**4 LIFE'S MODS** Latest update: May 27th - RANDY ORTON R.A. ERA ATTIRE PACK RELEASED!

4 Life

Right in the same boat with you brother I have not been very interested in anything involving this game lately. RA era or at least the time period between 01-08 seems to get me a bit more enthusiastic about modding. Probably because that was around my teen years. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SixZz|RipZz said:

Right in the same boat with you brother I have not been very interested in anything involving this game lately. RA era or at least the time period between 01-08 seems to get me a bit more enthusiastic about modding. Probably because that was around my teen years. 

I've been having a think and I've decided that I'm gonna do an RA era roster mod, and basically put all the RA wrestlers under the superstars roster, I've always had a hard time deciding whether I like the Monday Night Wars era or the RA era better! Then I'll basically convert the Downloaded Superstars roster to a bonus superstars roster where I just just put in anyone I like, so all my WCW & WWF mods so far and also whatever else takes my fancy. The DLC/Legends rosters have always been a bit random anyways so yeah :D Best of both worlds then. Been browsing around the forums and there's a lot of RA era stuff around the place anyways, and I've made a decent list of who I want.

I'll still keep this thread open with any new mods and you still might see some WCW & WWF guys here, but I've decided I'm probably abandoning the actual Monday Night Wars project.

Edited by 4 Life
  • Like 1

Hi 4Life,

I have not written much since my English is not very good. But I love your work. Just the fact that you are making Oldschool / WCW models makes you special. I like to play in this era and also use your mods. I always find it a pity if I can only play wrestlers of the past years and not the superstars I know from my youth.

Only so much should be said, you are not alone. There are many oldschool fans. The Oldschool videos I publish on YT are usually the most visited. Do not be fooled by the lack of feedback.

I think it is very sad, that you think of the end of the project - even if I can understand you. Feedback is the salt in the soup.

As difficult as I can, because I would love to see hundreds of mods from this era of you, if you do not have fun anymore, then you should stop

Thank you for all & for your awesome work!!!!

• Like 3

ive been following your work for some time and i just wanted to say thank you its brought a lot of life to my game. i like what perfect plex said about making "dlc patches" or making specific ppvs is a cool concept. regardless of what you do i'll appreciate it cause it'll make my game better regardless

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 4 Life said:

I'm seriously considering closing the curtain on this project, folks. Honestly, over the past 3-4 months I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for this project. Reasons why...

Firstly, it's taking a lot longer than I anticipated. I'm not even close to being halfway done with this and I can't see myself even wanting to do it anymore by the time I've even reached the halfway mark. None of this is being helped by the fact that a lot of the mods are impractical atm due to size restrictions on the PACH files and the fact that I can't seem to get last gen objects working no matter what I try. There are also a lack of people working on mods from this era and as I said, I don't think the desire to finish the majority of the mods myself is going to be there for very long as it's continually lacking more and more.

Secondly, there don't seem to be a whole lot of people interested in the project. I mean, I'm not here to whore likes or to mod just for other people as this started out as a personal project in which I shared all my own work with the public, but it's just the lack of interest in the majority of my individual mods compared to what I see in a lot of other threads makes it obvious that, in comparison, not many people are interested - it's totally understandable since a lot of the guys I'm doing are mid-carders to fill out my roster and stuff, but like I said, I'm just losing the enthusiasm for the whole thing and due to the lack of interest I don't see much reason to keep continuing it.

Actually, I've always had the thought in the back of my mind that maybe I should have taken on another project like a Ruthless Aggression era mod as I also loved that era, and seeing the thread @Auday Elyafe made in which he's basically going to be doing the same thing, a lot of replies saying they'd chip in with some mods, plus the abundance of RA era attires we have on the forum already, makes me feel like my efforts would be better spent on this era instead. When I think about it, my enthusiasm levels for embarking on this sort of project are much higher than my current project, so I'm heavily considering cracking on with an RA roster mod instead.

This decision isn't set in stone yet and I'm gonna have to think it over as if I decide to go ahead then I'm basically gonna have to wipe out all my mods and start over. Seriously thinking about it though, and if I do decide to do it then I'd like to thank everyone that was interested in this project for their continued support and apologise for cutting it short.

If you and @SixZz|RipZz would like to jump and help me out with my project I would love it. There's a buunch of models in the game that needs RA era attires and there's a lot of models that I will not be able to do on my own since I don't have time. Looking at lists there are a lot more people missing from that era than I thought so the chances of me covering everything is impossible. I know that @eri619 might jump and help me too.

I am sorry if I have never shown interest in this topic before but I never visit Golden/Attitude era threads because I was never interested in them since I am 18 and I didn't witness any of those eras. But I love the stuff you have done here!

Edited by Auday Elyafe
  • Like 2

Well first I've gotta say that I love your work and have been thoroughly enjoying your released mods.  Granted I rarely actually play the game because I'm preoccupied with making stuff ;), but one day you can rest assured that Flair, Booker T, Bret, Neidhart, etc. will all be well utilized in my game universe.

