X-Packer 2017 / X-Rey 2.7 released

tekken57

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 4:59 AM, tekken57 said:

I'm still on windows 7 so I can't replicate the error. X-packer should remember the last location you opened a file from. Is one drive set as your default storage location on windows?

No. It opens the last location like it should (and no, it isn't one drive), but when the file open dialog comes up, it automatically starts One Drive setup. I don't even have One Drive active/configured. It happens every single time I open a file Dialog in X-Packer 2017 or 2016 (unless I let One Drive sit there active, in which case it doesn't start it again).
Maybe it's also only a specific problem to my desktop. I wish I could test this with my laptop and my downstairs desktop as well to see if it's reproducible there, too.

By the way, you should still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free still via Microsoft's official Media Creation Tool and your Windows 7 key (according to a recent Gamestar article, at least), even though the upgrade period is officially over (you'll have to upgrade is once, but you can even install your old Windows again and run a dual boot setup so you can test your software on 10 if you prefer using 7).

Edited by Cave Waverider

2 hours ago, buffdiaz said:

does anyone know where the save files are located this year?

Same as last year but with another id:

\Steam\userdata\xxx\510510\remote

All in one file this year.

Edited by TheVisitorX

@tekken57

I was just wondering if my serial key I got with my purchase of X-Rey 1.2 would still be usable for the newest update? I used to be NERDGFX but I was wondering if that donation counted or if I needed to redonate to get the newest X-Rey?

X-Packer 2017.1 has been released and emailed to all who have donated. Please ensure that you take full backups of your save files before attempting to edit them.

The procedure for working with the saves is different this year as the save file itself is vastly different from previous years. Procedure is as follows:

- Start WWE 2k17  and to the title screen where the game menu's a re displayed (i.e one on one match, etc)
- Start the 64 Bit version of X-Packer and click:  File - open - WWE 2k17 - Pc Save File - Dump Memory
- Select a location for the save files to be stored
- Open the files which are created by using the menu items under the PC Save File menu in X-Packer

Video tutorial of the above:

@Cave Waverider , I've tried X-Packer on my sisters Windows 10 pc and I don't get the One Drive issue you are experiencing. Please contact me via email so that I can troubleshoot further and resolve your issue: sf4mods@gmail.com

@RollingRocky300 , email with the links to the program ave been sent to you.

@dunhill1986 , the latest version of X-Packer has just been released where you can add wrestlers to the game.

@Ollie™ , the lastest version of X-Rey is v1.7. You should have this version already, if not email me.

The next version of X-Rey i.e. v2 will only be ready in about 3 -4 weeks. I haven't charged for an update to X-Rey in four years, however this update will take a significant amount of work and hence you will require another licence for this. To be clear, the main feature of X-Rey v2 is to create mods with facial animations, if you don't intend on doing this, you do not need v2.

X-Rey v.1.7 can open 2k17 yobj files, all you need to do is change the header from YOBJ to JBOY.

27 minutes ago, kim666 said:

Thanks alot for the new x-packer version with pc support. 

There is a small copy/paste mistake in the first post. 

"I will be requiring a minimum $14 donation for X-Packer 10."

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed the typo.

The typo has probably been there for two years (including X-Packer 2016) :lol

• Like 1

So @tekken57 please help me understand. So the steam/pc version of WWE2K17 is the only version you can add wrestlers to? I'm confused because I thought the pc code was now like the 360/ps3 versions? so we in theory should now be able to add wrestlers to the last gen consoles also right?

Edited by zhigge

Am I doing something wrong with the new version of x-packer?

I'm trying to add hogan... i did exactly what you said to do in the video but the game crashes just before the match up screen is about to finish loading.

Cn you please tell me how to link the model pac file to the actual pofo done in the xpacker..

also, how can I add the entrances from 2015 and 2k16? im trying to add piper's one over the rocks and it just shows the rock by default even if i edited the name on hex,

I appreciate your help

37 minutes ago, PickleTennis said:

Bought it. Thank you for a great tool :)

Thank you. Sent you an email with the link to the program.

25 minutes ago, zhigge said:

So @tekken57 please help me understand. So the steam/pc version of WWE2K17 is the only version you can add wrestlers to? I'm confused because I thought the pc code was now like the 360/ps3 versions? so we in theory should now be able to add wrestlers to the last gen consoles also right?

No the pc version does not have arc files at all. This is the reason why content cannot be added to the 360 /ps3 versions. I've tried everything to get the 360 version to run without arcs but failed.

1 hour ago, TheHeartbrokenKid said:

@tekken57 Any chance we'll be able to get the animated renders working for mods?

Haven't looked into the renders as yet, however if the files are the same format as last year, then unfortunately no.

32 minutes ago, mr.mael said:

I'm trying to add hogan... i did exactly what you said to do in the video but the game crashes just before the match up screen is about to finish loading.

Cn you please tell me how to link the model pac file to the actual pofo done in the xpacker..

also, how can I add the entrances from 2015 and 2k16? im trying to add piper's one over the rocks and it just shows the rock by default even if i edited the name on hex,

I appreciate your help

If the game crashes then it means that the pac file is not compatible.

Do this, take a 2k16 pac file and ensure that it is named the same as your slot e.g. if you are using slot 460, then your pac should be named 00046002. When you open the pac file in X-Packer ensure that name of the pach file displayed is also 00046002. You can rename the pach by right clicking in X-Packer.

Now that you have a 2k16 pac file prepared, take a 2k17 pac e.g. Billy Gunn's pac file, open it in X-Packer and extract the SHDC file from inside it. Inject your Hogan 0000.yobj, 000C, 000A and 2715 files into the Billy Gunn  SHDC file. Inject the SHDC file into the 2k16 pac you prepared earlier. Try to run the game again.

To be clear:

Game crashing when loading an added wrestler = Incompatible pac file

Game loading infinitely = too big pac file e.g. too many wrestler yobj files in a single pac

37 minutes ago, mr.mael said:

I appreciate your help

Make sure the pach file and pac file both have the correct id for the ch file you dropped in. If it's crashing means the id most likely doesn't match. From what I understood pofo and moveset are identical to last year so you can import it but don't hold me to that.