WWE 2K17 Xbox 360 Save Editor and PS3 Trainer

K.G

Thanks for answering my questions. Thank-you also for making it possible to update the tool I already have as opposed to buying a new one.

I'm honestly just grateful that you can make this functionality possible, so if it's one at a time then I will do one at a time. If there is anyways you can build in doing multiple caw transfers that would be amazing. I have 89 caws I made for WWE 2K16 that I would be looking to transfer over.

I had one last question, it copies over the movesets, but in WWE 2k17, some of the moves have been removed or are not selectable in the same areas as WWE 2k16 for example in the weak strikes in 17 you can no longer select any of the Dropkicks.  So what would happen if i transfer over a caw from 16 who has a dropkick in their weak strikes to 17 would it allow the dropkick to be in that move category or would it error?

Sorry for all the questions, part of me is worried in doing it this way in case the data corrupts for the 16 caw then I lose it altogether 

If the move is still in the game, then it will be available in the match, however maybe in the moveset menu, you won't see the move. If its not in the game anymore, then instead of doing the move you won't do anything, you will have to replace the move in the moveset menu.

For the corruption, always make a backup of your files, so before starting the transfer process, make sure you have all your WWE 2K17 saves files backed up (save and caw files etc.). So that if something goes wrong, you can always go back to your initial save.

Excellent thank you.

One last question I promise, do I need to copy the Cas files in the same order from 16 to 17. What I mean is if a caw on 16 was Cas file 02 (3rd caw in therror game) do I have to move this caw to 17 also as cas files 02 (3rd caw) or will the tool rename the case files also?

Really really looking forward to this update

Sorry to mither I wondered if you were releasing the update this weekend? I've stopped manually transferring my caws now (as in writing the formulas down  and recreating) very excited for this update. Also wondered if you'd looked at doing multiple caws in one go or will it still be individual caws at a time as per video?

Edited by Cuey82

Sorry to mither I wondered if you were releasing the update this weekend? I've stopped manually transferring my caws now (as in writing the formulas down  and recreating) very excited for this update. Also wondered if you'd looked at doing multiple caws in one go or will it still be individual caws at a time as per video?

while i would love multiple CAWs at once and would have loved this feature years ago lol.

I also fear that due to this being the first time anyone has done this particular hack.....it could be buggy....and doing more than one at a time might make tracking crashes harder. he already stated he doesnt know if downloaded CAWs will transfer or not so there is that potential bug. 

also custom logos....while he said they won't transfer....does that make the transfer more buggy or less if your CAW has custom logos(unless he's figured that out....no clue why it's a problem....caw and paint tool havent been changed in years)? 

not knocking KG or  saying anything bad about him or anything....just stating there may be some possible bugs that won't make this an exact science and less so with multiples at one time. rest assured i am glad he got this to work at all in any shape.

maybe we can trial run it and see how it does....and if it's stable perhaps he will be willing to update it?

Yeah I'm more than happy to trial run anything here and feedback just very pleased it even looks possible. Happy to do my caws one by one too, it's still a much shorter than the process of writing it all down and recreating etc

Hi,

bare with me. I had some issues with my internet, so I had to reupload a video i was working on before that. As soon as its done I will make the update available. If the video is not done today, I will make it tomorrow, rest assured.

I'm sorry for the trouble. I will release the Stable Editor along with it, so the wait won't be for nothing.

Hi,

bare with me. I had some issues with my internet, so I had to reupload a video i was working on before that. As soon as its done I will make the update available. If the video is not done today, I will make it tomorrow, rest assured.

I'm sorry for the trouble. I will release the Stable Editor along with it, so the wait won't be for nothing.

okay fair enough. no worries.

The update is out. Been up til 2AM in my country to make sure I release it now :-) going to bed now.

To avoid getting a "application has stop working" message when the download of the update is done, Create a folder named "Temporary Folder" in the root folder of the tool before opening the trainer to update.

The update is out. Been up til 2AM in my country to make sure I release it now :-) going to bed now.

To avoid getting a "application has stop working" message when the download of the update is done, Create a folder named "Temporary Folder" in the root folder of the tool before opening the trainer to update.

thanks

and even if you dont do the temporary folder thing, it will work.

not a big deal but to anyone that reads the tutorial there is a typo in your instructions:

"3. | Import a 2K16 CAW to 2K17:
Load the files in the application:
3.1. | Select your 2K16 main save file (savedata.dat).
3.2. | Select the 2K16 CAW file of the caw you want to import.
3.3. | Select your 2K17 main save file (savedata.dat).
3.4. | Select the 2K16 CAW file of the "clean CAW Template" you will replace.
3.5. | Check what you want to import to 2K17 (info, movesets etc...)
3.6. | Once you are done, click "Save, Rehash and Resign""

3.4 should read 2k17 not 2k16

that said....the program works fine.

Firstly I wanted to say thank you, I've been a big fan of your tools and bought them sInce WWE13 for both PS3 and X-Box360.

Secondly I'm so happy to hear that you've managed to find away to copy caw data from 2K16 to 2K17. The fact it doesn't copy custom logos is not a massive thing for me, as the timing consuming part is writing my formulas down, photoing any detailing and writing movesets down and remakimg them all this will save so much time. I did have a few questions if that's okay?

* will the WWE2K17 tool I've already bought be updated with this feature or do I need to purchase a new tool?

* when will it be released?

* can I copy multiple caws at once or do I need to follow the process in the video  (rehashing the save.dat each time and resaving each attire) for each caw I transfer?

* I had an issue with some of my caws in 16 where they corrupted so I had to redownload my own caws from CC. So they have "downloaded" next to them in game even though they are my own, will this be the case when they appear in 2K17 and if I set them to "no" for reupload in 16 will I able to upload them to CC for 17?

