X-Packer 2017 / X-Rey 2.7 released

tekken57

Here's the full error text; https://justpaste.it/10wjp

.net Framework 2 is already installed on Windows 8, and i've got .net Framework 4.5.2 installed too. Config file is definitely still there too.

Thanks for looking in to this.

The error you have posted is directly related to X-Rey not being able to read the config file. Follow these steps:

1. Ensure that you have all the .net frameworks installed i.e .net 2, 4 and 4.5

Download page for v4: https://www.microsoft.com/EN-US/DOWNLOAD/confirmation.aspx?id=17718 , download for v4.5: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

2. Make sure that X-Rey is running as administrator.

3. Also ensure that X-Rey has access to the folder in which it is installed.

Let me know if that works for you.

@manolops3 this error is due to the slimDX framework being installed, install this and let me know if it works.

@Diante22 , which version of the game are you using? It also depends on how badly the save is corrupted, if the contents of the file is not corrupted, then it may not be possible to extract data.

@tekken57 

Hey man I know you're extremely busy with X-Packer and whatnot but I wanted to ask you if you could look into finding a way to make 2k16/2k17 entrances & winning animations compatible for 2k14 in the downtime before 2k17 comes out for pc. Its one of the last good pieces of the puzzle for creating the ultimate last gen legends game(outside of importing moves from 2k15-2k17, importing cutscenes from showcases to create a story & figuring out how they programmed multiple managers into 2k15). Thanks a lot.

Edited by rj10018576
  • Like 1

got this error message when i try to click on the import Button in X Rey...

acsoeilq.png

got the same error, I downloaded and installed first .NET 4.0 (x64) and then .NET 2.0 from here https://slimdx.org/download.php . Now if I open a yobi all the model files in the preview are shown fu*** up. like this: 

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161202/yrgu6e8b.png

ycqnw6d4.png

when I open the yobi file in the 3d builder preview it's looking almost fine

6gbg4xnz.png

.net Framework 2 is already installed on Windows 8, and i've got .net Framework 4.5.2 installed too. Config file is definitely still there too.

The error you have posted is directly related to X-Rey not being able to read the config file. Follow these steps:

Download page for v4: https://www.microsoft.com/EN-US/DOWNLOAD/confirmation.aspx?id=17718 , download for v4.5: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642

@manolops3 this error is due to the slimDX framework being installed, install this and let me know if it works.

@Diante22 , which version of the game are you using? It also depends on how badly the save is corrupted, if the contents of the file is not corrupted, then it may not be possible to extract data.

tried that as well windows telling me that I already have the .NET's installed

even tried it with "reload model" still the strange looking models

Edited by MisterJay

All Frameworks are definitely installed, and up-to-date. Tried running as administrator, no luck. Made sure it has access to the folder. It's been in the same folder, working fine for at least a year without an issues. 

Any other suggestions?

@MisterJay , got the same error, I downloaded and installed first .NET 4.0 (x64) and then .NET 2.0 from here https://slimdx.org/download.php . Now if I open a yobi all the model files in the preview are shown fu*** up. like this:

The error is due to your computer using a comma ',' instead of a dot '.' for your decimal seperator, You need to change this setting to a dot '.' in your windows settings. That will resolve your issue. Please refrain from using obscenities, we do not encourage that kind of language on this forum. 

@EL_G, please open the x-rey.exe.config file in notepad and see if the contents are still fine. I can't think of anything else which could be causing your issue except for X-Rey not being able to access the config file due to rights or an antivirus program. I'm going to try to recompile X-Rey using .net 4.5 exclusively during the week and email it you, maybe that will sort your issue out. Sorry for the inconvenience, will send you a new build soon.

@Diante22, I haven't coded support for caw data in 2k17 save files as yet as there was very little demand for this last year. I may code support for this in future.

hi, I'm interested in x-packer for ps3 2k14 game.

does it have a moveset editor?

can I inject CAWs from other peoples save into mine?

can you tool help replace arenas from wwe '13 to w2k14?

I have a CFW ps3.

what else can it do, is there a page or something dedicated to all of this where I could read more about? thanks

tried writing you a pm but system spit en error saying you cannot receive them.

The error is due to your computer using a comma ',' instead of a dot '.' for your decimal seperator, You need to change this setting to a dot '.' in your windows settings. That will resolve your issue. Please refrain from using obscenities, we do not encourage that kind of language on this forum. 

thank you for ur help! that solved my problem. and sorry for the language i had no other word at hand at that moment thats why i used the  stars. anyway won't happen again.

@tekken57 I thought i'd let you know that i've figured out my issue, and I've got X-rey working again. My issue was that i'd been programming in Visual Studio and a project had corrupted the latest Framework, so even though it was saying it was installed, it was no longer installed correctly. I went through and uninstalled all Framework's and reinstalled and my problem is solved. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

Hi, im new with this Modding topics, i want to know if with this X-Packer i can modify screen selection picture of all wrestlers [i have PS3 CFW and XBOX LT3.0]

like this example picture ^_^, i really appreciate your help guys thanks a lot!

