Tekken57's 2k17 mods - Steiner released. That's a wrap, my final mod!

tekken57

i found 2 difference, i took 2 ch file from last year....1 ch of Abyss....and one is Hogan original file from 2k15,  i set this 2 files with xhd, and overwrite the rock, (ch10002) just for example, and Hogan work fine, with Abyss, the game don't crash but doesen't start the game, i can just select the superstar and when i push start, the metch don't start....

2 hours ago, tekken57 said:

7. The bad news is that the game uses a string Hash inside the pac to name the SHDC files. It doesn't use the old format of naming files e.g. 00010102. We need to figure this string hash out or we will not be able to add new wrestlers or attires to the game. This is something which everyone should look into as a matter of priority.

Maybe it isn't as bad, for the game seems to read the old format ch*.pac files from 2k15 and 2k16 games just fine. Thus it's likely that we should still be able to use the old 2k15/2k16 EPK8 pac/PACH format for our mods to add to the game for the time being, at least for the wrestlers.

In the image below (click the spoiler tag to view it), I've replaced AJ Styles' Entrance and Ring attire pac files with Hulk Hogan's from WWE 2k15 (all I did was change the ID to 610, no other modification was necessary):

9f2dbd394a.jpg

Vanilla 2k16 wrestlers I've tried seem to work as well. My AJ Styles Attire Mods for 2k16 seem to hang/crash the game before the matchup screen, however. Not sure what's causing it, perhaps some added parts in the PACH files of the mods don't play well with 2k17.

2 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Thanks for sending me the files. I've taken a look at the pac format and the model format and these are my findings:

1. The pac format is the same as 2k17 on last gen. Open the files using this menu item i.e. ctrl+5

2. The pach file format has been replaced with shdc, open these with the menu item ctrl+6.

3. The contents of the SHDC files can be extracted with X-Packer and the contents seems to be same as with previous years PACH files.

I've tried a quick attire mod, changed some textures and re-injected the uncompressed archive as .pac back into the .sdhc file. Works fine. Here is a  of the first (sloppy and incomplete) AJ Styles Attire mod in action:

roa0591930e4.jpg

It's nice to have a working hood and no old Royal Rumble 2016 tight designs shining through unlike the CAW/alt attire version I made last night. ;)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

Maybe it isn't as bad, for the game seems to read the old format ch*.pac files from 2k15 and 2k16 games just fine. Thus it's likely that we should still be able to use the old 2k15/2k16 EPK8 pac/PACH format for our mods to add to the game for the time being, at least for the wrestlers.

In the image below (click the spoiler tag to view it), I've replaced AJ Styles' Entrance and Ring attire pac files with Hulk Hogan's from WWE 2k15 (all I did was change the ID to 610, no other modification was necessary):

Reveal hidden contents

9f2dbd394a.jpg

Vanilla 2k16 wrestlers I've tried seem to work as well. My AJ Styles Attire Mods for 2k16 seem to hang/crash the game before the matchup screen, however. Not sure what's causing it, perhaps some added parts in the PACH files of the mods don't play well with 2k17.

I apologize for asking a little too much, but does that mean if I download a 2K16 mod, for example, Brave's Kenny Omega, change the file name, open the file with HxD Editor and change the ID too, and replace 2K17's Brian Pillman, it...might work, right ? Because I can't seem to change the ID in 2K17's pac files.

44 minutes ago, Misho said:

Hmm i looked in some 2k17 .ch files and didn't find the pach id

It's likely hashed and needs to be deciphered.

45 minutes ago, Gift Of Jericho said:

I apologize for asking a little too much, but does that mean if I download a 2K16 mod, for example, Brave's Kenny Omega, change the file name, open the file with HxD Editor and change the ID too, and replace 2K17's Brian Pillman, it...might work, right ? Because I can't seem to change the ID in 2K17's pac files.

In theory yes. In practice, the game could hang or crash on loading the match, depending on how the mod was created. In that case, the mod will have to be updated. Give it a try and don't forget to backup your save game beforehand (ideally also set Steam to offline mode before you start), just in case the game crashes and corrupts your save.

