X-Packer 2017 / X-Rey 2.7 released

tekken57

5 hours ago, tekken57 said:

Yes you can. Take a look at my Hogan mod.

Sent you an email on 5 March already, check your spam box if you haven't received the email.

@Perfectplex, I found Mojo Rawleys moveset. It's a few slots after the last slot currently in X-Packer. Strangely enough ,there are duplicate slots before and after Mojo's slot e.g. slot 316 appears twice in the save file. 

Coding support for it in the next version, the offsets in save file have changed so an update is coming soon. All X-Packer users who have installed the latest patch are requested to wait for the new X-Packer update before trying to edit the save again.

When did the latest patch come out? I didn't receive an email for a patch. Look forward to the update. :)

Cheers Tekken I look forward to the update and the fix for the shdc byte bug.

I have looked into the slots and after some discussion with @pozzum he has shown me how the slot numbers are not actually the ch numbers and that I'd been misunderstanding how it works.

Could you consider stressing the menu slot numbers in the main UI rather than the ch numbers because its confusing.

Maybe saving the files as slot#_ch#_Name.pofo /.moveset

eg: "121-ch145 Shawn Michaels.pofo" or "121_145.pofo" something along that lines.

I always assumed the slot numbers had gaps in the list and used the ch numbers but it turns out the slot numbers are consecutive and the ch numbers aren't actually the slot numbers.

I am sure you are aware of this but just incase it helps and they haven't changed any slots with the DLC update then the duplicate slots are.

ch118 Eddie Guerrero : 111 & 379 (slots)

ch214 Luke Gallows : 139 & 380

ch225 Tatanka : 142 & 381

ch233 Sycho Sid : 144 & 382

ch237 Brutus Beefcake : 145 & 383

ch241 Greg Valentine : 147 & 384

ch244 Michael Hayes : 148 & 385

ch448 Big Show '99 : 234 & 388

ch617 Mojo Rawley : 389 ***

ch663 Albert : 340 & 393

ch664 Big Boss Man '99 : 341 & 394

ch665 Bret Hart '98 : 342 & 395

ch666 Buddy Roberts : 343 & 396

ch667 Jimmy Garvin : 344 & 397

ch668 Ivory : 345 & 398

ch669 Jacqueline : 346 & 399

ch670 Kevin Von Erich : 347 & 400

ch671 Kerry Von Erich : 348 & 401

ch673 Papa Shango : 350 & 402

ch674 Cactus Jack '92 : 351 & 403

ch675 DDP '92 : 352 & 404

ch676 Sting '88 : 353 & 405

ch677 Sting '98 : 354 & 410

ch683 Ho's : 360 & 407

ch684 AWA Referee : 361 & 408

There are also a couple of abandoned dupes.

ch681 JJ Dillon : 358 & 406

ch685 AWA Ring Announcer : 362 & 409

If you have a tediously long data sheet to create feel free to send it my way on a notepad that you can just copy paste into your source code or reference data sheet and I will do the list to save you some time if you wish if you just do the first couple of entries so I see the format you need it in.

I know you have little free time due to other commitments and trying to focus on an updated x-rey (any updated news on that?) so anything I can help with I'd be happy to assist as I'm sure many others are.

1 hour ago, laddanator said:

When did the latest patch come out? I didn't receive an email for a patch. Look forward to the update. :)

He means the DLC patch for the game as it isn't compatible with X-pacKer 2K17.

5 minutes ago, Perfectplex said:

He means the DLC patch for the game as it isn't compatible with X-pacKer 2K17

Makes sense now that you say it! :) I wasn't thinking about the DLC stuff.

X-Packer 2017.2 has been released and emailed to all who have donated. 2017.2 supports the latest patch and also fixes the reading of names with SHDC files.

@Perfectplex , With previous games the names of the wrestlers used to be stored in the pofo files which made reading the names easier. If I am to display the names of the wrestlers for each slot, it would have to be read from the string file as people can assign whoever they want to each of the slots or add wrestlers into unused slots. This means that each time someone injects or reads any of the save files, I need to  match every single string reference within the pofo to an entry in the string file. This would make the program very slow. If you have an alternate suggestion, let me know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tekken57 said:

@Perfectplex , With previous games the names of the wrestlers used to be stored in the pofo files which made reading the names easier. If I am to display the names of the wrestlers for each slot, it would have to be read from the string file as people can assign whoever they want to each of the slots or add wrestlers into unused slots. This means that each time someone injects or reads any of the save files, I need to  match every single string reference within the pofo to an entry in the string file. This would make the program very slow. If you have an alternate suggestion, let me know.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

I see your point about the character names, I guess that would be a lot of messing about and would cause confusion if people replace characters.

