... Imagine someone going crazy and making....an ECW version of commentary, or a Jim Ross version... (probably more easy...) But It could be done ECW wise, as it was in last year and there was random quotes about 'nothing' so it could be done actually. probably would take time...

Anyway this year, Audio file, Arena modding (Which I have to talk with Lord for that) & Logos are my priority for the community as my first project was small compared to what Pozzum is doing for the collection of mods/Attires from older game. But the audio, not many will take that task and here I am :D Thanks so much again.

Great idea! Please let me know if you will need any help, support, or more features for SE to make some things easier.

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Great idea! Please let me know if you will need any help, support, or more features for SE to make some things easier.

I will need help with one thing, converting. I'm rereading everything and try to set the program Wwise. just with it I could EASILY take audio and turn them into whatever before .wem that includes Intro for shows, commentary and whatever else.

Maybe I misunderstood it , but... Do you mean that the sound converter shipped with SE isn't working for you?

Probably just something in the pathway. That's what I'm trying to figure out right now.

I'm having an issue where I cant get Wwise to open, thus not allowing me to convert music from MP3 to WEM.  I downloaded the Sounder editor but It wont find any of my music until its converted to WEM Right?

You don't have to open Wwise. You have to install and config it, that is enough. SE also imports wav and mp3 files and also has a sound converter from mp3 to wem. But you have to setup Wwise. Check your Wwise cli path in the settings. Path needs to be something like \Audiokinetic\Wwise v2014.1.6 build 5318\Authoring\x64\Release\bin so that is the path to the WwiseCLI.exe.

Hey VisitorX ,I'm new to this ,and I have the song ,Evolutions theme ,in a WEM file.

When I import it into Goth 2 ,go into game ,play it ,I just hear a little snippet of it for about 2 seconds before the game crashes.

What did I do wrong?

Either way, the song i'm trying to convert just isn't showing up when I go to the folder and try to import it....If I open the folder myself the song is their, but when I do it with sounder editor it doesn't show.  Sorry, This is my first time trying to do any kind of mods.

i really look forward to this tool every year and i usually have no issues, but this year i can't even get the installer to work. When i click it, it freezes my explorer and i have to restart it from the taskmanger. i thought it might have been my anti virus (ESET) so i tried turning it off and redownloading the setup but it still does the samething.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i'm using the Windows 10 14986 insider preview build, could that be causing the issue?

3 minutes ago, IagoVenom said:

When I try to import the Mp3 file and try play it occours a error "Error: Couldnt play source file." What I did wrong?

That error is showing when SE couldn't preview the file. Are you sure that you have selected "import"? That error has nothing to do with the import option!

Either way, the song i'm trying to convert just isn't showing up when I go to the folder and try to import it....If I open the folder myself the song is their, but when I do it with sounder editor it doesn't show.  Sorry, This is my first time trying to do any kind of mods.

Change the *.wem file extension in the right bottom corner of this file dialog from *.wem to something else. If you can't see something else, than Wwise path isn't properly set.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

That error is showing when SE couldn't preview the file. Are you sure that you have selected "import"? That error has nothing to do with the import option!

Well... I imported first and just try preview to check if this is working, so if I go in game will works even if not preview in SE?

4 minutes ago, JagdReaper said:

i really look forward to this tool every year and i usually have no issues, but this year i can't even get the installer to work. When i click it, it freezes my explorer and i have to restart it from the taskmanger. i thought it might have been my anti virus (ESET) so i tried turning it off and redownloading the setup but it still does the samething.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also i'm using the Windows 10 14986 insider preview build, could that be causing the issue?

I will upload a archive file without that installer.

3 minutes ago, IagoVenom said:

Well... I imported first and just try preview to check if this is working, so if I go in game will works even if not preview in SE?

Maybe yes, maybe not. If you close the file and open it again, which extension is SE showing for your imported id?

43 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Which path have you set in the settings? Do you get any errors?

I'll be checking that later...

Actually, the DLC sounds aren't in there, theme included...Will they have their own file of sounds? because if I start doing all the text but it changes that would go to waste. I'll wait in case, just to make sure, unless the files ARE already in there. if so then I'll just 'rush' it in my free time...

Also, I hope we can open 2K16 the same way with this... Because I truly could go crazy in term of commentary files :p JR\King only pack and ECW (Joey Styles) pack later on this year haha. Even more crazy? Take old tapes from VHS of Bobby Heenan / Monsoon together and replace as much as I can :p with the fan noise from '91 also. I do have great audio programs...after all I had my studio for music so taking stuff in HD and polishing them as best as I can will be somewhat easy, just long to do. Once I figure out how to convert (with the right path) it'll be just a waiting game lol (I admit, I'd mark out to hear Bobby Heenan/Monsoon while playing classic stuff, but even more just not hearing any commentary and just the crowd and ref (And Lillian)...Which makes me want to also replace Lillian with The Fink :p

• Like 1