Tutorial to Convert SHDC format to PACH format

CenzTom

How to convert SHDC to PACH:

Step 1: Open your extracted SHDC File.

DzNOYPr.png

Step 2: Change SHDC to PACH & Change the Values DA 07 to 03 00.

ioPRyiT.png

Step 3: Once you have done that. You will want to select a length of 74 from offset 8.
It will be just before "X" which is the first ZLIB Archive listed (1B58).

c0dCTyT.png

Step 4: Now. If you have a look at a real PACH you will see that the Y, Z and ZLIB are in different positions.
You need to remove 4 bytes before Y like below.

QKGTaXP.png

Step 5: Once you have done that. Do the exact same for Z.

lwd6cYW.png

Step 6: Now, do the same for ZLIB.

Yxyi7TS.png

It should now look like this:

F395bUS.png

Step 7: Here comes all the offset trickery now. Every offset in a PACH is calculated at an offset 2B bytes before the real offset.
So as an example. At offset 0C it will have AC there. If you highlight 20 bytes from offset 0C it will be at the first ZLIB which is at offset 2B.

5LruO2D.png

Step 8: SO! With that in mind, We MUST change the offsets now. Now we will start from offset 0C. We need to change "AC" to "00" because "00"
is 2B bytes behind offset 2B.

e1G6j2L.png

Step 9: Now we search for the 2nd ZLIB and we select 2B bytes from 1 byte before the ZLIB name.
Like this. For me it will be offset E4C (2B bytes before .ZLIB)

diDQAtR.png

Step 10: Now put those bytes into the offset of 1B59 like this.

BMWV7vy.png

Step 11: Do the same for the final ZLIB. It will most likely be an offset like "1B718" so if you have trouble reversing it so it works just use a hex calculator and clik "MOT" if using Hexit.
You will have to write the offset in this area:

NdklgAa.png

NOW your PAC will work in X-Packer and you can uncompress the ZLIB's contained in them.

bfMbCsq.png

It becomes a very basic method once you get the hang of how to do it. It becomes really basic.

Discovered by Cenz & Tom

Written by Cenz

Edited by CenzTom
  • Like 2

@CenzTom Awesome find guys :D This means we can have a go at porting 2K17 models to 2K16, yeah?

Just a heads up, the images aren't working, did you upload to imgur? Some sites don't work on this forum unfortunately, if you could reupload them to somewhere different that'd be awesome.

@CenzTom Awesome find guys :D This means we can have a go at porting 2K17 models to 2K16, yeah?

Just a heads up, the images aren't working, did you upload to imgur? Some sites don't work on this forum unfortunately, if you could reupload them to somewhere different that'd be awesome.

Oh shit! I wasn't aware of that, does photo bucket work with this website? Because yeh i used imgur and when I uploaded the tut the pics worked fine. I'll surely reupload them ;)

Oh shit! I wasn't aware of that, does photo bucket work with this website? Because yeh i used imgur and when I uploaded the tut the pics worked fine. I'll surely reupload them ;)

they work you just have to open them in a new tab making a bit harder to follow the tutorial.

• 3 months later...

Hey man, thanks for doing this... I'm sorta a designer more than a programmer guy so I need some help. I'm still on 2k16 atm and I just downloaded some 2k17 ch.pac of Billy Gunn and Road Dogg to use in 2k16. I wanted to mod their textures and such so I tried to decompress the extracted the pach from their pacs but found out that the files were shdc. Tried to follow your tutorial to convert shdc to pach but ended up really confused. I don't know what I'm doing! Help

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Dollarman said:

Open on a new page the pic and press F5.

Just not working for me. I tried before I posted, but says can't load image due to an error.

• 3 months later...