I totally agree with everyone on super projects being really tough.  Even little projects in the game like texture mods can end up being a tremendous amount of work and time commitment.  I give huge credit to everyone that works big projects like the arena packs because so much goes into it.  Personally, I've been keeping my enthusiasm up by essentially ignoring my bigger concept, and just tackling mini-projects that can feed into something bigger in the future.

Most importantly, you gotta do stuff that you find interesting.  If you're working on something and not feeling it anymore, it's probably time to switch it up or take a break.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Auday Elyafe said:

If you and @SixZz|RipZz would like to jump and help me out with my project I would love it. There's a buunch of models in the game that needs RA era attires and there's a lot of models that I will not be able to do on my own since I don't have time. Looking at lists there are a lot more people missing from that era than I thought so the chances of me covering everything is impossible. I know that @eri619 might jump and help me too.

I am sorry if I have never shown interest in this topic before but I never visit Golden/Attitude era threads because I was never interested in them since I am 18 and I didn't witness any of those eras. But I love the stuff you have done here!

Well I'm 100% decided on moving over to do some RA era stuff, so count me in :D

No need to apologise man, and I just wanna make it clear that I'm not at all mad about the lack of interest in the project - I'd initially have continued it regardless when I was still enjoying doing it but as I said, I can't really be bothered with it anymore and there aren't exactly a tonne of people that are going to be disappointed, so there's my reason for scrapping it ;)

1 hour ago, tomwearsglasses said:

Well first I've gotta say that I love your work and have been thoroughly enjoying your released mods.  Granted I rarely actually play the game because I'm preoccupied with making stuff ;), but one day you can rest assured that Flair, Booker T, Bret, Neidhart, etc. will all be well utilized in my game universe.

I totally agree with everyone on super projects being really tough.  Even little projects in the game like texture mods can end up being a tremendous amount of work and time commitment.  I give huge credit to everyone that works big projects like the arena packs because so much goes into it.  Personally, I've been keeping my enthusiasm up by essentially ignoring my bigger concept, and just tackling mini-projects that can feed into something bigger in the future.

Most importantly, you gotta do stuff that you find interesting.  If you're working on something and not feeling it anymore, it's probably time to switch it up or take a break.

Yeah, with being decided on doing an RA era roster now there's a lot less work to do overall, a lot of the attires have already been done or can be ported over from the last couple games, plus the majority of the superstars are already in the game and just need re-attiring. The ones that aren't in at all can be shrink-wrapped (since I've literally knocked up my planned roster from looking at the rosters from previous games), which I've still yet to try but I've been wanting to try it so seems like a good time to do so now!

Then as I said, if I need something to break the monotony I'll do some other random mods which will go in my "Bonus Superstars "roster :D

And thanks man :)

• Like 1

I've always liked your large range of attires you've made.I think one of the coolest things we can do with these games is recreate moments.  You see that in the showcase modes with the past, and universe mode for the present day.

Until every old attire under the sun has been made there will be at least one person that will enjoy anything you release in any fashion.

Do what feels right to you because that is what will keep you the most motivated and making the best work.

Those are my thoughts positive or negative.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deathwagen said:

I just wanted to say keep up the good work. If not, thank you for the mods thus far. You are quite talented at what you do.

Thanks mate, just to reiterate I'm not giving up modding, I just got bored of this project and I've been itching to do some Ruthless Aggression era stuff and I always liked the idea of an RA era roster mod, so I'm getting started on that and there will also be some Monday Night Wars era mods thrown in here and there :) Just allows me to open up my options a bit so I don't get bored.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wizard3 said:

:( im sad Monday Night wars was my fav time in wrestling good luck with the RA ;)

Well as I said mate, there will still be stuff from that era, just broadening my horizons a bit ;)

RANDY ORTON RUTHLESS AGGRESSION ERA ATTIRES RELEASED!

This is a 4 attire pack. I've modified the face normals on these attires to make him look a little younger as well as the attire updates. This pack comes with theme & tron, renders and call names (that just refer to him as Randy Orton rather than "The Viper" Randy Orton") for those that are putting these attires in a separate slot.

1) Unforgiven 2004

20170524191923_1.jpg20170524191948_1.jpg20170524191950_1.jpg20170524192004_1.jpg

2) New Years Revolution 2005

20170526231036_1.jpg20170526231043_1.jpg20170526231057_1.jpg20170526231114_1.jpg

3) Summerslam 2005

20170526231242_1.jpg20170526231312_1.jpg20170526231333_1.jpg20170526231339_1.jpg

4) Smackdown vs. Raw 2006

20170524155534_1.jpg20170524155620_1.jpg20170524155638_1.jpg20170524155645_1.jpg

20170527004844_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/07/2017 at 1:26 PM, pozzum said:

Take Care

Cheers poz! I'll still be floating around the forums and Discord but there are currently other games that are piquing my interest a lot more than modding WWE :)