Tekken57's 2k17 mods - Steiner released. That's a wrap, my final mod!

tekken57

I created another two video tutorials which I'm posting in the X-Packer thread as well. These tutorials took me about a week to create and even longer to upload. Take the time to say thank you if you view the tutorials.

Tutorial on Editing Shaders / Shader Params and toggling objects on / off in X-rey

Tutorial on Sculpting using 3dsmax / Mudbox / X-Rey (intermediate / advanced)

It covers the following topics:

- Importing a reference model
- Sculpting in 3dsmax and mudbox
- Retopology using wrapit
- Creation of AO maps
- Creation of face detail textures
- Exporting vertex normals
- Creating PBR textures from diffuse textures
- Importing the model back into yobj format using X-Rey

• Like 8
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tekken57 said:

I created another two video tutorials which I'm posting in the X-Packer thread as well. These tutorials took me about a week to create and even longer to upload. Take the time to say thank you if you view the tutorials.

Tutorial on Editing Shaders / Shader Params and toggling objects on / off in X-rey

Tutorial on Sculpting using 3dsmax / Mudbox / X-Rey (intermediate / advanced)

It covers the following topics:

- Importing a reference model
- Sculpting in 3dsmax and mudbox
- Retopology using wrapit
- Creation of AO maps
- Creation of face detail textures
- Exporting vertex normals
- Creating PBR textures from diffuse textures
- Importing the model back into yobj format using X-Rey

Thanks for the tutorials man, have you received the reference models ive sent you?

• Like 1

So I was installing some alt attires for Scott Hall and I decide to sculpt the face as he looks too old and pudgy for his WCW run. Been meaning to do this for years but never found the time. I also found a way to keep the animations intact with the new sculpt so I didn't need to redo each animation manually.

I mainly worked on the jaw and cheek area, making him look thinner.

This is what the updated version looks like. I can post the yobj file if anyone is interested?:

hall_younger_2.jpg

hall_2k17_younger.jpg

• Like 5
  • Too Sweet 4

was just about to request this in the request thread. been waiting for a while for someone to revamp scott hall. Good work. Patiently waiting.

@eri619, the cheeks are less bloated and the jaw was slightly slimmed down. its more noticeable from the picture with the angle.

i feel the upper cheek area could slimmed down so that it doesn't look as swollen from the front but thats just my opinion

The changes are not meant to be drastic, basically I want him to look younger and less chubby on his face. The changes are very noticeable to me in game, I released the model in the first post, you can check it out.

I was going for a younger version like this:

1373680795_f43c4a13e379d1aaeedc0453fc2ee

• Like 2

So I had an idea last night about creating facial animations which worked out quite well. 

I've discovered a way to create facial animations without having to sculpt the animation at all. 

The process is still a bit tedious because I need to export each animation one by one from mudbox, but it's taking me about 45 mins to create all 110 animations. 

Anyone interested in learning how to do this? 

If so, I will need to code a bulk export function into x-Rey to make the process a bit faster.

• Like 7
  • Too Sweet 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, tekken57 said:

So I had an idea last night about creating facial animations which worked out quite well. 

I've discovered a way to create facial animations without having to sculpt the animation at all. 

The process is still a bit tedious because I need to export each animation one by one from mudbox, but it's taking me about 45 mins to create all 110 animations. 

If so, I will need to code a bulk export function into x-Rey to make the process a bit faster.

Yes I would be. Bulk export would be great too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tekken57 said:

It would be great to know. 

21 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Is it similiar to how the morph brush works in Zbrush? I am looking forward to that bulk export feature in Xrey, it's gonna be a real time saver.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2017 at 3:48 PM, tekken57 said:

THAT'LL BE GREAT...Go ahead!

On 8/17/2017 at 10:12 AM, bravebird31 said:

Is it similiar to how the morph brush works in Zbrush? I am looking forward to that bulk export feature in Xrey, it's gonna be a real time saver.

Coding the bulk export script at the moment. Will send out an update to X-Rey soon.

I'm not sure how the morph brush works in Zbrush, I haven't worked with Zbrush much. Basically I found a way to trick the sculpt layers in mudbox to  create the animations for us. I going to look into a maxscript to export all the animations as I have to export each one manually from mudbox at the moment. Going to see if I can send the sculpt layers to 3dmsax as morph targets and somehow write a script to export each of the morph targets. It's going to be difficult as I've never coded script to work with morph targets before.

• Like 4
  • Too Sweet 1

so to understand right, you can create the facial animations in mudbox, export them and then they need to be imported in 3d modelling software and then can be imported into the object again via X-Rey? 

Furthermore, would create facial animations also work with older mods created for 2k15 and 2k16 where you needed to zero out the facial animations via HEX?

sorry if it is a noob question, it's a bit confusing..

On 8/21/2017 at 5:37 PM, Tarnathos said:

so to understand right, you can create the facial animations in mudbox, export them and then they need to be imported in 3d modelling software and then can be imported into the object again via X-Rey? 

Furthermore, would create facial animations also work with older mods created for 2k15 and 2k16 where you needed to zero out the facial animations via HEX?

sorry if it is a noob question, it's a bit confusing..

Yes the process is as you described. You don't have to export from mudbox to 3dsmax but  by sending the sculpt layers to max I can code a script to export all 100+ layers in one go instead of one by one in mudbox. 

You can create animations for any of the pc models from 2k15 upwards.

i have made some headway with the script to export the morph targets, hopefully will have something ready for release soon. It's a very complex script. 

• Like 2
  • Too Sweet 2