Finally... New entrances with facial animations

Mathayus

So... I was reading older posts in the forum and I found a post by Tekken that pointed me in the right direction.

I added some new models from 2K17 but I forgot that some files need to be replaced to get facial animations in the game, so I got Goldberg without facial animation when I injected al the files, and the normal entrance was freezed when the entrance ends. So I was thinking... What happens If I use a 2K16 entrance with this model? I added DDP entrance and there was. Facial animation with the entrance.

I don`t remember if the file is 006E what you need to let to get the new animation. So you´ll need to have a newer file for an entrance attire to get the facial animation and an 2K14 file in ring model to get entrance with animation and in ring. The only problem is that newer winings still be without facial animation.

• Like 3

Neat find! :) What about for older entrances on 2K17? It's really annoying having to see Rock without facial animations. :p

You´ll need to add an entrance attire for the Rock, like the in ring attire, then get the 2K14 006E from 2K14 and inject it in the new pac. But since 2K17 is not moddable in xbox360, I ´dont´know if the non arc still works in PS3 for 2K17 to add it, but with wrestlers with entrance attire you probably get success.

Neat find! :) What about for older entrances on 2K17? It's really annoying having to see Rock without facial animations. :p

You´ll need to add an entrance attire for the Rock, like the in ring attire, then get the 2K14 006E from 2K14 and inject it in the new pac. But since 2K17 is not moddable in xbox360, I ´dont´know if the non arc still works in PS3 for 2K17 to add it, but with wrestlers with entrance attire you probably get success.

If you can, send me the link for UndertakerWLF's non arc trick on 2K16, and I'll give it a go. Also, is it even to mod the pac files this year? I know you can extract the textures. Do I use the PACEdit tool?

Edited by jakeypearce

Im not sure I fully understand but this sounds like a big breakthough.

Are you adding the 006E from 2k14 to a 2k17 pac or the pach files from a 2k17 pac to a 2k14 pac.

From 2K17 to 2K14, I´m getting back to mod 2K14. I tried that with Roman reigns from 2K17 and DDP entrance and surprise. Now you can get a lot of legends with facial animation in the entrance. Jakepierce give me an idea to add entries to select new moves since I unlocked Hogan comeback and taunts in 2K17 and now are selectables.

I´m going to try with the entrance Hogan attires to see the 2K15 entrance in 2K14.

If you can, send me the link for UndertakerWLF's non arc trick on 2K16, and I'll give it a go. Also, is it even to mod the pac files this year? I know you can extract the textures. Do I use the PACEdit tool?

I haven´t, that was made by Kim and UndertakerWLF, but since I use xbox I don´t know so much about that. Only that you can add whatever you want without the arc problem, adding the attires you want, etc...

He modded the Eboot file erasing a lot of entries.

Another thing, it´s easy to extract the files from the pac file now with the new tool. But X-Packer have a trouble for create a new pach with the files cause file names have two values max. and for hair and other files you need four.

Edited by Mathayus

What do you mean? It is for WWE 2K15/2K16 entrances and I hope 2K17 too. I didn´t try to add any 2K17 entrance yet. And inverse, using 2K14 and 13 entrances in 2K15/2K16, probably it would works too.

Hmm Im still not sure I get it, Im trying to add facial animations to Honky Tonk Mans Entrance attire, I tried injecting the 006E from 2k14, 2k15 and 2k16 but he has no facial animation regardless of which file I use. 

Am I missing something?

Hmm Im still not sure I get it, Im trying to add facial animations to Honky Tonk Mans Entrance attire, I tried injecting the 006E from 2k14, 2k15 and 2k16 but he has no facial animation regardless of which file I use. 

Am I missing something?

Agh! Sorry, I was too fast. Look at what i did. I extracted Roman Reigns 2K17 BPE files. I went to X-Packer and create a New Pach.

Selected all files by order, It creates me a pach and I inject into a pac and go to the game. I used 2K15 entrance and there was with facial animation. (I supossed it was that file) but X-Packer only took 2 values so my wrestler was without hair, eyebrows and last files: 2710, 4E22 and 9C40 and 9C4A it was 0010, 0022, 0040 and 004A. With that files my wrestler haven´t facial animation during the match but worked fine in the entrance.

I don´t think it is model files like 4E22 or 2710, maybe chaging name to that last files in the pach. There´s not other reason.

Edited by Mathayus
Add info

Ok, update. I renamed 9C40 and 9C4A to 00C4 and004A and now facial animation works, the game is not loading this files, but the hair is not loading too.

I´ll try activating only one of that files to see if the hair returns in the entrance.

I made a new Honky pach with no 9C40 or 9C4A at all but still no facial animations in the entrance and he still has hair... 

Edit : Ok so that is fucking weird, I renamed 9C40 to C4 and 9C4A to 4A and now the facial animations works but they dont work if those files are not there at all....that is fucking weird and super lucky that you discovered it.

Edited by Red Rooster

Honkys hair is working with facial animations, might be something to do with the 2k17 pac that is causing the hair problem.

So you finally got Honky working perfectly. That´s amazing. I´ll see tomorrow.

