Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

What do you mean with audio converter? Wwise? Do you have set the right path to Wwise in the settings?

Yes Wwise. Thanks for reminding me about the path. Now my problem is that it says wrong version of Wwise.

6 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

What version do you use and what path have you set?

I just downloaded the 2014 version of Wwise and then it worked. THANKS!

• Like 1

It's not working!!! I've gotten one file to transfer! What am I doing wrong? It's actually deleting the files now. Both Fabulous tracks, Biker, etc are gone!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean come on!!! It shouldn't be this nerve wracking especially if you've followed ALL the steps. 

Edited by Dethsyth47

16 minutes ago, Dethsyth47 said:

It's not working!!! I've gotten one file to transfer! What am I doing wrong? It's actually deleting the files now. Both Fabulous tracks, Biker, etc are gone!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your are one of a few with that problem. I know that sounds frustrating but I can't help much. It must be something on your side. Make sure that you're using the latest SE version and also the most recent versions of the .NET framework and vcredist.

Also try it on a clean/fresh sound file and maybe with wem files only. If the backup isn't working, turn it off and do it manually.

Wwise does make the most issues but it is needed for the conversion. First try some wem files on a clean install and see if that is working.

If that isn't working, I have no idea, because if I can't reproduce your issue, I can't publish a fix. There are millions of possible hard- and software combinations out there so it could be all...

If a file gets lost from SE it means it was converted to wav wrongly and that is mostly an issue with Wwise. SE uses Wwise for mp3 and wav. WEM will be injected directly.

And - please - if you post errors in the future, please tell me more informations about your hard- and software, steps to reproduce, ...! "It does not work" does not help. I'm not a clairvoyant!

Edited by TheVisitorX

I'm using Windows 10 that has the latest .net framework on it. I downloaded the programs included the 2014 version of Wwise in the order the video showed. I open sound editor, verified the directories are correct according to the video. I convert the file to .wem, then import it over the file I want to replace. 

2 minutes ago, Dethsyth47 said:

I'm using Windows 10 that has the latest .net framework on it. I downloaded the programs included the 2014 version of Wwise in the order the video showed. I open sound editor, verified the directories are correct according to the video. I convert the file to .wem, then import it over the file I want to replace. 

Try to import wem files only because in that case the import works without Wwise. Is the Sound Converter tool working?

Okay, then please upload your converted wem file and try to replace a DLC character theme with it. If that isn't working, please upload the pck file, too, so I can see what went wrong with the file. For example the DLC10_Character_Pack_1.pck for a DLC10 char, which is the smallest file (if you have all the DLCs). And don't forget to backup your files before the conversion!

I just edited Futuristic 1. Replaced the file, this time making sure it was .wem. Took forever but it finally said file converted. Loaded game, Futuristic 1 no sound at all, load up sound editor file is gone. I'm banging my head in frustration here.

2 minutes ago, Dethsyth47 said:

I just edited Futuristic 1. Replaced the file, this time making sure it was .wem. Took forever but it finally said file converted. Loaded game, Futuristic 1 no sound at all, load up sound editor file is gone. I'm banging my head in frustration here.

A wem import shouldn't take longer than a second or so, so there's definitely something wrong on your side. There is also no conversion process from wem to wem... Or do you mean the Sound Converter tool?

Do you use a laptop or something? Which hardware do you have? Please try a dlc theme as mentioned above.

Edited by TheVisitorX

I'm not using a lap top. I'm using a desktop. My specs are AMD FX8370 processor, ASUSCOMP 970 pro mobo, 16gb of RAM, 660ti graphics card, 1 tb hard drive. I'm working on backing and trying again. 

Ok I don't know what I did. But it worked. I was to convert Greg Valentine's music. SMH I'm gonna try again and see if this wasn't a fluke

Seems to work if I convert the DLC character but just tried again with Futuristic 2 and again, it took forever to create the backup and import the file. When I did the DLC character it was instant and it worked. 

Ok when I changed Greg Valentine's music it was instant. I followed your steps and converted the song to WEM and injected it straight up. Instant change, and it worked. Just tried it again, this time with the main sound files, tried changing the song Futuristic 2 and it took forever, again taking a long time creating the back up. And it didn't work and Futuristic 2 is gone.

It seems like you're having an issue with the main sound file because of its size. How big is your game_sound_m.pck file? You have tried a clean file, right? Are you sure that your hard disc is OK? Do you have a hdd or a ssd? Do you have another hdd to test? Is it possible to upload your game_sound_m.pck? A wem import shouldn't take longer than 1-2 seconds. A backup could take some time, because the file is huge compared to the others. It depends on your hdd speed.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Your game_sound_m.pck is WAY too large!!! Initially this file is around ~ 1,2GB while yours is 10 times larger!! There is definitely something wrong with your file... That's also the reason why your backup took forever! Please repair your game with Steam and try a clean game_sound_m.pck file!  And before your make another conversion, backup your sound files manually. If something goes wrong, you always have the chance to go back to your default files.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

No, validating the files should help.  In that case Steam should restore the changed files. If I remember correctly, there was another user with the same issue, where a file conversion was wrong and his file was huge. He did the same thing and I think it fixed his issues. Unfortunately we haven't found out what caused that issue... To be safe the next time:

- Backup your sound folder manually
- Use WEM files for import - If you need a WEM file, use the Sound Converter to convert to WEM and import that file - Do not use the mp3 or wav import option even if it's there!!
- Try to temporary disable the backup feature ( I don't think that this causes that issue, but just to be safe...) and try to make backups manually

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

Ok validated files, backed up and just tried two files. It's working! I think that file getting so large was the culprit. Thank you for your help. 

• Like 1

I will publish another little helper tool for modders which shows the sound id of the currently playing audio file in the game. This could be helpful to find out sounds which aren't categorized yet. This tool will be part of the next SE update.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

hey man!

i just downloaded the CCT for WWE 2k17 and i cant get Matt hardy... it worked on 2k16 but now its not working..

im putting the CH740 in the folder , open the game , putting the pofo and moveset and then install but nothing happen :(

im NOT using pirated version

3 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

The new sound id helper feature in action:

Everything you do is wonderful :D

Once I finish up my character mods for Bobby Heenan and Greg Valentine I'm going to really focus on making progress on figuring out the sound bnk files.  I think the sound ID feature will be really helpful for that.

• Like 1

I have a quick question about tag team file installation. Is there a way to modify/create and install tag team files using Data Editor and CCT so that created tag teams will automatically be included in a new universe in Universe mode? 

For example, if Demolition was created in My WWE for Play mode use, they don't show up as a team in a new universe, so they have to be created again. Even if Demolition is created within Universe mode, they aren't saved if you start a new one. Furthermore, within the universe they are created, their victory music always defaults to the generic music rather than their installed theme, despite the settings in the Create a Victory mode.

I tried to create a tag team file in Data Editor and install it with CCT. I also tried exporting an existing team's file--Enzo/Cass--and modifying it to a new team. Data Editor saved the files properly to the Tag Info folder. Though both times it said the file was installed properly after using CCT, and though I saved and re-started the game, the new team did not appear in an already created universe nor a new universe (Enzo/Cass were still included).  

Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help. The tools are fantastic (as are SE and Pozzum's 2k17+)!