Converting 2k17 Arenas to use in older games

Red Rooster

Ok, I have managed to convert Halloween Havoc 98 and Nitro so that they will work in 2k14 for the Wrestling Legends game. Heres how you do it :

Credit : EatRawMeat391 @ Legends of Modding for his Pac Editor

Tekken57 for Xpacker

You will need :

XPacker (any version that can make a new pach archive eg 9, 10 etc Im not sure if 8 can)

Pac Editor by EatRawMeat391 found here 

A hex editor

1) Open your bg##.pac file in a hex editor and extract the SDHC file manually (just copy and paste it into a new file)

2) Save your SDHC file with a name and .pac extension.

3) Open the config.ini file in the Pac Editor folder and change the pac_name_id value to 2

4) Open Pac Editor and click the Open button. Browse to your SDHC file and click Extract All.

5)  Pac Editor will extract all the ZLIB files into a new folder in the same location as the SDHC file.

6) By default Windows will list the files alphanumerically which in this case is not helpful, we need the files listed by their hex names so to do this you will need to edit the registry (if you are not comfortable with this then best not to). Open Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Create a new DWord with the name NoStrCmpLogical and set its value to 1

7) Restart Windows Explorer

8) Your files will now be listed by Hex name.

9) Open Xpackers and select File>New>PACH Archive and hit the Select Files button

10) Select all your zlib files and hit the "create PACH Archive" button and give it a name.

11) Inject your new pach file into a bg##.pac file.

12) Add it to your game as you would any other arena.

NB : You will have to inject a 4E20.pac file from an older game in order to have a crowd because the new 4E20 file is in the new format and the game wont read it.

NB 2 : To change the way windows lists files back to how it was before just change the regkey value to 0

Here are Nitro and Halloween Havoc 98 that I have already converted :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/llo8yxld5nd3iho/2k17WCWArenas.rar

new.jpg

Edited by Red Rooster
  • Like 6
  • Too Sweet 3

You can open the zlib files with xpacker just like normal and edit the color.dds but there is currently no way to inject them back into the new file type so they would only be usable in older versions of the game eg. 2k14/15 etc

You can open the zlib files with xpacker just like normal and edit the color.dds but there is currently no way to inject them back into the new file type so they would only be usable in older versions of the game eg. 2k14/15 etc

You can make the tool display the conventional file names.All you have to do is change the value from 1 to 0 in the config.ini file of the tool.

# PAC/PACH name type:
# Value 
# 0 - File will be named according to their index,like Expert tools
# 1 - File will be named according to their ID

You can make the tool display the conventional file names.All you have to do is change the value from 1 to 0 in the config.ini file of the tool.

# PAC/PACH name type:
# Value 

Thanks but that doesnt help, after editing the ini the file names become "file000117.zlib" etc which isnt what i need either.

# PAC/PACH name type:
# Value 

Thanks but that doesnt help, after editing the ini the file names become "file000117.zlib" etc which isnt what i need either.

OH i see.

# PAC/PACH name type:
# Value 

Version 3.8.2 released.Try changing pac_name_id to 2.
http://s15.zetaboards.com/legendsofmodding/topic/8490373/10/#new

• Like 1

Awesome, bro... Down the line maybe we can edit the color.dds and what not but for now it will look great in Wrestling Legends as is... Its already better than WWE 12's Nitro version because of the silver WCW objects in the entrance instead of the red one in 12. And the flames on mats makes this one of my favorites. Thanks alot for everything

Edited by summerslammer

its too typical with these kind of tools

What does that even mean?

Awesome, bro... Down the line maybe we can edit the color.dds and what not but for now it will look great in Wrestling Legends as is... Its already better than WWE 12's Nitro version because of the silver WCW objects in the entrance instead of the red one in 12. And the flames on mats makes this one of my favorites. Thanks alot for everything

We can edit the color.dds now, its just a normal zlib

That's awesome Red! great job once again .. and thanks for the arenas bro .. also please find a way to extract models from 2K17 before the legends DLC .. so looking forward to it.

That's awesome Red!  also please find a way to extract models from 2K17 before the legends DLC ..

But if Red knows how to extract models since the game was released...

Well yes Red said he had already figured that out but it was a lengthy process and he was waiting for a better tool to work with .. I am just hoping he comes up with something before the legends dlc .. The guys here are absolutely brilliant .. Glad to be a part of this board.

• Like 1

That's awesome Red!  also please find a way to extract models from 2K17 before the legends DLC ..

But if Red knows how to extract models since the game was released...

Well yes Red said he had already figured that out but it was a lengthy process and he was waiting for a better tool to work with .. I am just hoping he comes up with something before the legends dlc .. The guys here are absolutely brilliant .. Glad to be a part of this board.

There already is a better way using this new tool. El Guapo is doing the wrestlers.

• Like 1

Holy shit, man. I'm not sure if this will transfer to PC with it's release, but there are about 2-3x the amount of objects for arenas in old gen compared to what I've played around with for PC in 2K16 lol.