Edited by Cave Waverider

26 minutes ago, TheVisitorX said:

Entrances from previous games are also working, at least Hogans entrance from 2K15 does work fine.

I got Punks entrance working too.

Edited by Curb Stomp City
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It's likely hashed and needs to be deciphered.

In theory yes. In practice, the game could hang or crash on loading the match, depending on how the mod was created.

Yup, that's it exactly. Right now I am trying out some ideas but I just got called into work so I wont be able to test them until later. My early guess is they changed the extra slots that we can use. 

2 minutes ago, bravebird31 said:

Yup, that's it exactly. Right now I am trying out some ideas but I just got called into work so I wont be able to test them until later. My early guess is they changed the extra slots that we can use. 

Yes, that's my guess as well, since we also had a similar situation last year. In any case, I'm confident we'll be able to work it out eventually. :)

4 hours ago, Tidal said:

I just replaced The Rock's 2K17 model with his 2K16 model to test it and it worked fine. Then tested with Billy Gunn (because that's actually a different model) and that worked fine too (but the render didn't change). You have to replace the chunk_cache.bin with the blank one like on 2K16.

Could you or someone post that 'Chunk_cache.bin' file? or make one for 2K17?

5 minutes ago, esbatmusic said:

Could you or someone post that 'Chunk_cache.bin' file? or make one for 2K17?

Just create a new empty text file using notepad and when saving, change ".txt" to "all files" then name it "Chunk_cache.bin".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dunhill1986 said:

is it me or has the save file also changed I loaded savedata.backup as it no longer says mainbody ect will I need xpacker 17 to change things.

Yup, it's all in one save file now. Plus it appears to create a backup. I guess they did that to prevent some of the savegame corruption that occured by uploading many files to the cloud.

Edited by Cave Waverider

the cloud is 5gb now as well I noticed that when I was trying to find the save files hopefully you guys managed to get round the new problems. I can open the save with xpacker 16 but wont let me open the pofos up just get error message.

5 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

Reveal hidden contents

9f2dbd394a.jpg

I've tried a quick attire mod, changed some textures and re-injected the uncompressed archive as .pac back into the .sdhc file. Works fine. Here is a  of the first (sloppy and incomplete) AJ Styles Attire mod in action:

Reveal hidden contents

roa0591930e4.jpg

It's nice to have a working hood and no old Royal Rumble 2016 tight designs shining through unlike the CAW/alt attire version I made last night. ;)

how did you get the textured attire to work ?

53 minutes ago, Twistedmisery666™ said:

how did you get the textured attire to work ?

I just followed the steps @tekken57 posted some post before (although he mixed up the X-Packer 2017 release version keyboard shortcuts as it should be CTRL+4 and CTRL+5). Then I reinjected everything.

1 minute ago, Cave Waverider said:

I just followed the steps @tekken57 posted some post before (although he mixed up the X-Packer 2017 release version keyboard shortcuts as it should be CTRL+4 and CTRL+5). Then I reinjected everything.

ya thats what ive been doing ? do i need to replace the chunk_cache.bin for it to work 

I tried the Hogan experiment too:

1) replaced the chunk file with an empty one

2) replaced ch344 (The Rock Classic) with both entrance and ring attire from 2K15's Hogan, after editing their reference id.

Worked. He enters and fights with correct attires. Face animations are ok too.

Only problem is the Lesnar loading screen, took 10 minutes of full SSD work.

Edited by Shiryo

Has anybody successfully managed to convert the SDHC to the old format yet? I've tried to convert the in-game AJ Styles by extracting the SDHC, creating a new PACH archive (CTRL+P) and adding everything back in the same order as it was in the SDHC. Then I injected the new PACH file into a WWE 2k16 .pac file. Alas, the game will hang at the Matchup loading screen for me when I try to load the game with this converted file. @tekken57 Did I do something wrong there?