From 2K17 to 2K14, I´m getting back to mod 2K14. I tried that with Roman reigns from 2K17 and DDP entrance and surprise. Now you can get a lot of legends with facial animation in the entrance. Jakeypiearce give me an idea to add entries to select new moves since I unlocked Hogan comeback and taunts in 2K17 and now are selectables.  

Spelt my name wrong, so I fixed it for you. ;)

On a more serious note, let me see if I get this right. You're saying to create a new PACH, use the 9C40, and 9C4A from 2K14 on a 2K17 model? Well, how would I get a 2K17 model to edit if the containers are different between the two games, especially since X-Packer doesn't work?

Edited by jakeypearce

From 2K17 to 2K14, I´m getting back to mod 2K14. I tried that with Roman reigns from 2K17 and DDP entrance and surprise. Now you can get a lot of legends with facial animation in the entrance. Jakeypiearce give me an idea to add entries to select new moves since I unlocked Hogan comeback and taunts in 2K17 and now are selectables.  

On a more serious note, let me see if I get this right. You're saying to create a new PACH, use the 9C40, and 9C4A from 2K14 on a 2K17 model? Well, how would I get a 2K17 model to edit if the containers are different between the two games, especially since X-Packer doesn't work?

Look, open a pach in hex, before than the first BPE are two lines, in the last line look for 4A 9C. Change 9C for 00 and save. Inject in back into the pac file and ready. I don´t know if that would work in 2K17. You don´t know to use another files than your games version, only changing the name of the files.

Ok I just tried injecting Anvils entrance from 2k16 into 2k14 but the game crashes, when you did DDPs entrance did you use the EVP and EVZ or just one?

When I used DDP I think I used a 2K14 EVP and the 2K15 EVZ, I never added a 2K16 entrance yet. If you got any of my entrances you can extract the EVP´s to see what wrestler EVP is and try with that.

I´ll see about adding all the legend entrances from 2K16 and 2K17 and the tag entrances, the problem is that I don´t know how to set an entrance for a tag team.

I changed only the 9C4A and worked with Reigns but still without hair. I changed the 9C40 with new Road Dogg model but didn´t work, so I tihnk it´s the 9C4A.

Edited by Mathayus
Add info.

Look, open a pach in hex, before than the first BPE are two lines, in the last line look for 4A 9C. Change 9C for 00 and save. Inject in back into the pac file and ready. I don´t know if that would work in 2K17. You don´t know to use another files than your games version, only changing the name of the files.

Just tried that, and it didn't work sadly. Due to the change in format, I searched for BPE, and I found 4A 9C at offset 1A4C-1A4D. I changed the 9C to a 00, like you said, and it didn't work. Is it because I directly opened the ch100.pac file via hex?

Maybe cause files are different in 2k17 and it don´t work in the same way. I preffer to open the pach file in X-Packer to be sure the name of the file has changed when I edited it. And other thing you can try is adding the model and textures over a wrestler from 2K14. At this time, Honky worked fine for Red, but with Reigns from 2K17 he loose the hair. So I need to see if it works with 2K16 Reigns model and see if the rest of the models works fine.

I just tried in a match, and it's disabled facial animations entirely. Could it be the other one?

EDIT: I think the Sin Cara entrance doesn't have facial animations... If it doesn't, I'll see what the differences are in this entrance vs an entrance from 2K17.

Edited by jakeypearce

I just tried in a match, and it's disabled facial animations entirely. Could it be the other one?

It didn´t work in the entrance? It´s supossed it makes the facial animation works in the entrane in 2K14, but it probably lost the animation in a match, for that I said, you´ll need an entrane attire and a in ring attire. But since files are a bit different, maybe it only works for 2K14 and don´t work in 2K15-2K17.

I tried only changing 9C4A to 004A and worked. I tried changing only 9C40 and didn´t work, So it´s 9C4A the file that makes the difference. I need to see it cause I didn´t tried it in a match. I´ll do with Honky to see it.

It didn´t work in the entrance? It´s supossed it makes the facial animation works in the entrane in 2K14, but it probably lost the animation in a match, for that I said, you´ll need an entrane attire and a in ring attire. But since files are a bit different, maybe it only works for 2K14 and don´t work in 2K15-2K17.

I tried only changing 9C4A to 004A and worked. I tried changing only 9C40 and didn´t work, So it´s 9C4A the file that makes the difference. I need to see it cause I didn´t tried it in a match. I´ll do with Honky to see it.

I think it could work in 2K15 and 16, however due to the stupid change with 2K17, I don't think it'll be possible to add an entrance attire sadly. Also, the Retro Rock entrance from 2K14 (the bane of my life right now :p) has facial animations in 2K15. With 2K16, they changed it and kept that change with 2K17. I'll try anyway with 16 and get back to you.

Edited by jakeypearce

Hmmmmmmmmmm. From 2K15 to 2K16 changed. I´ll see before with 2K15 models. With 2K17 too. I tried with Reigns and he got facial animations but lost the hair, so I added 2K15 Reigns to see what happens.

Just tried with 2K16, and while the entrance didn't have facial animations, Rock did have them during the match. Have you tried decompressing the EVZ, and renaming the PACH entries to suit the 2K16 equivalent? That might just fix the animations...

Edited by jakeypearce