So alternate submission system is just as terrible?

Forsaken710

Unless I'm missing something there alternate submission system is just as hard as the current one. I cannot beat the comp to save my life. I could have His damage down to purple and they beat me. How is this ok?

Why would y'all want to beat up the controller? $70 is alot to just be throwing away on joysticks ya think. But to each' own i guess. The wheel is pretty simple and 9 out of 10 times the opp or u want submit unless that body part is weak other than that the hold dont last long so whats the prob

I myself cant play with the wheel. I tap out all the time and can't submit anyone, which made winning the game with submissions enabled impossible last year (PC, Xbox One). The new button mash system at least makes the game more playable as it works better for me and I can escape submissions and beat the CPU with them now. So I'm grateful for it. I would prefer an option of just an old school stat based system though (and holding down a sell buton if you don't want to get out/up, like in  WWF No Mercy). Same with kickouts and other stuff.

In genral, I wish we'd have lots of choices on how these things are handled.

Edited by Cave Waverider

The button submission mini game is really bad in defending but it's good to make the others tap .. But on the other hand the wheel submission mini game is good at defending but very hard to make the other wrestler tap ! :/ 

So i'll point this out, if you're playing the game on Xbox One, the submissions are god awful.
On PS4 they work great.

At least this was the case last year, as a mid year switch I made all of a sudden allowed me to actually use the submission aspects of the game.

I'd be curious above as to who has which console.

I'm really curious as to why so many people hate the submission system in the last two games. When the exact same thing was first implemented in one of the UFC games, I admit, I wasn't a huge fan of it, either. But compared to the much more complicated submission mini game in the new EA UFC games, it's a piece of cake, as it's much more responsive than it was in the earlier UFC games and the first time around in 2k16.

Plus, this year, your opponents movements are easier to predict than you might think. What I suggest trying, as it helped me master the submission wheel last year when it had minor flaws, is to practice the crescent/half circle technique.

When you initiate a submission, you know you're going to start on the top half of the circle...so start by holding straight down WITHOUT BOOSTING, until your opponent begins to move his slider. Then, whatever direction they go, you do a 3/4 rotation in the opposite direction to meet them half way and overlap them, using your boost sparingly.

You need to count on the opponent to panic, whether it's an AI or a human. So, once you've made contact with their slider the first time, expect them to attempt boosting in the other direction. Do it again but the opposite direction, and repeat until you find a good rhythm, rocking back and forth. (Tip: Only use your boost in short bursts, & never hold down boost unless the opponent moves the same direction as you while trying to escape.)

Shortly after that happens, one of the yellow boosts will appear once you find that rhythm/pattern. Believe it or not, it will reward you by placing it closer to your slider if you have found a good rythym, or closer to your opponents of they manage to keep you from finding that rhythm. Try your best to collect it, & repeat the same steps. Remember practice makes perfect, and have patience, it will get easier!

It just needs to be slightly easier. Either system.  I enjoy the aspect of a mini game but when I'm doing 6 or 7 times and can't get the guy to tape it gets frustrating and match seens all that fun after 6 or 7 finishers.  

It was god awful last year before the patch. Very easy afterwards, and still easy this year. I much prefer the wheel to mashing, however its very rough on newbies. Like if you have friends over and they play for the first time, the AI will make them tap in seconds.

• Like 1

It was god awful last year before the patch. Very easy afterwards, and still easy this year. I much prefer the wheel to mashing, however its very rough on newbies. Like if you have friends over and they play for the first time, the AI will make them tap in seconds.

ok its been bugging me forever....your sig and avatar....what and who is that from?

After 1.02 the button mash system has gotten way harder for me and I can't get anyone to tap out anymore and mostly can't get out of submissions either. I thought it was supposed to be easier with the patch, not harder.