However what I meant is could a column be added to this menu to include the Menu Sort Number, I know we can open the pofo to check or count down the list manually but it would be a useful addition.

a94500e20569476f79e195715be0169e.png

Also for the extracted file name I understand the issue with the character name but would it not make more sense to be called something like "Slot 109 - ch114.pofo", this way people learn the slot numbers and the ch numbers importance and difference.

27a95ddc84990b3a9209f94f935d8b95.png

If not no worries, it just caused me some confusion until I realised that slot 114 is actually slot 109, slot 115 is slot 110  and so on.

Whatever you decide I will respect your decision and appreciate your work and I do have a notepad with the list on anyway.

One extra thing, when I mass extract the pofos and movesets (2017.2) it gets so far along then asks to overwrite again, would I be correct in assuming this is because it is finding the duplicate entries and choosing to overwrite the earlier entry with the latter?

eg: as it extracts all it finds Menu slot 111 which is ch118 Eddie Guerrero then as it gets to extracting menu slot 379 this is also ch118 Eddie Guerrero so asks to overwrite?

If so would this cause problems when it comes to inserting a mod into the redundant menu slots?

eg: inserting a mod into slot 111 because Eddie no longer needs it as he is now slot 379.

Did I make sense with that :wacko:? I hope so, if not just tell me what part I didn't make sense on and I will try to explain it a little clearer.

Here is a mock up of what I had in mind.

8a787338397a024eb8ed8500e076cef6.png

As you can see at the bottom I cropped from 111 to 379, the reason for this is because it is a duplicate entry for ch118 (Eddie Guerrero) and not sure if to just call it "Slot 111 - ch___" leaving a blank number or if to leave it as 118.

Edited by Perfectplex

The slot numbers used to correspond to the wrestler id's but the dev's removed all the unused slots to prevent the addition of more wrestlers. I actually intended the id column to be used for the actual slot number, but I never got the time to code it. Will look into it on future releases.

I don't think it's a good idea to add the slot and the ch number in the first column. It's taken me a few years to get people to understand how the slots work and how they correspond to wrestler pac files.

The duplicate slot  numbers is what I was talking about my previous reply. There are duplicate entries after slot 700, this is why I coded X-Packer to stop reading. However Mojo's moveset appears in between these duplicate slot numbers so I enabled reading of those slots.

With regards to the sort number, the game discards this value and now sorts alphabetically.

I'm busy coding the animation functionality for X-Rey at the moment, trying to make it as easy as possible for people to inject the animations.

@tekken57

Found a bug in Xpacker.

It cannot properly read texture archives that have more than 255 dds files inside.

It reads the texture archive size by the first byte, so the max is FF (255). Anything over 255 uses two or more bytes and therefore cannot be properly read by XP.

I have an archive with 260 dds files in it. That is 01 04 in hex (04 01 reversed inside the archive pac). By default XP reads this archive as having four textures. By changing the first byte to FF I was able to get XP to read 255 textures, but can't access the final five textures.

On 2017/03/10 at 6:16 AM, LordJustice17 said:

@tekken57

Found a bug in Xpacker.

It cannot properly read texture archives that have more than 255 dds files inside.

It reads the texture archive size by the first byte, so the max is FF (255). Anything over 255 uses two or more bytes and therefore cannot be properly read by XP.

I have an archive with 260 dds files in it. That is 01 04 in hex (04 01 reversed inside the archive pac). By default XP reads this archive as having four textures. By changing the first byte to FF I was able to get XP to read 255 textures, but can't access the final five textures.

Jeepers, when coding the texture archive function for the ps2 I never imagined that there would be more than 255 textures in one archive. Will have to read an additional byte to get the correct filesize. Email me the texture archive you are working with so I can I test, alternatively tell me which archive it is so I can use mine from the game install directory.

On 2017/03/10 at 7:59 AM, AlcLegacy said:

@tekken57    I've found that in Xrey, specifically when trying to extract the header info and object info from Bubba Ray and Brock Lesnar's 2k17 models, i get this error.

2eg9vsg.jpg

I've tried the models you've mentioned and there is an error indeed. It seems like they made some changes to the model format. Will have to see what's changed.

15 hours ago, P Mac said:

Hey @tekken57, if I paid for X Packer 2016, do I need to pay again for X Packer 2017.2? I ask because I haven't received an update lol

Yes you will need to. I state this in all the X-Packer threads over the years i.e. from the first post of this thread:

4. I create a new x-packer for each new wwe game and these require separate licenses I.e. X-Packer 2016 for 2k16,  X-Packer 2017 for 2k17 etc. 

This is a tutorial for creating animated mods using the upcoming version of X-Rey. I haven't completed coding the functionality as yet, however you guy can still follow the tutorial to prepare your animated meshes in anticipation of the upcoming release. 

To reiterate what I mentioned before, this won't be a free update to existing X-Rey users as coding the animation functionality is a significant amount of work. To be fair, anyone who has donated from the release date of the game (11 October 2016) will receive the update without needing to donate again.

