Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Sound Editor 2017 v3.2.0 WWE 2k17

First I want to say a big THANK YOU @tomwearsglasses who has collected all the sound file data for SE! So all data from the data.xml are from him! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time!

What does this tool do?

It gives you the opportunity to export, play and replace sounds in the game WWE 2k17!

What you can't do

You can NOT add new sounds and it is also not possible to rename existing.

Changes

- Added a new "Sound-ID helper" feature

You can find this new tool in the "Tools" toolbar section.

If you want the id of the sound which is currently playing, you can get him with the help of that new tool. It also offers the possibility to search for that id within a pck archive, but only in the currently opened file!

!! Caution: This tool does only work while the game is running BUT the sound import does only work while the game is NOT running. !!

I know that is weird, but that new feature needs memory access to get the id of the sound which is currently playing.

- Fixed some bugs
- "Drag 'n Drop" support for importing wem, wav and mp3 files into the editor
- New updated data.xml file by @tomwearsglasses with changes from @robbie686 -Thank you guys!!

- Fixed wrong "ReplacedSound" name

- Fixed crash when playing files while resizing the grid
- Fixed several other crashes in playback function
- Search by Name / ReplacedName is now a "like" search... For example: A search for "berg" finds Goldberg, ... "Page" finds Diamond Dallas Page...
- The injected song (filename) will be stored in the xml file / grid as "ReplacedSong"
- Setup now automatically installs the vcredis.exe
- New feature: You can now create custom PCK file archives. Add only the sounds you want (to replace) - That is helpful for soundpatch creators! It's much faster than inject each sound one by one.

=> Sounds must have the same id AND you can't add more pck files - I recommend to use patch_06.pck as filename because it's the smallest file.

Handle that new feature with caution!!!There were some issues with that in the past, so please check that out, but always make backups! And please, let me know if it works!

- Completed the comm_common1_m.pck file
- Added a lot of new entries for the ra_m.pck file (courtesy of Ahmed Anter)

data update for SE from @tomwearsglasses

- Logged the DLC40_Hall_of_Fame_Showcase.pck commentary
- Logged part of Lillian Garcia's announcements in ra_m.pck (thanks to Ahmed Anter!)
- Logged about 2,500 commentary ID's in the comm_common1_m.pck

Replaced NAudio with bass.dll for better ogg compatibility

- Fixed "admin rights" for file backups

- Fixed: updater.exe

- Added "Search by ReplacedName"

- Added "Search for Updates" in context menu

- New XML file structure / separate xml file for shipped and custom data files -> There are now 3 XML files.

1. data.xml - contains all the main data and is maintained and updated by the devs!

2. custom_data.xml - contains only YOUR edited data and will not overwritten when an updates gets released

3. replaced_data.xml - this file is for a new feature in 2.2.0, see below for details

- Added a new column to rename your song you've changed ->  This works similar to the name, but you can specify here as athe song with which you have the file replaced.

- Added "new mass-file-delete support" -> Select multiple files and press "Delete" key to delete multiple sounds!

- Added visual update.exe file -> Execute the update.exe and it searches and installs updates automatically - also data.xml updates

- Added updated data.xml file from @tomwearsglasses

- Fixed: wrong wav import when wwise couldn't convert the source file to wem

- Fixed: wrong search field positioning when windows is maximized

- Fixed: SE lists "junk" wav files as wem extension

- Fixed damaged file imports through changes in 2.1.2

- Fixed "thousands separator" Exception for foreign languages (again...)

- Minor tweaks and changes

- Fixed "thousands separator" Exception for foreign languages
- Added shortcuts to play (p), stop (s), export (e), import (i) and delete (d) files
- Delete sound files with DELETE key

- Initial Release

Download (installer)

Tutorials

game_sound_m.pck - is the main sound file which includes most of the themes and also the menu soundtracks!

DLC10_Character_Pack_1.pck, DLC30_Character_Pack_2.pck and DLC40_Hall_of_Fame_Showcase.pck are all for DLC characters and their sounds!

ra_m.pck  has ring announcements and all files beginning with comm_ are commentary!

Ignore files with "e_s" because that files are only event files with soundbanks and no other sounds!

Would you like to make a tutorial? Please let me know!

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

If you find any errors in the collected data, please let me know or send me a corrected version of your data data.xml file. It is possible to change or remove the data from the data.xml in SE directly. See this little clip:

source.gif

Select the row and click on the column (Name / text) and edit or delete the entry!

FAQ

What do I need to run this tool?

Sound Injector is a .NET-Application. So you will need .NET-Framework 4.5 to run this application! You will also need a 64bit Windows version up to Windows 10, because the executable was build with 64bit support.

In order to run the "Sound-Converter" tool or to import wav or mp3 files, you will need to have an installed version of Wwise.

