(NEEDS MORE RESEARCH) How an EVZ (the entrance animation) works

jakeypearce

So I've been busy researching how entrance animations work. I've discovered that an EVZ contains 2 key files; the motion (0000), and the camera (000A). You can mix and match the motion and the camera, however you will likely get glitchy results.

Another interesting thing I have found is that some EVPs will crash the game on startup. Well, there is a little trick I have found. When you inject the EVZ, check to see if the facial animations work. If they do, the EVP WON'T crash. If they don't, the EVP WILL. There is obviously some sort of correlation between the EVP and EVZ. That means that if we get 2K14 entrances working on 2K17 (with facial animations!), the game will gladly load the EVP.

Red Rooster, pozzum, tekken57, Mathayus, any ideas?

No ideas. Did you get any 2K14 entrance working in 2K17?

When I was adding 2K15 entrances to 2K14, a lot of times the EVP crashed the game untill I found a EVP I can use with every entrance and working. Obviously without facial animations.

When I was adding 2K15 entrances to 2K14, a lot of times the EVP crashed the game untill I found a EVP I can use with every entrance and working. Obviously without facial animations.

I was able to get Retro Rock working without facial animations. The Rock's 2K16 entrance loads without facial animations. HHH's and Edge's entrance animations work fine with animations. Cena's 2K15 entrance also works with facial animations. This leads me to believe it's something in the EVZ that's causing it.

• Like 1

I was able to get Retro Rock working without facial animations. The Rock's 2K16 entrance loads without facial animations. HHH's and Edge's entrance animations work fine with animations. Cena's 2K15 entrance also works with facial animations. This leads me to believe it's something in the EVZ that's causing it.

do they end up with weird faces or are they just static?

HHH's and Edge's entrance animations work fine with animations. 

to be clear HHH & Edge entrances from 2K14 or 2K15?

HHH's and Edge's entrance animations work fine with animations. 

to be clear HHH & Edge entrances from 2K14 or 2K15?

Neither - 2K16. If it was a 2K16 EVZ compatibility thing, then the modern Rock entrance would also have facial animations...

Just been looking at the PC version of 2K16, and I managed to come up with this...

http://www.filedropper.com/modified0000

Just inject this over The Rock '03's EVZ. You'll notice that the stage is glitched massively, then the animation carries on as normal. Anyone want to guess what I've tried doing?

POC:

Edited by jakeypearce