You will only need this update if you intend to create animated meshes, otherwise you can use older versions of X-Rey with 2k17 models by changing the header from YOBJ to JBOY in a hex editor.

Please post any questions or discussions around this tutorial in my X-Packer thread:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tekken57 said:

This is a tutorial for creating animated mods using the upcoming version of X-Rey. I haven't completed coding the functionality as yet, however you guy can still follow the tutorial to prepare your animated meshes in anticipation of the upcoming release. 

To reiterate what I mentioned before, this won't be a free update to existing X-Rey users as coding the animation functionality is a significant amount of work. To be fair, anyone who has donated from the release date of the game (11 October 2016) will receive the update without needing to donate again.

You will only need this update if you intend to create animated meshes, otherwise you can use older versions of X-Rey with 2k17 models by changing the header from YOBJ to JBOY in a hex editor.

Please post any questions or discussions around this tutorial in my X-Packer thread:

The video isn't available in the UK... Can you please make it?

Hi  I was wondering how come some times I get empty pofo slots and with 0 value and I can not use them using the xpacked 17.2 ? and some slots like 464 is missing I can not find it in the list using the xpakcer ?

1 hour ago, B2Y said:

Hi  I was wondering how come some times I get empty pofo slots and with 0 value and I can not use them using the xpacked 17.2 ? and some slots like 464 is missing I can not find it in the list using the xpakcer ?

I have the same issue.

2 hours ago, jakeypearce said:

The video isn't available in the UK... Can you please make it?

Damn, got a notice from Youtube stating that the video won't be available in certain countries because of the music playing on the wwe2k17 menu screen. Don't know how to overcome this. Can you not use a proxy server to access the video?

1 hour ago, B2Y said:

28 minutes ago, laddanator said:

I have the same issue.

If you are getting a slots = 0 in X-Packer then this means that you do not have the latest patch installed for the game. Update your game and this issue will go away.

1 minute ago, tekken57 said:

Damn, got a notice from Youtube stating that the video won't be available in certain countries because of the music playing on the wwe2k17 menu screen. Don't know how to overcome this. Can you not use a proxy server to access the video?

I was thinking about using a proxy. I'll try it and see, the only issue (from my experience) is that the proxy server is usually horrendous when it comes to streaming content. I'll have a go, anyway, and get back to you.

I am all in for you charging people every year but I think having to pay $14 and $13 every year for the same tool with some new features is a bit too much. I think it should be like something close to $5 for the new updates and if someone never bought it he pays the full price. At the end of the day it's your tool and you, of course are free to make people pay whatever you want. But considering I got the deluxe edition for $25 and the tools cost $27 is a bit too much especially for someone who paid for the tools the last two years. There's also tools out there for free that literally does everything X-Packer do for free and at some point I am pretty sure we will have an X-rey like tool. People who donated this year will most likely no longer donate on the next following years because there are free alternatives and your tools are very pricey. If I had to choose between a free tool and a $5 X-Packer I would go with X-Packer because I am more used to it but if it was $14 vs the free tool I will def go with the free tool and try to get used to it rather than pay $14. Sorry for the rant, was just trying to voice an opinion which a lot of people have.

• Like 1

@Auday Elyafe , you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Honestly it's not worth my time and effort to charge an annual update fee of $5 as I have to pay fees to paypal, currency conversion fees, bank fees and then a 40% tax applicable to my country. $5 would equate to around $1 to $1.50 per donation, which is practically nothing here.

In the four years that I have coded X-Rey I haven't charged for a single update, however the amount of research and coding to add support for animations was significant and has taken me over three months to complete. This is the reason for opting to charge for this update to X-Rey.

With regards to X-Packer, it takes me months to code functionality for three different systems, code updates throughout the year, do the administration with regards to processing donations, answering countless questions and proving hours of user support. Not to mention documenting every single discovery I make, releasing the information so that others can mod without my tools/create tools of their own and creating & uploading video tutorials. All of which cost me time, money and bandwidth and is effectively like a second job for me. I have full time job and a family to support, hence my spare time is very limited. I would rather focus my energy on coding applications which are worth my time and effort.

I thank you for your support over the years and it's your prerogative whether to continue utilizing my tools in forthcoming years.

• Like 1

i find it funny people seem to think 15 dollars is alot of money? if you've been around as long as I have its nothing.. the irony is people paying period when they initially frown on brienj for doing this. Once they saw the amount of work involved perceptions changed. in this case the people wanting to get xpacker/xrey for cheaper, need to take heed to what tekken just said and has said for years. xpacker is not free. it cost him something more valuable than money and that is time with his family. people like you aud.. gave hacker t hell when he did a free tool, so why not pay the only person who hasn't abandoned this scene and makes your games worth more than the 150 you paid for it. moving on. thanks tekken for your help and sacrifice. hell thanks to all you guys especaily the guys working on the legends game, wish i could contibute more but my time is hella limited also.