Sound Editor does the installation and download automatically if there is no version installed!

If that - for some reasons - doesn't work, here is a download link:

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Win32.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_x64.msi

https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2014.1.6_5318/Authoring_Data.msi

Please use only that version, version 2015.x or higher does not work!!!

OH NO!!! Your tool is a virus!!! I've get virus alerts from XYZ!!!

This tool uses methods to read and write to memory and file streams and also needs (admin) access to the registry because it gets its path information from there. Some Anti Virus doesn't like that and their heuristic scan recognizes it as a virus! So if you'll get that alert it is simply because of that.

I can guarantee you that there is no virus. It's only a "false positive". So you will have to add this application to your exceptions. If you don't trust me, no problem. You don't have to use this tool!

What audio format do I need for themes?

You can only import *.wem files! WEM is a custom audio format / container made by Audiokinetic!

Can I import my wav or mp3 files?

Yes, but you have to convert them to *.wem. There are 2 ways to do that.

1. Use the "Sound-Converter", which still uses Wwise but via CLI (command line interface). You can find this little tool in the top left corner of Sound Editor (Tools - Sound-Converter).

2. Easiest way: Import *.wav and *.mp3 directly and SE converts them to wem before. In that case, you'll also need Wwise!

It uses FFmpeg to convert all mp3 files to wav and then Wwise-CLI to convert from wav to wem! So you will need both tools. FFmpeg is already included, so no worries.

In order to make this happen, this program needs administrator rights! It will not work without them!

Warning: Do not use Wwise directly to convert to wem!!! This years game has some problems with crashes on some wem files!

I can't convert something, because Sound-Converter can't find my Wwise version

That is mostly a  path issue. This program reads the path to Wwise from the registry. In some cases, it couldn't find that path so it won't work.

You can change the path by your own. You will find that in the left top corner (Settings / Settings). If the program has found your path, it should include some text with path info. If not, please select your path manually. There is a button ("..") next to the text field for that.

Wwise path should be something like that:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2014.1.6 build 5318\Authoring\Win32\Release\bin (for 32bit) or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2014.1.6 build 5318\Authoring\x64\Release\bin (for 64bit)

This path can vary. Please make sure you have the correct path to your Wwise directory! It must include the WwiseCLI.exe!

1. If you have injected a new theme and it won't work in-game, make sure that you haven't injected something while the game is running.

2. If that does not work and your theme is still not playing, even in entrance editor, it is a rarely issue with SE and some configurations. I've had it last year, too with some users but never find a reason or fix for hat. Because I couldn't reproduce this issue. I'm sorry. Maybe it's your system (Notebook?) or some software which prevents the correct injection.

I need further information for that case.

Custom Character Tools 2017 - 1.0.3

First public beta version of Custom Character Tools 2017 has been released!

Download (installer):

http://adf.ly/1lFrlA

Mirror (mediafire):

http://bitigee.com/100C

Download (portable):

http://bitigee.com/10DI

Please don't forget that this is a BETA release and may contain bugs, so always create a backup!

CCT does NOT work with cracked versions or versions prior the "Showcase DLC" content update! All questions/problems regarding that versions will be ignored! Buy the game if you want to use CCT!!

CCT works best with the Data Editor by Cave Waverider, which is also available for beta testing now. We have made a big progress this year, so both tools are working easier and faster together!

Changes

- Fixed: Wrong CAW addresses after 1.0.2 update

- Added support for the latest update

- Fixed wrong PacPlus slots 701-802

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 46
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, napolenehotel said:

@TheVisitorX hello my friend i think one great new detail is insert a possibility to change the string number, for insert the name of wrestler, i think this is a good upgrade (sorr yfor my english)

You can do that with Data Editor dude, hopefully that gets a 2K17 release.

If my calculations are correct (we'll find out in a few hours), these should be most of the new sound IDs for music injection:

_REDACTED_

I based them off of the game_sound_m.pck file from the Xbox 360 version of 2K17.  As long as they don't change when they port it, I assume these will match up.

I noticed that if the music didn't change, it kept the same ID from last year - which I found interesting.

If anyone wants to contribute just pm me your gmail and I'll share editing access.

Edit - removed link; unfortunately the ID's do not in fact match up with the Xbox 360 version.

Edited by tomwearsglasses
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

New year, new versions. Currently just a placeholder for my tool development for WWE 2K17. I will update that thread with more details if they're available.

Oh can't wait! Especially if it's as easy as last year to do... We'll have a great year of modding :D

Great, really great, Yukes and 2K! Applause!

For those wondering about modding on the upcoming #WWE2K17 PC edition, it will work the same as it did for 2K16.

