I wasn't targeting you Slate, nor anyone specifically. I'll admit there aren't many, but there are still trash-talkers on these forums. I wanted to put them in their place, and let them know that I'm sick of it. If I see someone bad mouthing someone else's work, I'm going to be upset, and I'm not going to put up with it. People spend alot of their own time creating things that increase many other people's game experience. Trash-talkers should be thankful for the contributions to the community, and should respect the creator's efforts. If they don't like a creation they can help the creator make it that much better instead. I'm not as upset over the veteran creators not taking someone under their wing. It sucks though. I wish we could share our knowledge with each other to help, but it is what it is. I'm getting better by myself. It's alot slower of a pace, but if that's what it takes so I can share that knowledge later, so be it.

• Like 1

Working on Cody Hall now. I cannot find a good face. If anyone has one, would you be willing to let me use it? Right now I'm piecing together pictures and throwing them over a base CaWs face as a template, and it is frustrating...

wsphxw.png

I pulled a screenshot off game of the base caw's face so that I'd know everything would fit properly, and all that. Then googled bad pics of him / youtubed vignettes hoping for a few good frames. Pieced together the best I could and blended or changed colors to match. I have the shadows and lighting fixed now. I'm testing it. Here's the one attire set in stone since I have the logos ready. I'm trying to up my game. I'll be trying to make a cutout of a logo with blended edges for the bulletclub logo on the back of his trunks too. That way the logo's material can be changed.

I'll be making sure all of his features match up, before sending him off to deadmanrising. He's going to do most of the morphing for the body and face. I'll tweak it afterwards, and we won't stop until we're both pleased with it. I'm planning on doing this attire, but I want him to pick up some more skills too, so I'd like him to make the second.

161.jpg

If any creator new or old, regardless of experience or skill level wants to work on a project together to teach/learn, feel free to drop a response here or send a private message. My current plan is posted at the top of the main page, but can change. If you see something on the list that you would like to work with me on, you know what to do.

• Like 1

Hey Raven,

just curious / got any tips on best way to take the shine off the faces? Is it to use facepaint in the attires or is it best to mess around with the original jpeg of the face photo before uploading it?

That Cody looks awesome, and your Kozlov is amazing.

Hey Raven,

just curious / got any tips on best way to take the shine off the faces? Is it to use facepaint in the attires or is it best to mess around with the original jpeg of the face photo before uploading it?

That Cody looks awesome, and your Kozlov is amazing.

I want to make sure I can answer your question fully, so I'll give different options, and try to weigh out pros and cons for each. If you are talking about shine from the option in CaW mode, then you can lower it under the face menu. It will be called Body Oil. If you need to take shine off of a scan or texture, facepaints can work. The pros is that it's fast and easy, but it would also dilute the facial features like wrinkles. Even carefully placed logos can do the same.

I would suggest re-uploading it after taking the shine off on your pc. The idea is to use the eyedropper tool to find a good skin tone, and then dropping the transparency of the brush and going over the shine. The results are basically the same in the sense that it can dilute the texture, but since you get more control over what is being targeted, you can focus on the shine, and not the features. Have ctrl+z ready because you'll probably need to undo alot. If it doesn't flow, then redo it. I will admit that I'm not the most experienced doing it, but this is the system I'm going to start using.

One last request is to turn it into a png so that you can use transparency on the edges of the face so that is blends good in-game. If you have any other questions, or need some help, you can ask. I also have a tutorial up, and I can give you the link. It might teach you more.

Eww... Just noticed his BC logo on the back. You guys think it's too bright? It's going to haunt me now.

Fixed logo. Changed trunks to give it a more comparable texture to the real pair. Changes aren't large enough for another update yet, but hopefully sometime soon.
If anyone has ideas for his back tat, I'm all ears. Can't find it on google, the quality sucks on youtube, and I can't even find partials to piece together.

Edited by RaVeN_1515

If anyone has ideas for his back tat, I'm all ears. Can't find it on google, the quality sucks on youtube, and I can't even find partials to piece together.

His back tat is the Sublime album cover from "40oz to Freedom". The artwork is definitely google-able and you might be able to even find photos of people with it tattooed already so the logo could be on a flesh-like texture. Just an idea!

Edited by CPfromGV
spelling, grammar

His back tat is the Sublime album cover from "40oz to Freedom". The artwork is definitely google-able and you might be able to even find photos of people with it tattooed already so the logo could be on a flesh-like texture. Just an idea!

You're a life saver! I'll look into it!

Cody Hall looks good, I would make his head a bit taller at the top and add some forehead and top forehead - it is sloped in real life but not that much - make the overall head a bit taller too.

Really nice work on Cody, hopefully you do more NJPW guys, maybe even some ROH guys, I'm bad at textures but I can find references for attires

If I do, then I'd definitely need help since I probably don't know alot of those guys as well as you, or someone else.

Cody Hall looks good, I would make his head a bit taller at the top and add some forehead and top forehead - it is sloped in real life but not that much - make the overall head a bit taller too.

WARNING! You can't un-see it!!

I'll try that today. I didn't want to say anything until I had worked on his face, but I see Dykstra.. lol 

Edited by RaVeN_1515

Finished! I like it better. Is this what you had meant? I'll be looking into his hairline as well.

ftq4no.png

Edited by RaVeN_1515