Sound Editor 2017 3.2.0 / Custom Character Tools 2017 1.0.3 / [LAST UPDATE 08/24]

TheVisitorX

I think we all are waiting for it to be, just like the other tools... Obviously, I'm sure they are working hard, all of them. The best thing we can do is to try to find all the themes in HD and make sure we actually get them to a perfect level of DB then release them in .wem  Many 'are' done, but could be done much better than last year. Lots of work to do still all over. We can be patient, especially because it will be worth the wait...and very much so.

"Sound Editor" comes out tomorrow.

Please notice that the data.xml is not ready yet! That means you have to find some of the sound ids by yourself.

@tomwearsglasses is working on that and I'm really grateful to him for that! I'm really busy with work at moment but I will try my best to contribute, now that Sound Editor is ready. Each help is still much appreciated!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, TheVisitorX said:

"Sound Editor" comes out tomorrow.

Please notice that the data.xml is not ready yet! That means you have to find some of the sound ids by yourself.

@tomwearsglasses is working on that and I'm really grateful to him for that! I'm really busy with work at moment but I will try my best to contribute, now that Sound Editor is ready. Each help is still much appreciated!

I'm guessing you'll update it even if you release it tomorrow?

Of course, I will release future updates. That first version is mainly for people who "can't wait" or who want to replace some tracks as fast as possible. But you will need a bit more knowledge and time to find the right sounds. Or if anyone wants to contribute to our data.xml file.

It is really easy:

1. File -> Open and open the pck file in "Sound Editor", for example game_sound_m.pck (which is the main sound file, excluding DLC and commentaries)

2. Select a row

3. Right click and press "Play"

4. Double-Click on first column and enter a name for the song

It will added to the data.xml

The more people help to find the remaining ids, the faster it goes. Everyone benefits from it.

Edited by TheVisitorX

19 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Of course, I will release future updates. That first version is mainly for people who "can't wait" or who want to replace some tracks as fast as possible. But you will need a bit more knowledge and time to find the right sounds. Or if anyone wants to contribute to our data.xml file.

It is really easy:

1. File -> Open and open the pck file in "Sound Editor", for example game_sound_m.pck (which is the main sound file, excluding DLC and commentaries)

2. Select a row

The more people help to find the remaining ids, the faster it goes. Everyone benefits from it.

Sounds easy enough, if I have time between my visa papers and whatnot, I'll try to help for sure... Did you say that it will also show the Commentary ? Because I'm looking to erase all of it this year but keep the referee (all counts) (bells) , Lillian name calling (to add few names too of past games)...just so we can turn off the damn commentary once and for all.

25 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

It is really easy:

2. Select a row

I think I need a video tutorial to use the program 

No, there will be no Sound Injector for 2K17. I will release an update for "Sound Editor" which works a bit different because you have to select the pck file and replace the sounds in a grid. Unfortunately I don't have the time to maintenance two tools so that's why only SE gets an update.

Here is a short gif-animation so that you know how Sound Editor works:

l3q2v32SlAnk4ways.gif

All empty rows without a name are not part of the data.xml yet and needs to be edited (or is garbage and can be ignored...).

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

No, there will be no Sound Injector for 2K17. I will release an update for "Sound Editor" which works a bit different because you have to select the pck file and replace the sounds in a grid. Unfortunately I don't have the time to maintenance two tools so that's why only SE gets an update.

l3q2v32SlAnk4ways.gif

thanks! 

Good project you created

4 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

l3q2v32SlAnk4ways.gif

All empty rows without a name are not part of the data.xml yet and needs to be edited (or is garbage an can be ignored...).

I'll try to help for sure.

Even more if we can make an empty audio and replace all of those Commentary from the boring lines recorded years ago and even the new ones... I will...DELETE! them yes.

2 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

I'll try to help for sure.

Even more if we can make an empty audio and replace all of those Commentary from the boring lines recorded years ago and even the new ones... I will...DELETE! them yes.

Yes, that is possible! :) But needs a lot of work because there are thousands of commentary sound files.

1 minute ago, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, that is possible! :) But needs a lot of work because there are thousands of commentary sound files.

If I need help to know stuff, I'll ask you :p But I'll try to give time (and give back to the community). And I keep the game on my ps4 so I'll try to listen to most of the audio and whatnot and type it in. I'm guessing if I do 'edit' the names, then I just need to send you my data.xml file? (Thinking it would save like txt but in the program, right?)

Edit : Actually, my biggest issue will be to convert files to WEM. We could use some name calls from the 2 past games for a few wrestlers, since Lillian also voiced that, and older games on PS3 as well. Would be quite nice actually. But , even if I own a studio, that .WEM converting was a mess for me the last time I checked.

Edited by esbatmusic

6 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Actually, my biggest issue will be to convert files to WEM. We could use some name calls from the 2 past games for a few wrestlers, since Lillian also voiced that, and older games on PS3 as well. Would be quite nice actually. But , even if I own a studio, that .WEM converting was a mess for me the last time I checked.

Pretty easy really, I've not used Sound Editor to rip them as of yet and it may be easy with that, also though you can use Ravioli Game Tools to rip the file and then change the file extension from wwise to WEM manually. That, or you can rip them into WAV format and then chop them up in an audio editor before using the converter in Sound Injector to convert them to WEM ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

If I need help to know stuff, I'll ask you :p But I'll try to give time (and give back to the community). And I keep the game on my ps4 so I'll try to listen to most of the audio and whatnot and type it in. I'm guessing if I do 'edit' the names, then I just need to send you my data.xml file? (Thinking it would save like txt but in the program, right?)