The Bad:

Nothing is really the same!! Maybe the folder structure is the same... PCK file structure has been changed. For example: There is no 00 80 00 00 and also another calculation for the offset.

The Good:

Injecting sounds is much easier this year, because of the changes in calculation, but needs a larger update for SE as expected.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 7

Not really "harder" - just different. Not impossible, only different than the older method used. I have to rewrite the file parsing and sound import. Shouldn't be that hard. At least I hope so. I still have to investigate some more things. But like I've said, in general it should be easier than before, because I save some calculations.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 5

Thank you guys! But - to make my previous statement more concrete:

What I've said only refers to the sound editing tool (Sound Editor) for now, not to the Custom Character Tools! That's another (even harder) thing. I will update my Sound Editor first, because it's easier to do.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Thank you guys! But - to make my previous statement more concrete:

What I've said only refers to the sound editing tool (Sound Editor) for now, not to the Custom Character Tools. That's another (even harder) thing. I will update my Sound Editor first, because it seems easier to do.

sure man,atleast this tool will open the door for 2k17 modding start

Edited by Raheem Baksh

:D Yes, I will edit my first post with a donation link if anything goes live! :)

By the way, I've managed to get Sound Editor working. All seems to be working pretty well so far. I've replaced DDP's theme and it is working fine... Export is also working. And the old ids are the same from last year... :) But it needs some more testing. Hopefully replacing menu songs is working, too.

Only thing left is a new data.xml which includes all the new menu songs and entrance themes. But I will release a first version without that file so that anyone can contribute to @tomwearsglasses list.

Please pm @tomwearsglasses if you would like to contribute to that list!

Update is planned for release within 1 or 2 days.

[off topic] Yeah, finally - "Wolfpac" theme seems to be in the Showcase DLC... :). I love that theme <3.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 7

Just to let you guys  know, I tried adding music to WWE 2k17 via the Sound injector from WWE 2k16 (Strowman over Bodybuilder) and the I couldn't hear anything. Everything else worked fine. Also, is there a tutorial on videos from bink, because I would like to add the current Raw and Smackdown intros to Universe Mode

1 hour ago, TheVisitorX said:

:D Yes, I will edit my first post with a donation link if anything goes live! :)

By the way, I've managed to get Sound Editor working. All seems to be working pretty well so far. I've replaced DDP's theme and it is working fine... Export is also working. And the old ids are the same from last year... :) But it needs some more testing. Hopefully replacing menu songs is working, too.

Only thing left is a new data.xml which includes all the new menu songs and entrance themes. But I will release a first version without that file so that anyone can contribute to @tomwearsglasses list.

Please pm @tomwearsglasses if you would like to contribute to that list!

Update is planned for release within 1 or 2 days.

[off topic] Yeah, finally - "Wolfpac" theme seems to be in the Showcase DLC... :). I love that theme <3.

Wow wasn't expecting it to be working so quickly. Well done :)

14 minutes ago, vcgames said:

Just to let you guys  know, I tried adding music to WWE 2k17 via the Sound injector from WWE 2k16 (Strowman over Bodybuilder) and the I couldn't hear anything. Everything else worked fine. Also, is there a tutorial on videos from bink, because I would like to add the current Raw and Smackdown intros to Universe Mode

SI does not work with 2K17, because pck-structure has been slightly changed and file offset is calculated differently. So that's why you can't hear anything. Wait for Sound Editor. There will be no SI for 2K17.

7 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

SI does not work with 2K17, because pck-structure has been slightly changed and file offset is calculated differently. So that's why you can't hear anything. Wait for Sound Editor. There will be no SI for 2K17.

Ahh okay this explains why Stardust's theme doesn't work anymore after injecting a new theme. I figured something had changed

Are these still the ID's for The Licensed Music? 

<sound id="134540403" name="Drone (FIDLAR)" />
    <sound id="408069843" name="Paranoid (Black Sabbath)" />
    <sound id="383019352" name="Come Down (Anderson .Paak)" />
    <sound id="702639171" name="We Don't Have to Dance (Andy Black)" />
    <sound id="171100903" name="Ride (Twenty One Pilots)" />
    <sound id="71173803" name="This Time (Axwell Ingrosso)" />
    <sound id="154726971" name="We Run (iSHi)" />
    <sound id="845703972" name="Run (Bring Me the Horizon)" />
    <sound id="248954724" name="Lockjaw (French Montana)" />
    <sound id="398226036" name="We Made It (Yellow Claw)" />
    <sound id="1032416223" name="Bad Boy for Life (P-Diddy)" />
    <sound id="741699810" name="What About the Rest of Us (Action Bronson)" />
    <sound id="664628718" name="Out of Control (Travis Barker)" />

If so, I would like to add my own music via HxD in the meantime until you can update your tools

Edited by vcgames