Tekken57's 2k17 mods - Steiner released. That's a wrap, my final mod!

tekken57

4 minutes ago, mrcena123 said:

What are the graphic settings for this game

Pretty much the same as in WWE 2k16. Screen Resolution, Windowed Mode (Yes/No), Vsync (On/Off), Shadows (On/Off), FXAA (On/Off), MSAA (OFF, 2x, 4x, 8x), Texture Quality (Low/Medium/High), Audience Density (0-100%), Depth of Field (On/Off), Motion Blur (On/Off).

Just now, Cave Waverider said:

Pretty much the same as in WWE 2k16. Screen Resolution, Windowed Mode (Yes/No), Vsync (On/Off), Shadows (On/Off), FXAA (On/Off), MSAA (OFF, 2x, 4x, 8x), Texture Quality (Low/Medium/High), Audience Density (0-100%), Depth of Field (On/Off), Motion Blur (On/Off).

Have u experienced any graphical glitches

Can someone please email me a few of the pac files as well as the save to code support. My steam client is going to take 3 days to download the game. Email the files to sf4mods@gmail.com, please attach the files to the email.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cave Waverider said:

so we cant edit pac files to get the color.dds to edit the file to update attires ? like put Jericho's real tats on him ? and we cant replace chpac files so i can get cm punk back into the game or wade barret yet?

1 hour ago, tekken57 said:

Can someone please email me a few of the pac files as well as the save to code support. My steam client is going to take 3 days to download the game. Email the files to sf4mods@gmail.com, please attach the files to the email.

Mine should be installed in 30 mins if you haven't received any files yet I'll send some over to you. I'm not doing much tonight so don't mind helping out at all

Edited by SixZz|RipZz

1 hour ago, tekken57 said:

I just sent you an email.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cave Waverider said:

They are PAC files, but the header is HSPC and not EPK8 from previous games. I can extract the PACH with X-Packer 2017, but it doesn't currently seem to be able to properly read the texture archives so we'll have to wait until @tekken57 updates it for the PC version. Too bad, I wanted to make some quick AJ Styles The Club Attires to go with Anderson and Gallows. :p

Also, we can't seem to just replace wrestlers with the ch*.pac files from previous games, as the game crashes when loading the match otherwise, which likely means all the old mods from previous games will have to be updated to the new format once that's possible.

I just replaced The Rock's 2K17 model with his 2K16 model to test it and it worked fine. Then tested with Billy Gunn (because that's actually a different model) and that worked fine too (but the render didn't change). You have to replace the chunk_cache.bin with the blank one like on 2K16.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tidal said:

I just replaced The Rock's 2K17 model with his 2K16 model to test it and it worked fine. Then tested with Billy Gunn (because that's actually a different model) and that worked fine too (but the render didn't change). You have to replace the chunk_cache.bin with the blank one like on 2K16.

You are fuckin genius dude

38 minutes ago, Tidal said:

As with what you are saying... if I want to put wwe 2k15 hogan into the game, I could just replace another model and it would work?

49 minutes ago, Tidal said:

Did you use the old pac or inject the old pach into the new pac?

Just now, Curb Stomp City said:

Did you use the old pac or inject the old pach into the new pac?

Literally just deleted the new pac and copied and pasted the old ones in.

11 minutes ago, mr.mael said:

As with what you are saying... if I want to put wwe 2k15 hogan into the game, I could just replace another model and it would work?

Not sure about that, all I've tried so far is what I posted above.

11 minutes ago, Tidal said:

Literally just deleted the new pac and copied and pasted the old ones in.

Not sure about that, all I've tried so far is what I posted above.

Cool. Replacing the chunk_cache.bin file didn't seem to work though. The game is stuck on the Lesnar splash screen.

EDIT: As soon as I said that, it loaded. Took a while though.

Tried replacing Lesnar with Punk but I got a crash.

Edited by Curb Stomp City

7 minutes ago, Curb Stomp City said:

Cool. Replacing the chunk_cache.bin file didn't seem to work though. The game is stuck on the Lesnar splash screen.

Hmmm... interesting. Not gonna pretend I'm an expert at this but all I know is it definitely worked with The Rock and Billy Gunn.

12 minutes ago, Curb Stomp City said:

i am excited to see just the splash screen the downloading speed is >>>>> 

1 hour ago, Tidal said:

It seems to work for some, but not for others. And yes, one obviosuly has to remove the chunk_cache.bin file just like last year.

Edited by Cave Waverider

1 minute ago, napolenehotel said:

@Cave Waverider excuse me, we can just copy and past the chunk_cache.bin of last year, inthe 2k17 folder, or we need to set directly the chunk_cache.bin of 2k17?

If you have an empty chunk_cache.bin from last year's version you should be able to replace the big 2k17 one with it. It's just an empty file, after all. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cave Waverider said:

It seems to work for some, but not for others. And yes, one obviosuly has to remove the chunk_cache.bin file just like last year.

Can you edit the ID (the number) IN the ch pac files ? When I open a pac file I can't find the numbers :( Not sure if I missed anything though, I'm currently off my PC.

@Cave Waverider thank for the kindly answer, i have not problem crashing, but i copy and past chunk_cache, i try to set Abyss (for example) of Leonrick, i set with Xh editor in pac 10002, i copy and past owervrite the rock.....in the game when i select Rock, the game doesen't crash, but when i push start the match don't start.....if i select other superstar there are not problem, i thinkl my chunk_cahe from the previous 2k16 is ok!

Thanks for sending me the files. I've taken a look at the pac format and the model format and these are my findings:

1. The pac format is the same as 2k17 on last gen. Open the files using this menu item i.e. ctrl+5

2. The pach file format has been replaced with shdc, open these with the menu item ctrl+6.

3. The contents of the SHDC files can be extracted with X-Packer and the contents seems to be same as with previous years PACH files.

4. I don't have the game as yet but others have reported that a SHDC file can be replaced with a PACH file from last year and the game will load it fine.

5. On last gen replacing the main pac file with one from previous years crashed the game as the 2k17 pac format is different. That seems to be case with the pc version as well, I can't confirm until I have the game.

6. The header of the models is different this year and I will to code support for this into X-Rey. However for now, you can change the header manually by opening the yobj in a hex editor and changing the header from YOBJ to JBOY. The models will open as normal in X-Rey after this.

7. The bad news is that the game uses a string Hash inside the pac to name the SHDC files. It doesn't use the old format of naming files e.g. 00010102. We need to figure this string hash out or we will not be able to add new wrestlers or attires to the game. This is something which everyone should look into as a matter of priority.