Modded Superstar, wrong name.

Goon3r73

Hello all, I am new to modding as far as WWE games on PC go, therefore I have a question for folk if they care to answer. I have installed a Randy Savage nWo mod which replaces Baron Corbin in game. It all works expect that when he enters the ring he his actually announced as Baron Corbin. While there is no detriment to the game I was wondering whether or not there is a tutorial on being able to change modded superstars names so he gets announced as Randy Savage or at worst nothing at all like all the other superstars such as Hulk Hogan.

I have looked at a few of the tutorials on here but am still unsure what to do. I don't want to go editing something and completely mess my game up. (Yes I have fully backed up my original game file beforehand)

If there is no solution then I will have to put up with him being announced as Baron Corbin. I just thought maybe someone who knows more about modding of this game may be able to offer some advice.

Many thanks

It is not possible without editing. You have to replace his announcer sound with Randy Savage with SI/SE or you could do it the hard way and change Baron Corbin sound references (offsets) to the one from Randy Savage in the sound pck file. Most sound file ids can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14QujyI7rYNauhbteGK3waTCmqxRyNtlzFM8IErFpsSg/edit#gid=1040554111

Edited by TheVisitorX

There's a tutorial on replacing announcer audio HERE. If you're replacing him with Randy Savage then easiest way to do it would be to rip Savage's audios from the sound files with Ravioli Game Tools (use the table on that page to find his IDs) as the default wwise file (so no conversion to WAV or MP3), then rename the file format from .wwise to .wem, then inject those straight into Baron Corbin's files.

Edited by 4 Life

There's a tutorial on replacing announcer audio HERE. If you're replacing him with Randy Savage then easiest way to do it would be to rip Savage's audios from the sound files with Ravioli Game Tools (use the table on that page to find his IDs) as the default wwise file (so no conversion to WAV or MP3), then rename the file format from .wwise to .wem, then inject those straight into Baron Corbin's files.

You could also do that with my new Sound Editor tool. You no longer need Ravioli Game Tools for that!

Edited by TheVisitorX
  • Like 1

I shall give it a go guys and see. Knowing me Ill mess up somewhere, I already have with some things in the game. I don't know how but with the Goldberg mod it starts to play his entrance music twice and sounds awful. Not quite sure how Ive done that but there we are. Ive also noticed that sometimes when I have two modded superstars in a match, the second superstars entrance theme doesn't play. Again whether that's a glich or something Ive not done right, I'm not sure. Anyways Ill try your new tool and have a go at this. Ill post back with my efforts.

I shall give it a go guys and see. Knowing me Ill mess up somewhere, I already have with some things in the game. I don't know how but with the Goldberg mod it starts to play his entrance music twice and sounds awful. Not quite sure how Ive done that but there we are. Ive also noticed that sometimes when I have two modded superstars in a match, the second superstars entrance theme doesn't play. Again whether that's a glich or something Ive not done right, I'm not sure. Anyways Ill try your new tool and have a go at this. Ill post back with my efforts.

It's a known bug in the PC version and only occurs with advanced entrances! It has nothing to do with modding or such a thing.

Edited by TheVisitorX

Edit: Not quite sure why it says pozzum's name but go on.

Edit: Ive had a look at the tutorial and it all seems way above my head. The last thing I want to do is screw my game up. I guess Ill stick with Baron Corbins name for now. I will take a look and see if you have tutorials on your SI tool and see how SE tool works. I really have no clue on stuff like this.

Edit: I have no idea where the sound files are kept and pretty much everything is a pac file. Told you I'm new and raw to all this modding. Forget I mentioned it but thankyou guys for your advice.

Edited by Goon3r73