Help with Face Photo

EZY

I can't get a good face photo. Here are my steps. I take a selfie with my iPhone, I go to Paint.net, I crop my face and then resize the picture to 512 x 512. The results are the picture is too big to be placed correctly in the game. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm having the same issues, it must be how were cropping the photo because Im doing the same steps as you. The result is a big face that doesn't fit correctly. I can resize everything to fit well enough once I apply the photo but since I had to shrink the photo so much while applying it, it looks like my CAW is wearing a mask due to the skin tone being off...

So, the way I do it, is I take a picture of my face, and I crop out my hair and my ears, and I put it in the middle of the picture with a lot of space to either side. I then clone a piece of my skin and place it all around the 512x512 picture, and upload that.

You can't have your face filling in the whole picture, or it doesn't work as well.

I don't have one with me, but I can post it when I get home if you'd like,

Edited by kingjefftheawesome
  • Like 1

So, the way I do it, is I take a picture of my face, and I crop out my hair and my ears, and I put it in the middle of the picture with a lot of space to either side. I then clone a piece of my skin and place it all around the 512x512 picture, and upload that.

You can't have your face filling in the whole picture, or it doesn't work as well.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean, I attempted to do that (not with the eyes) but it didn't work well. From the sound of it, myface picture is to big. Your picture would be much appreciated. 

Its pretty much the same as last year. I got the hang of it last year but since I haven't done it in a while its taking me a little bit to get used to it again. I think the best way to get it to work right is to not just take a picture of your face but take a picture from the top of your chest and up so you have your shoulders in the pick as well. Upload it the way it is without cutting anything out and see if that works. Only pain with this can be if your wearing a shirt it'll probably go onto the chest of your caw. 

I got it to work very well by using kingjefftheawesome's picture as a guide. The only thing I had to mess around with was adjusting my skintone. After a few photo shop tutorials, I think I got it perfect.

You think you could help me out? I have some faces cropped but they look weird when I place it on a caw. I just need help blending the skin tone around the picture and I don't have any programs at the moment. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by thefranchise03

• 2 weeks later...

You think you could help me out? I have some faces cropped but they look weird when I place it on a caw. I just need help blending the skin tone around the picture and I don't have any programs at the moment. Thanks in advance. 

I'm sorry I just saw this! I would definitely be down to help if needed.

That's cool, I appreciate it a lot. I'll send the pictures when I can. Thanks again.