Really excited to see this released thanks again

having tested this out, his tool removes the download tag completely. you are free to reupload. keep this in mind though....it was like this in 2k16 and it is like this in 2k17. and i say this because this year he added an entrance editor. i did this last year via hex editing....but if you set your championship entrance to "none" you cannot upload your CAW.....you can, but it will be a default CAW. setting it to none works 100% fine offline with no problems at all....but you go to upload it with it set to "none" it will  upload a default CAW.

also when reapplying custom logos it is a good idea to delete them off your imported CAW first. as they are still there in the layers. since if you add a custom logo with the imported ones still there the game then decides to copy that logo in place of the custom logos. which is extra disappointing that the game can tell a custom logo is there, even glitch with it, but won't read it.

also some character moves and taunts changed....for example one CAW i imported had a Brie Taunt....since that taunt is now renamed or removed, i just have the new Brie taught that got copied in its place(as they had the same name/value).....same thing with entrances, i had the emma background of 2k16....since it changed i defaulted to the new emma background. so random things like that will be different. overall....solid tool, imports i'd say 75% of the CAW at a bare minimum most of the time. should cut down on a lot of work for most CAW makers....now if they only find this tool....

overall this is definitely the feature 2k, yukes, and THQ should have given us years ago.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the advice above, I guess I'll just do a quick sweep of movesets and entrances after copying a caw over to check for any "erroneous" bits. 

Thank you very much K.G for this fabulous update, I can't thank you enough, will try it out later when I get home from work  

• Like 1

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

If everything is working fine this way, then I will try to add the function to do multiple CAWs at once in the future.

Even 2K14/15 to 2K17.

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

If everything is working fine this way, then I will try to add the function to do multiple CAWs at once in the future.

Even 2K14/15 to 2K17.

no problem

one bug i have found....i can't seem to import CAWs with only one attire. I've tried importing them over CAWs with 4 attires and CAWs with 1 attire. your program just gets stuck loading. not sure how CAWs with only 2 or 3 attires work.

though if a CAW has 4 attires, your program seems to work flawlessly.

Apologies I haven't posted any feedback up to now, I only just had chance to sit down and use the tool today after being very busy this week.

Its absolutely brilliant, works perfectly. I've tested a few things and discovered:

1. Whilst the Tool doesn't transfer the custom Logos, echoing what XHP Kayne says that the custom logos are still in the caw layers; however DON'T delete them. This is because the tool does import the caw with it "remembering" the positioning & size of where the custom logo was placed, so all you have to do, is make sure you insert the logos you made and used for the caw in WWE 2K16 into your LOGO.DAT file for WWE 2K17 using the functionality on the same tool. Then as you would before create a new logo in the edit a logo option in WWE 2K17 and select your custom logos accordingly. Then go to your caw, go to edit layers, select the "custom logo" from the appropriate layer of your caw, select the very same logo you used on the same caw in that layer on WWE 2K16 and hey presto it puts the logo on the caw in exactly same place and same size as you had it in WWE 2K16.

If you get the message about "using the maximum number of custom logos (10 128x128 logos or 2 256x256 logos) at any point, then the way around this is to delete one custom logo on the attire layer on the caws entrance attire, (don't delete them off the ring attire or off the body layers) it'll then, stop treating the same logos on both the ring attire and entrance attire as being different logos.

2. you need to change the Caws hometown aswell as the call name, but this is easy enough

3. My concerns about the weak strikes was not needed, if the move exists in WWE 2K17 it puts it in the weak strikes, even if you cant actually select it when editting the moveset normally, so if your caw had a dropkick as a weak strike in WWE 2K16 it will do so in WWE 2K17, despite you being only normally being able to select these as strong strikes in WWE 2K17.

Thanks so much again for everything, I'm literally flying through re-adding my caws, its eliminated so much time.

Apologies I haven't posted any feedback up to now, I only just had chance to sit down and use the tool today after being very busy this week.

Its absolutely brilliant, works perfectly. I've tested a few things and discovered:

1. Whilst the Tool doesn't transfer the custom Logos, echoing what XHP Kayne says that the custom logos are still in the caw layers; however DON'T delete them. This is because the tool does import the caw with it "remembering" the positioning & size of where the custom logo was placed, so all you have to do, is make sure you insert the logos you made and used for the caw in WWE 2K16 into your LOGO.DAT file for WWE 2K17 using the functionality on the same tool. Then as you would before create a new logo in the edit a logo option in WWE 2K17 and select your custom logos accordingly. Then go to your caw, go to edit layers, select the "custom logo" from the appropriate layer of your caw, select the very same logo you used on the same caw in that layer on WWE 2K16 and hey presto it puts the logo on the caw in exactly same place and same size as you had it in WWE 2K16.

If you get the message about "using the maximum number of custom logos (10 128x128 logos or 2 256x256 logos) at any point, then the way around this is to delete one custom logo on the attire layer on the caws entrance attire, (don't delete them off the ring attire or off the body layers) it'll then, stop treating the same logos on both the ring attire and entrance attire as being different logos.

2. you need to change the Caws hometown aswell as the call name, but this is easy enough

3. My concerns about the weak strikes was not needed, if the move exists in WWE 2K17 it puts it in the weak strikes, even if you cant actually select it when editting the moveset normally, so if your caw had a dropkick as a weak strike in WWE 2K16 it will do so in WWE 2K17, despite you being only normally being able to select these as strong strikes in WWE 2K17.

Thanks so much again for everything, I'm literally flying through re-adding my caws, its eliminated so much time.

good to know....i had suspected this might be the case with custom logos(which is great for CAWs you yourself made). but honestly i havent imported to much into 2k17....to be honest the 1 count bug sort of ruins it....among other things....it just doesnt appear to play as well as 2k16 at the moment.