KF820Wb.png

I have a CFW ps3.

what else can it do, is there a page or something dedicated to all of this where I could read more about? thanks

Yes you can inject caws into a wwe 2k14 save on CFW ps3. You can extract and inject movesets, custom arena's etc from one wwe 2k14 save to another but older games custom content cannot be imported into 2k14 i.e 2k13 cannot be imported into a 2k14 save. There are quite a few guides on this site as well as on my site on how to use X-Packer.

thank you for ur help! that solved my problem. and sorry for the language i had no other word at hand at that moment thats why i used the  stars. anyway won't happen again.

Glad to hear that you sorted your issue out.

@tekken57 I thought i'd let you know that i've figured out my issue, and I've got X-rey working again. My issue was that i'd been programming in Visual Studio and a project had corrupted the latest Framework, so even though it was saying it was installed, it was no longer installed correctly. I went through and uninstalled all Framework's and reinstalled and my problem is solved. Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

No problem. I have recompiled the program for the .net framework 4.5.2 anyways so future releases will support the latest version.

Hi, im new with this Modding topics, i want to know if with this X-Packer i can modify screen selection picture of all wrestlers [i have PS3 CFW and XBOX LT3.0]

KF820Wb.png

I can't see the picute you have uploaded, but yes you can add new renders to the game and also replace existing wrestlers with X-Packer.

• Like 1

@tekken57 

Hey man I know you're extremely busy with X-Packer and whatnot but I wanted to ask you if you could look into finding a way to make 2k16/2k17 entrances & winning animations compatible for 2k14 in the downtime before 2k17 comes out for pc. Its one of the last good pieces of the puzzle for creating the ultimate last gen legends game(outside of importing moves from 2k15-2k17, importing cutscenes from showcases to create a story & figuring out how they programmed multiple managers into 2k15). Thanks a lot.

@tekken57 did you see this?

Edited by rj10018576

@tekken57 

@tekken57 did you see this?

I looked into animation over the years to see if I could port animations between games and also between the pc and the consoles. However, I've had no luck in porting the animations as the animations make specific reference to the position of other objects such as arena ramps as well as the postion of the bones of models which change over the years. So sadly, I've pretty much hit a dead end in this avenue.

I have a CFW ps3.

Yes you can inject caws into a wwe 2k14 save on CFW ps3. You can extract and inject movesets, custom arena's etc from one wwe 2k14 save to another but older games custom content cannot be imported into 2k14 i.e 2k13 cannot be imported into a 2k14 save. There are quite a few guides on this site as well as on my site on how to use X-Packer.

Glad to hear that you sorted your issue out.

No problem. I have recompiled the program for the .net framework 4.5.2 anyways so future releases will support the latest version.

KF820Wb.png

I can't see the picute you have uploaded, but yes you can add new renders to the game and also replace existing wrestlers with X-Packer.

Sr. how i can buy to you the X-packer ? after the purchase, exist some tutorial to modify the renders of roster ?

thanks a  lot :D

_________

This is the image sr ^^

http://orig06.deviantart.net/b433/f/2016/342/b/c/example_by_saskoso-daqzofx.png

or...

example_by_saskoso-daqzofx.png

@saskoso, the instructions to donate are in the first post.

for those people wanting support for created items in the 2k17 save, please do the following for me: 

create a save for me creating an item in the first and last slot of each category. Name the first slot something like caw1, arena1, etc and the last slot caw 100, etc. 

Also state how many slots each category has. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just looking for clarification before I donate. Is the 2017 version out now? Basically if I donate now will I get access to the version that will work with 2K17 PC version when it's released.

Asking because I recently just swapped my hard drive and forgot I would lose access to X-Packer. It's not a problem because I was going to get the 2017 version anyway but just wanted to make sure if I donate now I'll be able to mod the PC version of 2K17 when it comes out.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post here, however I was just wondering if it's possible to convert PACHs to SHDC? When I tried to inject the Retro Rock texture from 2K14 into the 000C from 2K17, this happened:

aZLRS

Edited by jakeypearce

Sorry for the double post here, however I was just wondering if it's possible to convert PACHs to SHDC? When I tried to inject the Retro Rock texture from 2K14 into the 000C from 2K17, this happened:

aZLRS

Yes it is possible. The textures are not aligning is because the uv mapping are different between the two models. 

Is it possible to add it as a function in the Utilities section of X-Packer? Am I correct in guessing that if I were to inject the PACH as it is, the model would not load as the extension has become a PACH (rather than SHDC)?

Edited by jakeypearce

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just looking for clarification before I donate. Is the 2017 version out now? Basically if I donate now will I get access to the version that will work with 2K17 PC version when it's released.

Asking because I recently just swapped my hard drive and forgot I would lose access to X-Packer. It's not a problem because I was going to get the 2017 version anyway but just wanted to make sure if I donate now I'll be able to mod the PC version of 2K17 when it comes out.

Thanks.

yes you will get access to updates to X-packer 2017 when the pc version is released. 

Is it possible to add it as a function in the Utilities section of X-Packer? Am I correct in guessing that if I were to inject the PACH as it is, the model would not load as the extension has become a PACH (rather than SHDC)?

you can inject a pach into a 2k17 pac file and the game will load it fine, just remember to change the filesize in the arc

• Like 1