Edit : Actually, my biggest issue will be to convert files to WEM. We could use some name calls from the 2 past games for a few wrestlers, since Lillian also voiced that, and older games on PS3 as well. Would be quite nice actually. But , even if I own a studio, that .WEM converting was a mess for me the last time I checked.

Yes, I will merge the files together and do release them in an update. The data.xml can be found in the main executable directory. You don't have to to anything, SE does the writing to file thing for you.

Converting to wem is an issue because of the dependencies, yes. But I can't do anything about that because there is no other way to convert files to wem. And unfortunately the game only supports Wwise files.. There are also some issues with the general sound quality. All game files are recorded really, really loud, because they are often too quiet in the game. So it is not so easy to find the right mix... But @4 Life had done it in a decent SQ last year.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Just now, 4 Life said:

Pretty easy really, I've not used Sound Editor to rip them as of yet and it may be easy with that, also though you can use Ravioli Game Tools to rip the file and then change the file extension from wwise to WEM manually. That, or you can rip them into WAV format and then chop them up in an audio editor before using the converter in Sound Injector to convert them to WEM ;)

Man, my head is spinning (Doing tons of paperwork for a visa so I'm already like all over the place). With what program I could do that? (Ravioli Game tools? Are they out and where to get that?)  And would you mind doing somewhat of a tutorial? because if we can extract theme songs and call names from say, WWE 2K16, it would be so much helpful and pretty damn bad ass.

I hope this post comes across more positive than negative, and I don't intend to be a regular poster, but I feel the need to say something.

Some of the entitlement here is unreal. There are obviously talented people here who go out of their way to make sure the greater community can enjoy aspects of a game that a giant megacorporation couldn't be asked to include. I'd like to express utmost gratitude for the labor that goes into the modding for this series. Keep up the great work, and may you have the minimum amount of future "hurry up and grant my wishes" posts. Game came out for PC yesterday? The turnaround time is unheard of. 

/end of promo

• Like 4

Just now, TheVisitorX said:

Yes, I will merge the files together and do release them in an update. The data.xml can be found in the main executable directory. You don't have to to anything, SE does the writing to file thing for you.

Converting to wem is an issue because of the dependencies, yes. But I can't do anything about that because there is no other way to convert files to wem. And unfortunately the game only supports Wwise files.. There are also some issues with the general sound quality. All game files are recorded really, really loud, because they are often too quiet in the game. So it is not so easy to find the right mix... But @4 Life had done it in a decent SQ in the past year.

Yeah, I've gotta find out the right volumes again this year because they seem to be quieter, which is a good thing! Last year the call names were like 98 dB and the themes were generally around 101-102dB, which lead to a lot of distortion on some themes. I ripped the Wolfpac theme from 2K17 as a wwise file which would mean the volume was unaffected and injected that into 2K16 and it was about 5dB quieter when I converted it and scanned it after noticing it was quiet in-game in 2k16.

4 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Man, my head is spinning (Doing tons of paperwork for a visa so I'm already like all over the place). With what program I could do that? (Ravioli Game tools? Are they out and where to get that?)  And would you mind doing somewhat of a tutorial? because if we can extract theme songs and call names from say, WWE 2K16, it would be so much helpful and pretty damn bad ass.

You can find Ravioli Game Tools via google, totally free, though again I think you can also export as wwise via Sound Editor? Ravioli is very simple to use anyways, you can just open the sound file with the Explorer, scroll through and play the sounds, then use the options on the toolbar to rip them to either wwise or WAV. Best to rip to WAV if you wish to edit it, which you might need to do as, as I said above, the sound files seem to be different volumes in 2K17. I'll do some testing and see the difference, just a case of ripping the same sound from 2K16 and 2K17 and then comparing the volumes directly.

Yeah the audio for names of the missing wrestlers (call name) and theme songs would be a must for the save I'm trying to do (to save a lot of people time). I'll try to do that but of course, if I have some help it'd be amazing. I'll check that Ravioli program, and , as usual, thank you so much man for all the help.

17 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Yeah the audio for names of the missing wrestlers (call name) and theme songs would be a must for the save I'm trying to do (to save a lot of people time). I'll try to do that but of course, if I have some help it'd be amazing. I'll check that Ravioli program, and , as usual, thank you so much man for all the help.

There is also a version of "Sound Editor" for 2k16 which does the same thing. Look in the 2K16 pc mod forum. It should work with 2k15, too.

By the way: I'm thinking about adding an option to "delete" sounds from a pck file by selecting a row and pressing "delete". Would that be something interesting? I think it would be enough to change the offset and maybe the size for that file so that the game can't find it, And you don't have to use empty dummy files. 

Edited by TheVisitorX

49 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

There is also a version of "Sound Editor" for 2k16 which does the same thing. Look in the 2K16 pc mod forum. It should work with 2k15, too.

By the way: I'm thinking about adding an option to "delete" sounds from a pck file by selecting a row and pressing "delete". Would that be something interesting? I think it would be enough to change the offset and maybe the size for that file so that the game can't find it, And you don't have to use empty dummy files. 

Oh, I had used the sound injector last year and never knew there was that option. I'll check that tonight because I really want to release that .rar file with all the trons, wrestlers and theme from 2k15 and 2K16, tested and working ready for all of us basically.

And if by Delete, you mean that it would do a shortcut to delete say, commentary, I'd say go for it! That would be super helpful. especially if it doesn't crash the game haha.