[TOOL] Universe Mode Tracker

Carlzilla

I don't like the incredibly minimal history/record keeping done by the recent WWE games, so every year I write a small program to help me track my universe's past better. This year, I feel like it's bug free (at least in my testing) enough to release publicly. So here it is, Universe Mode Tracker...I suppose you could also use this with FirePro or any other wrestling game, though it does have the default 2k17 roster built in (you don't have to use them, they're just there for convenience).

EDIT:

This was originally posted with a download link, and photos, but both have been removed 3 times now. Not sure why it won't allow me to post those things, but I'm sick of re-adding them all so if you're interested in a tracker for universe mod that isn't just a spreadsheet, head over to this link  on the official forums:

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?4302926-TOOL-Universe-Mode-Tracker

or

http://royalring.boards.net/thread/5/universe-tracker-download-links-description?page=1&scrollTo=74

Edited by Carlzilla

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the tool to 2.04. Changelog is below:

V 2.04
ADDED:
- The ability to assign title images to your titles, which will be exported in your title history export for convenient sharing
- Hotkeys on the main window for Timer (T), New Card (C), New Match (M), Universe Notes (N), Title Histories (H), and Record Search (S)
- Title dropdown when recording a new match. This will automatically update the title histories based on the selected match outcome.

CHANGED:
- The show and match lists now respond to the mouse wheel for scrolling.
- The show and match lists now respond to be being double clicked (watch match/card video if it exists).
- the show and match lists now respond to a middle mouse click (show list: add match to show, match list: edit selected match).
- When viewing the calendar, the background now indicates the show color instead of the text.

FIXED:
- An instance where if the show color is the same as the default text color on the calendar the text is unreadable.
- Instances where the program was not properly applying team names in a 6 man tag match.

V 2.03
ADDED:
- Added ability to export the calendar to BBC (forum) format.
- Added ability to export the title histories to BBC (forum) format.

CHANGED:
- Changed the style of the BBC code tables the program outputs to have borders and better spacing.

FIXED:
- Fixed a bug where the roster lists weren't properly reloading when switching shows while viewing the roster screen.
- Fixed a bug with the roster screen where female heel wrestlers could be listed more than once.
- Fixed a bug with the Bio List where wrestlers would be listed more than once.

V 2.02
ADDED:
- Added "Most Combined Defenses" list in Title Histories.
- Added "Accolades/Accomplishments" to wrestler bios. Will be automatically updated as you update the titles.
- Added the ability to sync either to or from the linked device using DataSync.

CHANGED:
- Beefed up the records search feature. You can now search for match times, and ratings.
- Wrestler Record renamed to Record Search and moved from Options -> Roster Options to Options.

FIXED:
- No reported or discovered bugs in 2.01.

V 2.01
ADDED:
- Added exporting of W/L records to tab delimited text file for import into Excel
- Added data sync option between two devices, very useful for those with WinTabs and PCs.
- Added a wrestler bio feature to make sharing your custom roster easier.
- Added "None" option to both the show and the title dropdowns in Roster Edit.

FIXED:
- Fixed an issue where you'd get an unhanded exception error when changing a team's alignment for the first time.
- Fixed an issue were PPV events were not being saved properly when switching between universes without closing the program first.
- Fixed an issue where the show color button was not properly indicating a change in color.

Another update! This update is 100% compatible with existing universe data. Full changelog below.

V 2.05
ADDED:
- The ability to do a roster draft.

CHANGED:
- All forms are now sizeable, as some users were experiencing missing options and buttons due to resolution differences. The new sizes will be saved upon exit so you'll only need to resize each window once.

FIXED:
- An instance where match results were being incorrectly displayed for title matches.
- Instances of combined title reign length being incorrectly sorted on the Combined Title Reign Length table.
- Fixed a bug where a title with no title reigns would cause an error when adding a match for that title.

Link is in the first post.

Edited by Carlzilla

Hey mate, thank you so much for this! It really helps a lot and has lots of features. One question though, now that the PC release is almost here, would it be possible to add more wrestlers apart from the in-game roster and CAWs? Since the community here add lots of new wrestlers via mods, it would be a great feature for the PC version at least.

It's pre-configured for 100 CAW SLOTS, but after you use up those, you can just keep adding more below were those end. The Roster Table isn't fixed in any way, and it's not a spreadsheet, so calculations aren't cell dependent.

The program doesn't care if you add 100 additional wrestlers or 5,000. The only difference it makes is that the more wrestlers you have, the longer certain operations which search or enumerate through all wrestlers will take. Though with a modern computer, I couldn't imagine any reachable amount really making it unbearable.

Edited by Carlzilla
  • Like 1

An update to correspond with the PC release of the game... mostly ease of use changes and a few minor bugs were stamped out.

V 2.07
ADDED:

CHANGED:
- The program will now auto-generate the default roster upon starting up for the first time instead of requiring the player to go into Roster Edit before it does so.
- A win over the current champion is now worth 2x more points than a regular in the title rankings, similarly a loss to the current champ will now deduct 2x as many points as a normal loss.
- Fixed up the menus a bit so they're not lumped all together.
- Added actual buttons to watch event/match videos when applicable instead of the text that would appear along the menu bar.

FIXED:
- Fixed an issue with the Title Defense List which caused the list to be larger than the window and OK button to start offscreen if the window was resized.
- Fixed an error that selected the first universe when universe 3 was selected using the drop down box.
- Fixed an bug were the universe number dropdown wasn't being correctly updated if the universe number was changed using the options in the Options menu.

Existing UMTracker data is 100% compatible with this update. The link can be found in the original post.

Edited by Carlzilla

Another small update. This one was mostly focused on draft mode.

V 2.08
ADDED:
- An optional user configurable draft value to each participant in roster drafts making the AI more or less likely to select that wrestler earlier in the draft.

CHANGED:

FIXED:
- The roster draft now checks to make sure that you have enough participants for the amount of rounds and shows that are currently selected. It also takes into account teams that may be drafted together if the option to allow that is selected, so you'll need at least 1 additional wrestler in the pool for each team of 2, 2 additional wrestlers for each stable of 3, etc.

Link is in the first post.

Edited by Carlzilla
  • Like 1

Squashed a few small bugs, fixed a few things to work better, and added a couple of features. Link is in the first post.

V 2.09
ADDED:
- Added the ability to move the selected match up and down the card using the + and - keys respectively.
- Added the ability to filter the display to only male or female wrestlers on the win/loss record screen.

CHANGED:
- Reworked the random match suggestion feature to work better.
- The edit match window now pulls time from the match timer if it's open and running.

FIXED:
- Fixed an issue were teams weren't being properly recognized if drafted by the same show, but in separate rounds, with the team draft option on.
- Fixed a bug that displayed the wrong reign number in the detailed title defences window for wrestlers who were assigned the title without a match.

Edited by Carlzilla

3 hours ago, Carlzilla said:

You can add an image to their bio.

But if you're talking about adding images that appear in the program next to their name or something, then probably not.

oh okay yeah. there was someone i forget who that had a tracker that was done in excel that had images of everything.  i wasn't sure if your program had the capability for that. it's a great program though i tested it out this morning.

It's possible I guess, it's just something that is probably not worth the extra effort.

I know there have been some exceedingly fancy spreadsheets over the years that keep track of this stuff...I just hate using Excel, and I feel like this is more expandable and less prone to breaking.

14 hours ago, Carlzilla said:

It's possible I guess, it's just something that is probably not worth the extra effort.

I know there have been some exceedingly fancy spreadsheets over the years that keep track of this stuff...I just hate using Excel, and I feel like this is more expandable and less prone to breaking.

yeah i actually like yours more. the excel stuff was a bit over the top imo and when i mentioned it i think that was like from wwe13 or 2k14 lol.

Another update...link is in the first post of the topic.

V 2.10
ADDED:
- A full match editor with all the same options as if you were adding a new match. It needs to be enabled every time as it can cause unwanted effects with the title history if not understood or used properly. A warning will be shown to the user upon enabling the editor that explains the sort of issues that may arise. If you get sick of seeing this warning every time, you can create an empty file in your UMTracker director called I.Know (capitalization is important) and it will not display any longer.

CHANGED:

FIXED:

Edited by Carlzilla

• 2 weeks later...

New version, download link is in the first post.

V 3.0
ADDED:
- Added the first pass of some of the planned GM style features to the program in the form of basic contract negotiations. It is now, and will always remain, totally optional if you want to deal with contracts.
- A way to advance the universe date without having to book a show.
- Added the first pass at arenas and attendance. Pre 3.0 Event Data is no longer compatible. Please run the UMTracker2DataMigrator tool in order to upgrade your data.
- Added wrestler friends/enemies. These effect contract negotiations.

CHANGED:
- Title reigns have been completely revamped for more accuracy. Pre-3.0 title data is no longer compatible. Please run the UMTracker2DataMigrator tool in order to upgrade your data.
- Changed the way advanced booking works, there is now a separate list for upcoming cards.
- Booking a show on a date in the future no longer advances the universe date to the day of that card.
- Wrestlers now have an OVR stat that determines their "value" in drafts and contract negotiations. This stat is designed to be synchronous with their in game OVR stat. Pre 3.0 Wrestler data is no longer compatible. Please run the UMTracker2DataMigrator tool in order to upgrade your data.

FIXED:
- The watch match video and watch event video items no longer appear in the right click menu if the selected event or match doesn't have a video associated with it.

Bugfix update! Please re-download!

Link is in the first post, as always.

V 3.0 Hotfix
ADDED:
- Wrestlers can now refuse to resign of they are exceedingly unhappy with conditions.

CHANGED:

FIXED:
- A bug where wrestlers were not being assigned an alignment when drafted without one.
- Several conversion errors that caused the program to crash.
- Several errors relating to creating new cards.
- Included missing arena data files.

UPDATE! Link is in the first post.

V 3.01
ADDED:
- First pass of random events triggered by advancing time. They have a 20% chance to trigger, and then specific event conditions have to be met in order for an event to actually occur.
- Added a Contract Browser for viewing current contracts.

CHANGED:
-Arena information is now loaded from a single file (this is to facilitate the introduction of an editor in a future update). You may delete all .dat files in the Arenas folder aside from "arenas.dat" which is the new file containing all the arena information.

FIXED:
- Wrestlers can no longer have phantom allies or enemies (you probably never noticed this as it wasn't an obvious bug, but it could effect their chance of resigning in a minor way).
- Fixed a bug with advanced booking that could cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug that dealt with the fulfillment of title promises that occurred before the current contract began.

Updated. Link is, as always, in the original post.

V 3.02
ADDED:
- Wrestlers can now blacklist a brand/promotion if they're unhappy when their contract comes up for renegotiation or they're fired.
- You can now fire wrestlers, though there's not really any non-role playing reason to do so.
- Added an arena editor for editing or adding arenas.

CHANGED:
- Workers will now not consider their winning percentage in deciding if they're happy or not until they've had at least 10 Matches with your promotion/brand.

FIXED:
- A bug causing tag team title rankings to error out.
- A bug that caused relationships to double under certain circumstances.
- A bug that caused wrestlers to consider their winning percentage using matches that happened before their contract started during the resigning process.
- A bug that left a " at the end of some default wrestlers names.
- A bug that caused random events to sometimes occur when loading the program.

Dude, seeing this post made me so happy!! One of my biggest issues with 2k17 universe mode is the removal of the history. You just sorted my 2k17 life ha, thanks!

17 hours ago, spritefun said:

Dude, seeing this post made me so happy!! One of my biggest issues with 2k17 universe mode is the removal of the history. You just sorted my 2k17 life ha, thanks!

Glad you're enjoying it.

Updated with a quick bugfix patch for 2 issues that have been reported.Link in the first post, as always.

V 3.02 HOTFIX

ADDED:

CHANGED:

FIXED:
- An error when attempting to view detailed title defense histories.
- An error where contracts would be enabled every time you quit the program.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi i asked about help looking for a tracker here's my post (below) i was just wondering can it be edited to start a custom date or does it only function to start at real date and time, thanks

I updated again.

Changelog:

V 3.03
ADDED:
- Ability to drag and drop images in the bio editor to make using local files easier.

CHANGED:
- Aspect ratio of the wrestler image changed to be 16:9

FIXED:

The update is fully compatible with your current universe data, and, as always, the link for the new version can be found in the first post.

On 6/14/2017 at 6:25 PM, greenmanrob said:

hi i asked about help looking for a tracker here's my post (below) i was just wondering can it be edited to start a custom date or does it only function to start at real date and time, thanks

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but you can book shows pretty much any date that Windows recognizes. I think the min limit was sometime in the 18th century, and the max limit is sometime in the 31st century.

This is amazing stuff. I am currently on a modding & fixing spree, trying to make my own imagined universe. This tool will do wonders!

Small question: I personally edited all the superstars to more simulation/realistic stats (based on the HypeDC WWE Edit on Operation sports). That means the overall of all superstars are a lot less inflated, and more realistic to have realistic matches with more realistic results. I noticed on the website that the tool uses the overall of the superstars in the game for calculation. Does it matter that the average overall of my superstars is a lot lower than in vanilla game? Meaning there is a far better distinction in my roster. For example, most jobbers hover around overall of 53-59, while the mid carders are around 60-69 and the upper card / main eventers are at least 70+ overall, with the true icons (John Cena, AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar) topping 85+.

This has no side effect on the tool?

Edited by Crowbar92

You can always edit the overalls in the program, but as long as the general OVR order of the wrestler list is preserved, it won't matter that much.

Edited by Carlzilla