Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 has been released via auto-updater and direct link.

Changes in this version:

- Added a new "Sound-ID helper" feature

You can find this new tool in the "Tools" toolbar section.

If you want the id of the sound which is currently playing, you can get him with the help of that new tool. It also offers the possibility to search for that id within a pck archive, but only in the currently opened file!

!! Caution: This tool does only work while the game is running BUT the sound import does only work while the game is NOT running. !!

I know that is weird, but that new feature needs memory access to get the id of the sound which is currently playing.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and after i found the "educated feet" and "methodical pace" lines the hard way. :/:lol

4 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

If you want the id of the sound which is currently playing, you can get him with the help of that new tool. It also offers the possibility to search for that id within a pck archive, but only in the currently opened file!

will this work on 2k16 and 2k15 too?. I'd like to identify certain audio from these games

2 minutes ago, kevan1700 said:

and after i found the "educated feet" and "methodical pace" lines the hard way. :/:lol

will this work on 2k16 and 2k15 too?. I'd like to identify certain audio from these games

Unfortunately no, not with that tool, because the memory addresses for 2K15/16 are completely different. But if anyone is interested, I could write a small utility (but not the same tool) for 2K16, too.

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Unfortunately no, not with that tool, because the memory addresses for 2K15/16 are completely different. But if anyone is interested, I could write a small utility (but not the same tool) for 2K16, too.

if its not too much of a task, it'd certainly be appreciated.

On 8/24/2017 at 2:08 PM, TheVisitorX said:

Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 has been released via auto-updater and direct link.

Changes in this version:

- Added a new "Sound-ID helper" feature

You can find this new tool in the "Tools" toolbar section.

!! Caution: This tool does only work while the game is running BUT the sound import does only work while the game is NOT running. !!

I know that is weird, but that new feature needs memory access to get the id of the sound which is currently playing.

Hey man. Is this the ID that is used for like assigning themes with Data Editor for entrances?  Or is it another ID?

2 hours ago, AznBlusuazn said:

Hey man. Is this the ID that is used for like assigning themes with Data Editor for entrances?  Or is it another ID?

No, it's the internal sound file id which is used by SE for injecting themes. Most themes are labelled so it is not necessary in most cases, but a few themes are unlabelled so you could use that tool to find a sound which isn't labelled yet.

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Thanks 1

Hello, and thanks so much for your work on the WWE 2K17 tools; super appreciative!

I have been able to play around with Sound Editor quite a bit, but tonight ran into a snag. I've used it without problems for a while but after about roughly two weeks without using it and coming back to it today, I ran into an error.

https://ibb.co/dyZwPF
https://ibb.co/k2BbPF

"unhandled exception has occured in your application..." I have never seen this before and tried to uninstall, reinstall, convert the file to wav, wem outside of the program, but nothing has worked. Any idea what this may be? This is only happening when I attempt to convert/replace a track (like trying to change a menu track, for example), other than that, I am able to do most other things, like preview music, search, delete, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have browsed through this, and unless I missed it all somewhere... I noticed there are some song files we are unable to override as they do not appear in the drop-list. (Bossman '99, Big Show '99, Cactus Jack '92, DDP '92, and Ric Flair.)

Likewise, MMA Fighter, Evil Diva, Military Soldier, and Undead are on the injection list, but nowhere to found in-game. There is a Bret Hart '97 but no Bret Hart or Bret Hart '98, Rock '00-'01 but no '01 or '97.

As far as I know I have the most current version of SI (v3.1)

I was wondering how to assign a CAW a new titantron video. The problem I am facing is that I don't know what CAW slots are being used for the different CAWS. There is no number presenting what CAW slot is being used. So how do I know which ID to set the titantron to?

On 10/5/2017 at 9:30 AM, Gift Of Jericho said:

Hope you are ready for 2K18 ;) It comes kinda soon lol

I am so ready for it! So Hyped! I can't wait to "Be Like No One".

Edited by Alexa Blissed Off

"I was wondering how to assign a CAW a new titantron video. The problem I am facing is that I don't know what CAW slots are being used for the different CAWS. There is no number presenting what CAW slot is being used. So how do I know which ID to set the titantron to?"

Hi, go to any match, select the caw you need the id for but do not start the match, use Pozzum's WWE 2k17+ tool to go to "match edit"> click  "READ" near the top left, then below the "READ" button it'll show you your caw's number ;)

Edited by BeleeDat
  • Bliss 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BeleeDat said:

"I was wondering how to assign a CAW a new titantron video. The problem I am facing is that I don't know what CAW slots are being used for the different CAWS. There is no number presenting what CAW slot is being used. So how do I know which ID to set the titantron to?"

Hi, go to any match, select the caw you need the id for but do not start the match, use Pozzum's WWE 2k17+ tool to go to "match edit"> click  "READ" near the top left, then below the "READ" button it'll show you your caw's number ;)

Thanks for the info, I will try this as soon as I can. Didn't know the match editor listed the ids of the superstars. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElTioRandom said:

I have a question. Will you work on any version of SoundInjector for wwe 2k18?

I have already pre-ordered the game, but I can't tell you more until the game has been released. I can't promise anything, but I will try my best. There is still a possibility that Yukes has done some "nasty" things to prevent us from modding the game... Now that the PC and console versions are released at the same time, maybe they don't want that we have that modding advantages.

Edited by TheVisitorX

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

I have already pre-ordered the game, but I can't tell you more until the game has been released. I can't promise anything, but I will try my best. There is still a possibility that Yukes has done some "nasty" things to prevent us from modding the game... Now that the PC and console versions are released at the same time, maybe they don't want that we have that modding advantages.

I highly doubt that 2K will make it hard to mod the game. Because they have added lots of new original entrances from past games. They are expecting people to mod the game on PC, that is why they have left movesets and entrances of older superstars.

Check this video out showcasing all the new original entrances available in WWE 2K18: