Could someone make me a face texture of myself?

The Great Swanson

I'm making a caw of myself and I desperately need a face texture of my own face. Thank you if anyone can and has the time! Also if you could properly size it for me I'd be grateful.

12493e0.jpg

Edited by The Great Swanson

I'm making a caw of myself and I desperately need a face texture of my own face. Thank you if anyone can and has the time! Also if you could properly size it for me I'd be grateful.

12493e0.jpg

Can you take the photo a little more straight on? You are angled too much to the left.

J

its all about the lighting man you notice how half of the face and the other is dark? for myself I took one against the wall and it worked out just fine. I also have the Iphone as well so the picture quality is awesome.

Have you tried using the newest pic as a face scan already? You could always throw a texture on top if need be, but that could help you with a nice start.

i would do that if I knew how...

I'm not trying to be lazy. I really don't know how to make my own face texture that's why I started this thread.

How do I throw a texture on top? If someone could show me how I'll never have to ask again

The caw of myself is now on cc and everything is done minus a decent face texture. If anyone could put one on for me and reupload it for me that would be great! Tags are most recent Smacktalks.

The name of the caw is my username on here.

Could someone please still teach me how to make a face texture? I want to make some of my friends.

Forget textures atm. That pic could be a great scan. Color may be the only thing you'd have to change. Just upload it as a face photo and give it a shot.

I'm trying to get pics and stuff together to create a decent tutorial, but it may take time for me to get it all ready.

How did you cut it out? Looks insanely sloppy and choppy as hell, it isn't likely to have a decent result in game. Try cutting it out with smooth edges, and be more careful around the eyes so you don't lose the detailing from the eyelids. I'd also recommend getting rid of the dark edges so they don't show up in game, I usually brush around the edges of my face textures with a soft brush (just use the skin tone for your colour and lower the opacity so it doesn't look unnatural) to balance out the skin tone so it blends better in game.

I'm using the xgimp app for Android. I'm fairly a beginner at this sort of thing. I use the eraser to delete the parts I don't need. What tools should I be using as I have no clue as to what the hell I'm doing...

slnprk.jpg

Maybe zoom in for accuracy, and use the free form tool to select what you choose to delete. (Can take some time, but keep being patient.) Maybe the blur tool (water drop) would be a lil easier to practice with? I still use it from time to time. It can be used to add transparency to the edges. Be careful around the eyes with it though like HiPcavallo has said. You'd like to keep the details on the eyelids.

I'm unfamiliar with the mobile version, but I believe it's set at 50%. And the size is prob around 25. You can change it if u want. Just remember it doesn't just add transparency. It blurs the surrounding colors. So if used on edges in an image with a transparent background  it can add transparency, but if used in the middle of an image it well, makes it blurry and crappy looking.