Tekken57's 2k17 mods - Steiner released. That's a wrap, my final mod!

tekken57

21 hours ago, tekken57 said:

@pozzum , If you're compiling a spreadsheet this year, can you please reserve these slots for me:

256 rvd
461 Scott Steiner
462 Rick Steiner

464 Kurt Angle
465 Sabu
466 Sandman
467 Benoit

468 Jeff Jarett
469 Tomko
470 Buff Bagwell

Added.

Also do you have any additional insight on the different moveset sizes for different slots? like just examples of some oddball.  I haven't taken a close look at them yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bravebird31 said:

Looks great, question, will there be an update to the create your own pach feature so we can make sdhc pachs as well?

I started looking into on Friday but the headers are not as simple on Shdc. I haven't figured out all the values as yet. 

So the short answer is not on this x-packer update but I am looking into it for future updates.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, tekken57 said:

Seeing as this is a modding thread, here's a preview of my Kurt Angle mod added to 2k17:

Will this (and your future mods) be 2K16 or 2K17 pac format ? Since I only need replacing and can only use Hex Editor to change the ID, if it is in 2K17 pac format I guess I'm screwed lol.

X-Packer 2017.1 has been released and emailed to all who have donated. Please ensure that you take full backups of your save files before attempting to edit them.

The procedure for working with the saves is different this year as the save file itself is vastly different from previous years. Procedure is as follows:

- Start WWE 2k17  and to the title screen where the game menu's a re displayed (i.e one on one match, etc)
- Start the 64 Bit version of X-Packer and click:  File - open - WWE 2k17 - Pc Save File - Dump Memory
- Select a location for the save files to be stored
- Open the files which are created by using the menu items under the PC Save File menu in X-Packer

Video tutorial of the above:

@everyone else, this thread is becoming a general discussion thread. I've created a new thread for this here:

Please post modding discussion question in there and X-Packer related questions in the X-Packer thread.

@Smacktalks , can you please grant me moderator privileges over the 2k17 modding section so that I can move the posts in this thread to the modding discussion thread.

• Like 4

HOLLYWOOD HOGAN

Something for the Hulkamaniacs:

The only thing I couldn't get working was the shirt rip at the end of the entrance as it kept crashing the game even with the props installed.

Edited by tekken57
  • Like 12

Where can we download Hogan? (Of course I hope the other models will follow :p )

And the props isn't working 'YET'? or not working at all and we won't be able to this year?

Edited by esbatmusic

I see you managed to get Hogan's taunts working. That is damn awesome! Is it the same procedure as last year? I looked at the createmode file this year, and it's changed quite a bit in comparison to last year and 2K15.

9 minutes ago, amazing-maze said:

AHHHHHH......Hollywood Hogan!!!! Wow this is so good....

RETRO HOGAN next please. Amazing tekken

Thanks, I'll detail how this is done soon so that others can port more wrestlers. I have lots of others things to look into and code. Check my X-Packer thread in the modding discussion for details on how to get X-Packer and X-Rey.

9 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Where can we download Hogan? (Of course I hope the other models will follow :p )

And the props isn't working 'YET'? or not working at all and we won't be able to this year?

The props work exactly as last year, just copy the relevant files into the applicable folders. I'm still working on the moveset (taking time and I'm everything via hex) and fixing the hair (2k15 hair does not animate in game).

3 minutes ago, jakeypearce said:

I see you managed to get Hogan's taunts working. That is damn awesome! Is it the same procedure as last year? I looked at the createmode file this year, and it's changed quite a bit in comparison to last year and 2K15.

The procedure for adding moves is exactly the same as last year. I never look into the createmode files as I assign the moves via hex.

Looks very nice.. I have the same problem with the shirt rip, it is really strange..i get it to work and then next time i open up the game it starts to crash and then suddenly it works again.

Looking forward to taunts and pofo release.

Great work as always Tekken, you were the best porting Hogan from WWE 2k15 last year and now the "magic" happens again.

As far as I can see from the video: Hogan's taunts and proper Leg drop of doom (with taunt) are already included/hex edited in your Hollywood model, wonderful job so far.

I'm  personally not interested in Hollywood or P.o.w. Hogan but the "modern day" hogan (the 3rd model available in 2k15)  is what I'm really looking for and I can't wait to have him on my game anytime soon  so I am following your progress with much attention.

Congratulations and keep up the good work, my personal thanks to you. ;)

P.S.

there's no meaning in having a WWE wrestling game without the presence of Hogan IMO .

Edited by Thunder72

15 minutes ago, Thunder72 said:

there's no meaning in having a WWE wrestling game without the presence of Hogan IMO .

I couldn't agree more. Hogan needs to be in a WWE game. Period.

This is great!

7 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Thanks, I'll detail how this is done soon so that others can port more wrestlers. I have lots of others things to look into and code. Check my X-Packer thread in the modding discussion for details on how to get X-Packer and X-Rey.

The props work exactly as last year, just copy the relevant files into the applicable folders. I'm still working on the moveset (taking time and I'm everything via hex) and fixing the hair (2k15 hair does not animate in game).

The procedure for adding moves is exactly the same as last year. I never look into the createmode files as I assign the moves via hex.

Did you use the same all_mot3.pac from last year or did you make a new one?

EDIT

mot_dlc30.pac from last year seems to work perfectly.

Edited by G3N0M3

Hogan released:

- Make sure you copy the files to the relevant locations in your game, I have included the directory structure in the rar archive

- Install the pofo and moveset into slot 460 using a method of your choosing (X-Packer, cheat engine, etc)

- You need to have @pozzum 's future strings pac installed for the name to show up correctly

Enjoy:

https://mega.nz/#!EwkU0BqA!qK0sRDjwa480tmDqMt3aSaQLCMHPicoa4ZJT4VLh6ZA

• Like 2

Thank you so much for this, Tekken!!!!

edit:  What is the .rar password to extract the archive? I tried to avoid posting the request here and instead sending you a PM but you are not currently accepting messages.

Edited by Def Dave