Cool Kids Club

pozzum

• pozzum unlocked this topic
13 minutes ago, DrJoeyMagnumRyan said:

What the hell? this is blatant copyright infringement of the Kool Kidz Klub 

2K17 BAYBEE (may be cheap knock off, stop telling people jeez)

Edited by pozzum
  • Like 1

So so far I have noted @LordJustice17 @PH_Guy @bravebird31 @LouEvil76 @AlcLegacy @JulianBITW

To be clear, these are people that allowing me to put their mods on my upcoming 2K17+ tool.  It probably won't be out on release but I'm heavily actively working on it.

If anyone else would want to give permission that'd be great but of course it not required to be a Cool Kid :p

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pozzum said:

So so far I have noted @LordJustice17 @PH_Guy @bravebird31 @LouEvil76 @AlcLegacy @JulianBITW

To be clear, these are people that allowing me to put their mods on my upcoming 2K17+ tool.  It probably won't be out on release but I'm heavily actively working on it.

If anyone else would want to give permission that'd be great but of course it not required to be a Cool Kid :p

I like it, @pozzum It should make modding more accessible, which is great.

Are you planning to use a special server for the uploads for the tool or will you just link wherever people upload it?
I'm curious if the tool also has support to check for updates for installed mods and how that'll work.
I'm definitely interested in contributing, although I have a knack of updating my mods rather often so some proper update check/functionality and allowing the contributor to upload things on their own without the tool itself having to be updated would be important for me.

It might be a good idea to give people the option to download the appropriate .pofo and .moveset files for the .pac they download (if available - although it might be a good idea if a standard was set that a .pofo/.moveset needs to be available for a wrestler mod to be included in the tool) and rename their slots accordingly like the .pac. instead of having to look for those files separately. That should be helpful to the newbies.

We should probably also talk about synergy with the Data Editor (and Custom Character Tools), so your tool can give an option to open DE and load the downloaded .pofo/.moveset/.team_info files directly into it so people can easily edit it if they want.
Hit me with a PM to talk specifics like command line arguments, etc. if you're interested. :)

Edited by Cave Waverider
  • Like 1